Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:15 pm
You last visited November 24, 2014, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Numbers that have never hit?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by paurths.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #28644
December 20, 2005
13 Posts
Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:37 am - IP Logged

Whats the theory on playing numbers(pick3) that have never hit (straight) say in a 5 year period?are the odds higher than numbers that have hit?this should be interesting,any input appreciated

KyMystikal's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    United States
    Member #8658
    November 13, 2004
    1930 Posts
    Posted: January 14, 2006, 7:48 am - IP Logged

I wish 999 would fall in ky

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
      E-Town,Ky
      United States
      Member #3493
      January 25, 2004
      6348 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2006, 8:45 am - IP Logged

It will be here,soon I think.  

Saleo Paleo    

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
        Member #19043
        July 24, 2005
        7378 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2006, 8:59 am - IP Logged

TypeHello,Since the The Texas Lotto sold it's 1st ticket for pick 3 on Oct 25 1993 the 999 have not hit,so go figure,always a favorite number to play for me,seems like they play it in every state but Texas(shame on Tx)

paurths's avatar - underground
          Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
          Belgium
          Member #19287
          July 29, 2005
          2254 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2006, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Whats the theory on playing numbers(pick3) that have never hit (straight) say in a 5 year period?are the odds higher than numbers that have hit?this should be interesting,any input appreciated

Well, i don't have any theory about it, except that you will most likely have a quick way of throwing away your money.
          Except when there are e.g. 5 numbers within a state that have never hit.
          What you can do is calculate the other states, in which all numbers have hit, and find the averages on when the last 5 missing will probably hit. Another way of testing this is by downloading random numbers from random.org, several files, and check if these averages are pretty much the same for every file.
          I doubt if this would return value's that effectively could be used, b/c you would be playing the 5 numbers each day whenever your state reaches the amount of draws in which one of the 5 will fall (anytime "soon"). You just might have to play them 200 draws or so.
          And even if the averagewindow is only 100 draws, it is still some risk to bet $500 for a $900 return, with big probability that it won't happen....

Hope i typed this in an understandable way....