Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:20 am
You last visited April 20, 2014, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Old. but good, pick 3 workouts tutorials.

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2005, 3:01 am - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/111965

The above is a link for one of my past pick 3 workouts tutorials (more or less), there are others also on the Pick 3 forum and the Lottery systems forum. Those particular workouts might have been some of the best that I have posted (maybe).

You all who wanted hands-on workout examples can take a look at those and maybe even look for some others that I might have elsewhere.

Remember learning the filters is a journey and they don't always work for various reasons, keeping your predictions to yourselves, might make them work a little better, it is possible to do better with them as time goes by, if your picks are not posted so nobody will know what you are playing (just in case, as you never know anything for sure).

That thread alone shows that it is possible to win with filters and you can maybe get better at them with time, also you can do better if you play where the odds are better, because you get pay much more when you do win (you know what I mean).

For more info use the search feature to look at some others of my old posts, maybe even the very old pick 3 posts.

Remember I was posting as EXCALIBUR at the beginning, before I changed to LANTERN.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2005, 4:17 am - IP Logged

I should also say that I have changed my filter systems so very many times and so often that the truth is that I can't remember what I used at any one particular time and why I used what I used.

Right now, I haven't tried to predict the pick 3 for so long that I can't even remember what filters I was using the last time that I made predictions or pick 3 workouts, more often than not everytime that I come back again to try to predict with filters I have to try to figure out all over again what might work (which filters to use), by the way, not all of the filtering is done with the Crunch 2, some has been done by hand and some some-times has to be done with even some other program as the Crunch 2 can only do so much, but most of the time is just the Crunch 2 and a little more filtering done by hand.

I won't be giving on hands instructions, at least no time soon, just look at the old posts by me and also by MikeK and experiment on your own a little at a time, learn the use of only 1 filter first and then move on to another and a little at a time start to learn the filters 1 at a time, it takes experimenting and some patience and do read as much about filters here at LP from the old posts and also maybe from elsewhere on the Web, also download pick 3 and 4 filter programs try the demos, but only 1 of them at a time and learn from the programs' help files as much as you can about the filters and their uses.

Good luck.

Fernando.

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

The new search feature is very limited it could not go back to search for my old posts.

The only way now maybe is to go back on the forums 1 page at a time to look for particular posts, that is very very hard to do and can take a very long long time to find any-one particular post, so at least for now unless things change with the search option, for all practical purposes the old posts are lost along with all their lottery information.

Well, so much for looking for my very old posts as LANTERN and also as EXCALIBUR, my old pick 3 posts are pretty much impossible to find right now as there are way too many posts on the pick  3 forum by so very many people.

I have had some dissagreements with some LP members and I dislike some of them and I don't want those few to look at any new filters posts that I could make, that is why I might not make any new ones, those few might profit some maybe from my posts and I don't like that.

I need to find some nice, but very much less known place where to post things.

I guess that will be on my list of things to do for next year.

At least TNTEA is giving something back with her Vtrac tutorials and some other people also, but not everybody does, very many don't.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2005, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

I was wrong about the new search feature it goes all the way back just fine, it is perfect now really really good, I found this very old post of mine, take a look, 24 combos I got them by filtering by hand as I used to do before at the beginning before I used the Crunch 2, I got the combo boxed, in my very early pick 3 posts I used to get the winning number very often and I mikght have done the filtering by hand more often than not, I don't remember for sure.

You can filter also by hand only and without any lottery programs at all, I used to do it very often before and still can if I want to, the Crunch 2 and also TODD's online workouts just make things so very much easier to do, too bad that nobody has made the perfect or almost perfect pick 3 and 4 filter program, I might be 1 of the very few people who know enough about pick 3 filters to be able to do it, but can't as I can't program at all, I tried with some programmers, but they didn't want or could not make the program as I told them to make them, so their work goes from fair to so so, if they would do things as they are told and if they were better programmers we might already had a very nice and good filters program, as things are right now the Crunch 2 is as close as we can get to it.

Look at this one of my old pick 3 post the workout was done by hand I think without any lottery programs at all.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread.aspx?tp=92912&sq=Lantern&rp=Search#i239135

There are some more posts on the pick 3 forum, but not so easy to find. The very early pick 3 posts might have been some of the best.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
          Redford/MI
          United States
          Member #3396
          January 18, 2004
          4867 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2005, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for teaching me about filters. 

I am learning to spot the trends with the filters that you taught me but I sure do miss the on-going tutorials

hint,hint Naughty

L ttaL   T

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2005, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

LottaLoot

You are welcomed, thank you.

If you would take a good look at all of my old filters posts, you would then learn about many other filters, beside the ones on the Tao of Filters thread.

Once  you do that if you learn them you would know more about pick 3 and pick 4 filters than most people.

I was using filters by hand without any lottery programs for quite some time, it is good to learn how to do that, you learn a lot that way.

Once you learn the nature of filters such as I do or even better than me, filters will be LEGION to you as they are for me.

The  Tao of Filters tutorial helped me to develop even more possible filters, I have to work on that for a few weeks to see if they can really help or not and or how good they be if at all.

