Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:28 am
You last visited November 1, 2014, 3:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery RIGGING !!

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2004, 5:59 am - IP Logged

This is in Indiana http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/193332-2538-127.html I'll post more as I find em. Please post yours also if you come across any. Thanx

USA
    United States
    Member #8242
    October 29, 2004
    1133 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:19 am - IP Logged
      USA
      United States
      Member #8242
      October 29, 2004
      1133 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:28 am - IP Logged

4 years ago in Pittsburgh >>

The Real Story Behind "Lucky Numbers"
      PITTSBURGH (October 30, 2000) -- While movie critics are busy bagging the recently released movie "Lucky Numbers" starring John Travolta and Lisa Kudrow, few remember, or know about, the real-life infamous "666 Fix" scandal that inspired the movie.
      On April 24, 1980, six million viewers tuned in to watch Pittsburgh television personality Nick Perry draw 666 for a then-record $3.5 million Pennsylvania daily number payout.
      Perry conspired with in-studio lottery security official Edward Plevel to replace a set of table tennis balls numbered 0 through 9 with balls that were weighted so only those numbered 4 and 6 would be pulled up by the vacuum-like drawing machines.
      The pair first tried injecting the balls with baby powder. When that didn't work, they tried talcum powder and sugar, and then, improbably, Vaseline.
      They finally settled on painting the 4 and 6 balls with latex paint.
      Perry's outside agents were brothers Jack and Peter Maragos of Pittsburgh and James Maragos of Delaware County, who spent the day of the drawing feverishly buying nearly $100,000 worth of tickets and ended up temporarily pocketing about $1.2 million of the record payout.
      James West, who prosecuted Perry and his confederates, and Steph Rosenfeld, a special assistant to the state attorney general at the time, both agreed that the fix might never have been revealed were it not for one very important angle that Perry overlooked:
      Bookies base their own daily number - the so-called street number - on the state's number. They took a drubbing when 666 came up, caught wind of the fix and, in a legendary reversal of roles, ratted out the conspirators.
      Lottery security official Plevel served two years of a seven-year sentence. Two of the brothers Maragos agreed to testify against Perry in exchange for not doing jail time, while the other brother and two TV studio stagehands who were aware of the fix served shorter sentences.
      Perry - real name Nicholas Pericles Katsafanas - served two years of a seven-year sentence before returning to TV a few rungs down the career ladder as host of a Pittsburgh-area show called "Jackpot Bowling."
      Now in his early 90s, he was honoured last year as a 50-year Pittsburgh TV pioneer and is said to live somewhere in Western Pennsylvania.
      The fix resulted in several state lottery reforms.
      The daily drawing was moved to Harrisburg. And, instead of a TV personality presiding, the honor goes to a senior citizen who is observed by two security officials and a certified public accountant. The balls are weighed before and after every drawing.
      Since the fix, 666 has come up 11 times in the Daily Numbers Game.
      Meanwhile, the all-time daily number payout record has soared to $38 million from a June 1991 drawing.
      The number was 777.
      SOURCE: Compiled by LI staff from local media reports.

USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:31 am - IP Logged

This is just sad, but I'm glad she got her $$$ >>

Pennsylvania Lottery Probe Finds Apparent Cover-Up of Botched Million Dollar Spin;
        Auditor General Offers 15 Recommendations to Improve Lottery's Oversight and Restore Public Confidence
        HARRISBURG, Pa. (July 11, 2000) -- For two years, State Lottery officials concealed the facts surrounding a decision that deprived a western Pennsylvania grandmother of a one million dollar prize she legitimately had won, according to a special audit released today by Auditor General Robert P. Casey, Jr.
        Casey's probe into the Lottery's Million Dollar Spin Game exposed the apparent cover-up and prompted the Ridge administration -- two years after the fact -- to pay former Monessen resident Joyce Tatsch the million dollars to which she was entitled, plus interest.
        ``Older Pennsylvanians and those who support the Lottery must have absolute confidence in the program's integrity,'' Casey said. ``Unfortunately, our audit found glaring weaknesses in the overall management of Lottery's operations, a reckless disregard for sound business practices, and an apparent cover-up involving officials at the highest level.''

USA
          United States
          Member #8242
          October 29, 2004
          1133 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:47 am - IP Logged

Here's details on the "666 Fix". Coincidentally, the first paragraph says "legal scam". That's something I've repeatedly told myself for the past year. http://www.newyinzer.com/issue02/n-may.html

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            21592 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2004, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Maverick:

Do you read the news section here?  All that stuff was already posted there.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
              Member #7931
              October 18, 2004
              312 Posts
              Posted: November 14, 2004, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

this is what ive been trying to teel people here that call me stupid among other names.

a few have asked me how would people know about winning scratch tickets in advance and tell me there is no way it can happen, and as they are saying this ...............people are being arrested for the lottery fraud ...........while people still say its not rigged.

i insist i know its rigged cause i sold millions of dollars of tickets to customers. those idiots out there saying its not rigged must be in on the take.

i see they are not "posting" any idget remarks nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!1

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11334 Posts
                Posted: November 14, 2004, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

i think that the pick 3,4, and 5 is monitored to take in the numbers that nobody bets on that day........indiana is a great example!!!

