Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:49 am
You last visited August 1, 2014, 3:46 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball theories

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 8 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Ever had a system that you play for months, it's gold, and as soon as you tell folks, it dies ?

Yes [ 15 ]  [62.50%]
No [ 9 ]  [37.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 24 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2006, 12:43 am - IP Logged

I had some pretty darn good theories in play, I was getting money back on about every game night, I back-tested it for 6 months, it was GOLD, I told a few friends about it/what to look for/how to decide what numbers to play, and the very night I did that, I've won almost nothing since then.  Almost 2 months now.    I can't possibly be alone in this...

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar 3824.gif
    California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    6091 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2006, 2:01 am - IP Logged

Hi guesser,

I'm "guessing" that perhaps you just ran into a dry spell. It's hard to hit consistantly with any system, no matter how good it is. I wouldn't feel too bad, just relax and the numbers will come flowing back to you.

Another thought I'm having is that when you're excited about something you tend to be on edge and sharp, a little tense and caught up in your enthusiasm. You're in the "zone", so to speak. But now that you've let the cat out of the bag to your friends maybe a little of your air was let out of the balloon and you released a lot of your energy when you spilled the beans. Maybe you're just in the process of regrouping that first excitement you had when you found something that worked. It will come back, I'm sure of it! Take Care.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2006, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Guesser:

I believe it's something seems to happen frequently.  I've seen a lot of folks commenting about it during the time I've read threads on LP.  It's been a while since I've noticed such a thread, or blog entry, but I recall quite a number a year or so ago.

Someone, JAP69, I think, or maybe Hypersonic, once commented on his blog it seemed the numbers were 'running away from him'.  When there used to be discussions on the Mystical Forum instead of just predictions and dream interpretations it was among the subjects discussed.

When I used to believe the numbers were random I thought about it considerably..... one thing I theorized was that Chaos Theory was a factor.  That trying to get a handle on them was analogous to trying to measure both speed and position of an electron.  Or the way light particals violate their own rules under some circumstances, but when caught doing it and placed under observation, return to behaving the way they're supposed to.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2006, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Yes, I know dry spells happen, that's part of the randomness of it.

What I was asking is, have you ever had a theory or system that, as soon as you discuss it with someone, it fails ?

It's one thing to discuss a system with someone and have it fail a week or three later, but with me, as soon as I tell someone that a certain scenario cannot or has not happened, it happens.   This is why I made the crack a week ago 'look at the numbers I am playing and play different ones'.  

I know things will change for the better - in fact, that's one of the things I preach: pick your system, numbers, and don't deviate from them, ever. It may take awhile, but they will come back to you, PATIENCE is the most important thing in playing the numbers.  Don't deviate from your theories or you will spend all your life chasing theories as opposed to fitting numbers into your existing theories'.

I deviated from my own theory a month ago and it cost me a pick 5.  

I learned. 

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          967 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2006, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

I thought I had invented a good system a few years ago.

The first week I delivered the bet slips I won a 3rd division and several 4th divisions, the second week I won several 4th divisions and 5th divisions, the 3rd week I won about ten 5th divisons.

Then on the fourth week the dry spell set in and had several weeks without any division wins at all.

After about 15 weeks with the system I had to stop because it would start to lose money. I had to use the money won to pay off some debt so I couldn't spend them on playing the system in the long run. The problem is that you never know when the system is going to hit again, so I have played it once in a while but with no great luck.

This was for the national 7/34 lottery.

I did tell people about my system, but doubt it got anything to do with the dry spell.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2006, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Systems, theories and the pregognative leaps the people on the Mystical Forum love, mightn't be all that different from one another in this respect.

As an example, Colin Wilson writes of a Peter Fairley, science correspondent for (British) Independent Television who covered the Cape Kennedy space launches.  He was temporarily afflicted with blindness, and after his recovery began having precognitive 'flashes', many of which involved horse races.  He bet them and won and won for a while.  The winner-to-be horses seemed to 'jump off the page' of a racing sheet for him.

Describing this phenomenon on a show called, "Halfway to The Moon", he finished by saying, "As soon as I began to think about it and wonder how it worked, tyhe faculty vanished."

There's a striking similarity here between what you described (except that it died as a result of you telling someone), what Hypersonic or Jap69 experienced and mentioned, and what many others, both on the Lottery Systems Forum, and the Mystical Forum have observed.

Don't deviate from your theories or you will spend all your life chasing theories as opposed to fitting numbers into your existing theories'.

Whether we spend our lives chasing theories, or spend them betting on the results of our theories probably carries equal worth in the overall scheme of things.

We're all taking our own roads to Rome.  Some of us might make it, a lot of us will just have to get lost down in Verona or somewhere.

J

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              17741 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2006, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

I've had a few theories about playing the lotteries, even got lucky and won a few bucks once or twice but I never won a jackpot with any of them.  The trouble is I always knew what I should have done after the drawings and doing it later never seem to work.

* you don't need more tickets * 
              * just the right ticket * 
                 Wink 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                8951 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Talking about it evidently violates some mystical law.  

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                  Member #9517
                  December 10, 2004
                  967 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

The meaning of the mystical law is probably: Keep your system secret.

And we probably should, for many different reasons. 

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar 3824.gif
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    6091 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

I tend to agree with this. If you've got something really good maybe you should just keep it to yourself after all. You can be generous in other ways to your friends.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17741 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2006, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

I tend to agree with this. If you've got something really good maybe you should just keep it to yourself after all. You can be generous in other ways to your friends.

What ever happened to the idea of sharing?  Should it be to share but keep the good stuff to yourself.

* you don't need more tickets * 
                      * just the right ticket * 
                         Wink 

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2006, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

The meaning of the mystical law is probably: Keep your system secret.

And we probably should, for many different reasons. 

Mightn't be a mystical or metaphysical law, or even old man Chaos at work.  There's always the Coincidence Coordinators trying to get their two-cents into things and confusing the issue.

Maybe they're hand-in-glove dancing with the lady who mustn't be named.

But if there's a system somewhere in the potential numbers behavior arena that allows a person to predict them, seems to me there's also an awfully good reason for not doing any 'sharing' there is to be done on a forum such as this one.

If it works, and if you 'share it' here, it won't require any Papa Chaos, Lady-Who-Mustn't-Be-Named, Coincidence Coordinators, to squash it like a bug.  Humans who have good reasons for wanting such systems not to succeed will do the job quite nicely without the help of anything mystical, metaphysical or chaotic.

J

Egos don't count.

United States
                          Member #60
                          October 28, 2001
                          455 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2006, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

...However, it did not die and if anything, it has more than been a blessing to many here as well as the members in my Class who I train 6 months out of the year. I call it: Variable-tracs (v-tracs)

lottoscorp...Bat

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2006, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

...However, it did not die and if anything, it has more than been a blessing to many here as well as the members in my Class who I train 6 months out of the year. I call it: Variable-tracs (v-tracs)

lottoscorp...Bat

V-tracs for Powerball?  I suppose it must be so, since the thread-label is 'Powerball Theories'.

I'd only been familiar with v-tracs as a pick 3, pick 4 tool.  The folks using it seem to be doing middling well on the predictions page..... mostly in the 30 percent prize/wager ratio, same as so many other good, but imperfect systems.

J

Egos don't count.

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2006, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

The only reason I discussed my theories with anyone is because I was hoping they could help me refine them, prove or disprove something, or maybe see something I was missing...