I don't like to mention names, but I have to keep any future tutorials away from some people, so I can't post no more.

But do look at all of my old filter tutorials.

Fernando.

You know, I was going to keep the Tao of Filters tutorilas going on for quite some time longer, but seeing who was looking at my posts reminded me that it was not such a good idea to do.

I am of course not talking about you and TNTEA, but about somebody else.

paurths's avatar - underground
              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
              Belgium
              Member #19287
              July 29, 2005
              2254 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2005, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

LottaLoot

You are welcomed, thank you.

If you would take a good look at all of my old filters posts, you would then learn about many other filters, beside the ones on the Tao of Filters thread.

Once  you do that if you learn them you would know more about pick 3 and pick 4 filters than most people.

I was using filters by hand without any lottery programs for quite some time, it is good to learn how to do that, you learn a lot that way.

Once you learn the nature of filters such as I do or even better than me, filters will be LEGION to you as they are for me.

The  Tao of Filters tutorial helped me to develop even more possible filters, I have to work on that for a few weeks to see if they can really help or not and or how good they be if at all.

I don't like to mention names, but I have to keep any future tutorials away from some people, so I can't post no more.

But do look at all of my old filter tutorials.

Fernando.

You know, I was going to keep the Tao of Filters tutorilas going on for quite some time longer, but seeing who was looking at my posts reminded me that it was not such a good idea to do.

I am of course not talking about you and TNTEA, but about somebody else.

Someone else?

oh brother... is this a matter of national security or so? Disapprove

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                21228 Posts
                Posted: December 16, 2005, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Lantern,

Thanks as always for your comments on filters.  I find them highly useful for creating new features.

Unfortunately, I have a mountain of work at the moment, which has prevented me from doing any serious development on new features.  I hope to get freed up to start developing again by February.  Maybe I can continue to sneak smaller things in before then, but I think it's going to be a couple of months before I can do "heavy lifting".

I feel bad about that, because I know I've promised a bunch of things to different people, but I really will get restarted on development as soon as I can.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

paurths's avatar - underground
                  Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                  Belgium
                  Member #19287
                  July 29, 2005
                  2254 Posts
                  Posted: December 16, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged
                  Well, i decided not to respond when you started you filterslessons, b/c i had a hunch of what might happen when i did respond.
                  I posted about the positionsfilter, you immediatly jumped in "you don't understand the filter" and some more ... also about "don't you know that there are only digits from 0 to 9?", when i posted their positions!!! Unhappy
                  And there you have it...
                  But really, you just keep going on, well, so will i now respond. But just for once.
                  First of all, Fernando, you provided filters, not explanations of filter-methods.
                  I still have all your emails with the examples, just as they are posted on LP.
                  Tell me, where exactly did you write "And now for the best and truly only usage of this filter"???
                  Nowhere, that's the answer. There are probably a hundred filters one could think of, is it that hard? pfff, no, it is not. I created vertical filters, 3-dimensional, matrix filters, digits to hexadecimal filters, binairy filters, ... guess what, they work. Only thing is, i don't know when they will work. Little problem...
                  Using the filters together, that's another thing, which is not that simple. First you need, per filter, that it works at least 95% of the times it is used.
                  Using them together without one filter killing the other filter, thats yet another level.
                  Predictions using filters, some of them you posted, can also be done with MS Excel, or even in MS Word if you put your mind to it, or even by hand, as you seem to do.