USA
                  United States
                  Member #8242
                  October 29, 2004
                  1133 Posts
                  Posted: November 14, 2004, 2:11 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Todd on November 14, 2004

Maverick:

Todd I may have, but your site is not that small. To not get repeat threads, one would literally have to read each & every thread to make sure. I'd like to also say I merely posted this info cos it concerns anyone who plays in Lottery's; not to have people stop playing. Forgive me if I upset you. Peace & hair grease.
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    21592 Posts
                    Posted: November 14, 2004, 4:34 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on November 14, 2004

Maverick:

Todd I may have, but your site is not that small. To not get repeat threads, one would literally have to read each & every thread to make sure. I'd like to also say I merely posted this info cos it concerns anyone who plays in Lottery's; not to have people stop playing. Forgive me if I upset you. Peace & hair grease.

Actually, you just need to look at the home page to see the front-page news stories.  The reason I mention this is that in order to have effective discussion threads, they should be grouped together, rather than having several different topics making the same point.  You might be missing what someone else is saying.

The best thing to do is to use the Active Topics option in the forums menu, and then you don't need to  read "literally each & every thread" - it shows you what has changed since your last visit.

Strange that you think you "upset me" - why would you say that?  Am I not allowed to point something out without being deemed "upset"?

USA
                      United States
                      Member #8242
                      October 29, 2004
                      1133 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Actually, you just need to look at the home page to see the front-page news stories.  The reason I mention this is that in order to have effective discussion threads, they should be grouped together, rather than having several different topics making the same point.  You might be missing what someone else is saying.

The best thing to do is to use the Active Topics option in the forums menu, and then you don't need to  read "literally each & every thread" - it shows you what has changed since your last visit.

Strange that you think you "upset me" - why would you say that?  Am I not allowed to point something out without being deemed "upset"?

I started that thread after seeing several people talk about rigging & their posts were not in the News section. Is my thread not a discussion also? I do not know if I upset you or not because I had used the word "if". I figured I may have because your reply could be seen by some as irritation. Sorry if Im wrong.
                        urbossmanpimpin's avatar - batman49
                        Dallas, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #7272
                        September 28, 2004
                        179 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2004, 1:53 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by enterceptorr on November 14, 2004

this is what ive been trying to teel people here that call me stupid among other names.

a few have asked me how would people know about winning scratch tickets in advance and tell me there is no way it can happen, and as they are saying this ...............people are being arrested for the lottery fraud ...........while people still say its not rigged.

i insist i know its rigged cause i sold millions of dollars of tickets to customers. those idiots out there saying its not rigged must be in on the take.

i see they are not "posting" any idget remarks nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!1

after reading that post about the retailers being in on knowing where the winning ticket is....i stopped playing scratch-offs. I only play the pick number games now. Not to say that they aren't probably rigged too but I'd rather buy a ticket and the store person not know if its a winner or not.
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          21592 Posts
                          Posted: November 16, 2004, 2:13 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on November 14, 2004

I started that thread after seeing several people talk about rigging & their posts were not in the News section. Is my thread not a discussion also? I do not know if I upset you or not because I had used the word "if". I figured I may have because your reply could be seen by some as irritation. Sorry if Im wrong.

I was not talking about discussion the topic of rigging in other threads.  I was talking about double-posting the news stories which already exist in the news section.  We keep all the news together there.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2733 Posts
                            Posted: November 16, 2004, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

we all know that the lottery can be rigged again. it is not too hard. i can easily tell you how to rig the powerball drawing. do what nick perry did, except weigh down the balls you want to come up. as the balls go to the bottom of the machine, the pedestal brings them up and rolls them down the tube. here's how the mega millions draw can be rigged. it's almost the same way as with the powerball drawing. weigh down the balls that you want to be drawn. granted it will not be easy to get access to the balls, all you need to do is tell the security person that you'll split the prize with them if it works.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                              MD
                              United States
                              Member #1701
                              June 18, 2003
                              7886 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2004, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Maverick and anybody else that interested in this subject. If you type rigging or rigged in the search engine at the top of this page you can find a lot of posts about this subject. It has been talked about many times.

If people fear that the lottery is rigged why bother to play. It seems like people who think the lottery is rigged and continue to play are fooling themselves into believing that they can win even if it is rigged.

If anyone thinks the lottery is rigged and can prove it contact the lottery commissioner and file a complaint.

There are all king of criminals out there and it stands to reason that someone might try and rig a game. But at what price is one willing to rig the lottery knowing that if they get caught that they will spend time behind bars. Ok for the skeptics how many people have rigged the lottery and not got caught.

Ok Ok OK it has been rigged in the past in some states and they got caught. Then they put regulations and security measures in place to try and prdvent it from happening again. Does that mean that it won't be tried again? NO! any time money is involved people will try and find a way to steal it.

I'm pretty sure that with all the security in place that one would almost have to be a magician to rig the lottery games. Or everyone involved with the drawing would have to be in on it. Now I could go on forever about the ramifications of this but I won't.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.