Technicians hustle to fix Nebraska lottery machines

Dec 1, 2004, 8:19 am (7 comments)

Nebraska Lottery

As the $127 million Powerball drawing looms, technicians are hustling to fix the Nebraska's 950 lottery machines.

The failure Sunday of a communications satellite for the lottery forced workers to recalibrate all of the state's lottery machines a process that takes about 20 to 30 minutes at each location.

Lottery spokesman Brian Rockey said technicians were able to fix 126 machines Monday, after spending most of the day training for the task.

Workers were back on the job at 6 a.m. and expect to get to at least 700 machines Tuesday, Rockey said.

"It's a pretty good prospect that everything will be done tomorrow," Rockey said.

Rockey said some teams worked until midnight Monday, and technicians expected to keep a similar schedule Tuesday.

The lottery is still evaluating how to address the issue of customers potentially not being able to buy Powerball tickets, Rockey said.

"We certainly appreciate everyone's business and patience," Rockey said.

AP

Tags for this story

Other popular tags

Comments

urbossmanpimpin's avatarurbossmanpimpin

i wonder how this will affect the jackpot?

LOTTOMIKE's avatarLOTTOMIKE

where is the nearest state from nebraska that sells powerball tickets.....go cornhuskers!!!!

JimmySand9
Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on December 1, 2004

where is the nearest state from nebraska that sells powerball tickets.....go cornhuskers!!!!

Nebraska is surrounded by Powerball states. Iowa (avoid), Colorado, South Dakota, and Kansas.

jim695

JimmySand9:

Just out of curiosity, why avoid Iowa?

CASH Only

Maybe Jimmy thinks you're under 21.

urbossmanpimpin's avatarurbossmanpimpin

well i see it didn't make that much of a difference. I wonder if there will be a winner saturday nite. I think that I am gonna hold out for wednesday

CASH Only

How about getting Hot Lotto after the machines are fixed?

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story