"But they didn't want or couldn't make the program as i told them to make them"?
                  Hello??? No No
                  Perhaps you forget about sending that email or so, b/c i can not recall you ever writing "how the program should be developed"... "How the filters should work together", "at what time (trigger) that filter is to be used".
                  I wrote this before on LP, and i'll write it again: a program is only as good as to how precise the "client" explains what he wants.
                  A programmer is the one who puts the bricks upon each other, he's not the creator of the math. He only implements it.
                  The architect, thats the one who actually builds the house before there's even one brick on the ground.
                  Give a constructionworker 100 000 bricks, give him tools, give him anything but a plan, and give him a phonecall to tell him to build a house.
                  Do you really think the house will be the one you dreamed of???
                  Then, in the process of working the information, suddenly, out of nowhere "sorry, i can no longer go on with this".
                  One week later: "ok, lets do this"
                  Another week later: "sorry, i can no longer go on with this"
                  Even when i wanted you to have a copy of the program, still in development, so you could see for yourself if it was going the right way, you didn't want it ... pffff Confused
                  Second, some people actually have to make a living during the day, time-budget, you understand?
                  Some of them even have families, and little children that consume a great deal of "free time".
                  Should having a second job be really mentioned also?...
                  Third, it seems some "clients" never are and never will be satisfied.
                  I was not the first programmer with who you wanted to build "The Program", was i now...
                  Btw, see what Tenaj posts, all her hits, over and over again, week after week...
                  She knew what she wanted, so she got what she desired. (see the difference between the architect and the person who actually builds it?)
                  But hey, feel  free to write "if they were better programmers". Thumbs Up
                  I don't see lots of programs out there that predict hits each and every day, do you? Skeptical
                  Surely, much more advanced programmers than myself must have tried it.
                  So hey, yeah, if i were a better programmer.... djeez... that has nothing to do with it.
                  Matter of fact is that even you don't know how "your" filters should work together and when some filters must be excluded in the prediction.
                  So tell me, how in heavens name do you expect a programmer to know that? He must write the decisionmakers, but if no decisionmakers were ever communicated, does he have to use magic or so to find out?
                  Write it down, here at LP, for everyone to see. Write down the blueprint for The Perfect Prediction Software.
                  Write down, logically, how filters should work together. And, perhaps even more important, when one filter should tell another filter to lay back for a day, take a day of at the beach and get some tan, "services not needed today".
                  Believe me, there are dozens of programmers around here. They will jump on it and "build" the perfect software in a matter of weeks if not in days.
                  Then again, with so many perfect filters and so many useless programmers out there, i'd do it all by hand and hit straight after straight, each and every day, laughing at those "what a bunch of louzy programmers" when on my way to the bank, putting those thousands of dollars in my bankaccount day after day.
                  Whatever... perhaps it is time for you to learn a programming language. For fast development i would recommend MS Access. Shouldn't take you more than 6 months to get the hold of it, in deep. Perhaps, if you spend some of them straight hits that you'll be having all the time, you can even have a MS certified developer teaching you the "tips & tricks", the inside, you know. (maybe even Bill Gates himself!!!) Also, check out www.experts-exchange.com, lots of info there. (btw, if you would stumble upon my nickname there, just that you should know, i was in the top 5 of experts in 2002, but don't seem to have the time anymore now to help other people out there. As one can guess, there must then be a world of bad all the way to terrible programmers, playing "can i somehow help you today, free of charge" at the experts-exchange community)

Good day and good luck.

Ricky

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: December 17, 2005, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Todd no problem.

Paurths

Let's forgive and forget.

And good luck to you also.

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: December 17, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

The odds on straight pick 3 are 1000 to 1.

If you eliminate or filter out digits per or by position (it does not have to be the same digit for all 3 positions), your odds are:

729 or 9X9x9=729 if 1 digits by position

512 = 8x8x8, if 2 digits by position

343 = 7x7x7, if 3 digits by position

216 = 6x6x6, if 4 digits by position

125 straight combos, 5x5x5=125. If 5 digits by position.

As I said, for straight playing they don't have to be the same digits that are filtered out or eliminated by position.

If you can eliminate at least 2 digits by position for all 3 positions, then you would be about with even odds for state lottery playing and way ahead for online playing.

If you filter out 3 or more digits by position then there is a profit no matter who you play with and a good profit playing online.

At least 3 digits by position should be eliminated to take some money back from the state's and online lotteries.

5 or more digits would be perfect.

5 to 6 digits eliminated by position and then other filters used to reduce the straight combos even more.

4x4x4=64 straight combos.

Much better than what BowlDog wanted to do.

But eliminating 6 digits per position, might maybe be pushing it too much.

3 to 5 digits (not the same digits per position) might be with-in my means to do.

3 digits seems to be with-in easy means, 4 to 5 might be too, right now I am checking out 4 new special workouts that just might let me do it, either 1 of them or more combined, every one of those 4 workouts seems to have the potential to eliminate or filter out from 1 to 3 or maybe even 5 digits by position, of course using more than 1 of those workouts might also give duplicate digits to eliminate by position, that is possible even using just 1 of the workouts.

Of course, there is a greater risk of failure or of filtering out the winning number the more of those workouts that are used at the same time and also this is true of just anyone or each of the workouts if they are used to filter out too many digits by position, I have to find a good balance between the use of them.

This 4 workouts are new to me, I had never before tried anything like them.

They came about due to my work on the Tao of Filters tutorial and mostly on the Hot-Cold filter works.

I knew that I would get more good ideas if I did the tutorial and I was right.

But I was not expecting something this good, as most of my pick 3 filter workouts have always been for any-order or box filtering.

This just gave me an idea, I can try to change at least 1 of the workouts for boxed filtering, but I know that that would be more risky than using them for straight digit filtering due to the nature of the workouts.

All that I can dare to tell you all without giving too much info away is that they are maybe a new (new to me anyway) kind of digit tracking workouts.

It can be done by hand without software as I am right now doing it, software would of course make it much easier to do.

But I am not about to give to anybody the workouts' details, I can very well do without any more lottery programs, the workouts are not that hard to do by hand.

As to having a program do automatic pick 3 filtering with many of my filters, yes, it can be done, I do have easy rules by which I apply or use the filters, they can be duplicated by a lottery program.

I don't just use filters and hope that they work, I study them more or less well before-hand in accord to the state's past draws, to see how often or well they might work in the average, and in which way it might be best to use them like.

I just wanted to give you all some more possible filtering ideas that you can try to develop by yourself.

Good luck.

I suggest to start with some kind(s) of tracking and then try first 1 digit per position (maybe not the same digit for all 3 positions) and then work it up from there.