Welcome Guest
You last visited December 20, 2014, 3:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Play it again (Tennessee)

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 7 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2007, 3:06 am - IP Logged

I've been putting in all my nonwinning scratch tickets into the database.  The FAQ page said there are to be 3 drawings a year.  The year is half gone and still no drawing.  I'm starting to think that this program isn't going over very well.  I'm guessing there is a quota before they draw.  I guess we'll have to wait and see...  Anyone else in TN doing this?

How are you going to win if you don't play?

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
    nashville
    United States
    Member #49896
    February 18, 2007
    1181 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2007, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I've been putting in all my nonwinning scratch tickets into the database.  The FAQ page said there are to be 3 drawings a year.  The year is half gone and still no drawing.  I'm starting to think that this program isn't going over very well.  I'm guessing there is a quota before they draw.  I guess we'll have to wait and see...  Anyone else in TN doing this?

ive been doing it since the first week it started but i dont know anyone else doing it so maybe if there isnt enough interest they are waiting to have the drawing but you are right it is overdue if they want 3 a year spread out...

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
      nashville
      United States
      Member #49896
      February 18, 2007
      1181 Posts
      Posted: June 18, 2007, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

they announced a drawing date 

NASHVILLE - There’s still time to register for a chance to win one of 12 cash prizes to be given away in the first “Play it Again!” drawing, which will be held Monday, July 9. The event is part of a new program designed to help the environment while giving Tennessee Lottery players a second chance to win prizes from non-winning instant tickets.

“This is the first program of its kind in the country, and we’re especially excited about this kick-off drawing,” said Rebecca Paul Hargrove. “We’ve had incredible participation and look forward to the evolution of Play it Again!”

Each drawing for Play it Again! will be different. Details about the first drawing are as follows:
      •One prize of $20,000 will be drawn from all “Hearts are Wild” ticket entries.
      •One prize of $10,000 will be drawn from all “Junior Jumbo Bucks” ticket entries.
      •Ten entries will be drawn from a pool of all tickets submitted and each will receive $1,000.
      •Deadline for eligible entries will be midnight, Sunday, July 8. Any entry received after the deadline will be entered into the next drawing for which it is qualified.
      •Winners will be posted on the Play it Again! website following the drawing and will be notified by the Tennessee Lottery using contact information provided during program registration.

To “Play it Again,” players simply register non-winning instant tickets via the internet (www.tnlottery.com. Then click on the Play it Again! icon … and that’s all there is to it—no need for postage, envelopes, or even to keep the ticket. Once the ticket is registered, the Lottery asks players to dispose of tickets properly. For added convenience, players may register at one of the Lottery’s five district offices in Chattanooga, Johnson City, Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville.

North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I've got about 1000 entries in right now.  I have about 500 more to go.  I hope to have them all in before the drawing. 

sexyt's avatar - flower2
          nassau bahamas
          Bahamas
          Member #22959
          October 5, 2005
          28 Posts
          Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

i want  to  know  if  u  have  anyway  of  knowing  what  comes  in  pick 3and  4 in  iowa  at  9:20PM  TONITE  CAN  U POST THEM  FOR  ME  RIGHT  AWAY  PLEASE  I  WOULD  APPRECIATE  THAT  THANK  U    NEEDS  TO  KNOW.....

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
            nashville
            United States
            Member #49896
            February 18, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: June 19, 2007, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

i want  to  know  if  u  have  anyway  of  knowing  what  comes  in  pick 3and  4 in  iowa  at  9:20PM  TONITE  CAN  U POST THEM  FOR  ME  RIGHT  AWAY  PLEASE  I  WOULD  APPRECIATE  THAT  THANK  U    NEEDS  TO  KNOW.....

if you use the search feature here it is really great for any question you may have about the site and you can see predictions for all the states here too...

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: June 19, 2007, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

I've got about 1000 entries in right now.  I have about 500 more to go.  I hope to have them all in before the drawing. 

i didnt count my entries but it was a lot so if you have any junior jumbos make sure you get those in first and also the hearts are wild get those in first out of your remaining 500 so you will have as many shots at the two top tier prizes as you can. i dont think ill get all of my regular jumbos entered in time but ill just have them for the next drawing they have since i guess they will have two more this year according to the website but that was posted awhile ago...

United States
                Member #51688
                April 19, 2007
                200 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2007, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

don't  know  if  Tenn.  has  a  quota  but  N.Y.  does  its  a  78% loss  written  in  the  laws  that  govern  the  lotter;I n  other words  the  lotter  can  sell  up  too  78% losing  tickets and  still  be  legal ;

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

don't  know  if  Tenn.  has  a  quota  but  N.Y.  does  its  a  78% loss  written  in  the  laws  that  govern  the  lotter;I n  other words  the  lotter  can  sell  up  too  78% losing  tickets and  still  be  legal ;

i need to do some research to see if tennessee has that quota because i have seen people buy entire books of $2 jumbo bucks and only get free tickets and maybe one $50 winner. im still entering my losing tickets into the drawing so ill know next monday if i won

United States
                    Member #51688
                    April 19, 2007
                    200 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2007, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

i need to do some research to see if tennessee has that quota because i have seen people buy entire books of $2 jumbo bucks and only get free tickets and maybe one $50 winner. im still entering my losing tickets into the drawing so ill know next monday if i won

I  found  the  ny  informaton  under  ny  regulations  ,  and  it  was  connected  to  the  governors  office  rules or  state  comptrollier ;

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: July 9, 2007, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

i hope you got your other 500 in before midnight last night tnplayer805. today is the big day they announce the winners. i got in all of my junior jumbo bucks so i keep checking the website for the winners they didnt say what time they will put them up....Party

North Dakota
                        United States
                        Member #13397
                        April 5, 2005
                        1623 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2007, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

Darn!!!  Not a winner this time!  However, I'm not giving up.  This is a neat little game.  I plan on playing until I have to go back to Mobile for Classes this fall.  Good luck TNlotto1 and the rest of you who played.  If you didn't win this time there's always next time right? 

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                          nashville
                          United States
                          Member #49896
                          February 18, 2007
                          1181 Posts
                          Posted: July 10, 2007, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Darn!!!  Not a winner this time!  However, I'm not giving up.  This is a neat little game.  I plan on playing until I have to go back to Mobile for Classes this fall.  Good luck TNlotto1 and the rest of you who played.  If you didn't win this time there's always next time right? 

i didnt win either but i dont know if i will enter like last time because i entered tickets for months so this time i wont enter as many or maybe none at all because it took alot of time to do it wasnt like buying scratch offs or going in and buying quick picks it took a while to enter a total of 22 numbers for every single entry off of the old scratch offs so i have to think about if this contest is worth my time and money before the next drawing but good luck tnplayer805 before you have to head back to alabama...