Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:28 am
You last visited July 25, 2014, 8:26 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are there any HAPPY *big* lotto winner's stories?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 7 years ago by wecndo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #54371
August 16, 2007
9 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2007, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

All I hear about are the extremely sad ones, but almost never any happy ones.  I have heard about Brad Duke, and the children's cemetary woman but no other good ones besides.

Do you know any?  No Nod

If so, PLEASE post! 

Thanks!  Big Smile

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5583 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2007, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

There are many more happy winners than sad ones. The reason is that the happy ones aren't news worthy. There's not much entertainment involving people who are just living normal lives, and buying expensive toys. That's not how the media vultures work. They prefer dirty laundry.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2007, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

You got that right !

That's why all we see on TV is Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Lohan, and all the others that are in trouble.

You never hear about anyone 'clean' because there is no 'news' there.

Same goes for Lottery winners.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11334 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2007, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

the media usually only cares about hard luck stories.which means most people usually get their kicks hearing bad news.most people have no desire to hear about good stories because they are boring.if jack whittaker wrote a book right now he would top the new york times best sellers list.there would be a line of people waiting to hear all his dirty laundery.my gosh the overspending,the overdoses,the accusations,the stolen money,the churches who got tithed ten percent,the biscuit place where he bought his ticket,etc.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11334 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2007, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

sorry i forgot the orginal question but if there is a happy story these are usually the ones who are very quiet and content.you'll hear nothing about them because everything is going smooth and perfect which is most lottery winners.you only hear about the ten percent who go broke,do drugs,get diseases or kill somebody but most are happy and content.

United States
            Member #54390
            August 17, 2007
            313 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2007, 2:48 am - IP Logged

All of the happy lotto winners are the ones who kept quiet.

All of the blabber mouths usually have the worst stories.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2007, 10:46 am - IP Logged

sorry i forgot the orginal question but if there is a happy story these are usually the ones who are very quiet and content.you'll hear nothing about them because everything is going smooth and perfect which is most lottery winners.you only hear about the ten percent who go broke,do drugs,get diseases or kill somebody but most are happy and content.

I Agree!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                8919 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

All I hear about are the extremely sad ones, but almost never any happy ones.  I have heard about Brad Duke, and the children's cemetary woman but no other good ones besides.

Do you know any?  No Nod

If so, PLEASE post! 

Thanks!  Big Smile

wecndo

On one of the lottery documentaries one of the winners interviewed was a guy in his 20s.He talked about him bad his wife wanted himto get out of the Navy, and he did - I forget if he hit the jackpot while still in or right after he got out.

He was one of the smartest winners I've ever seen interviewed- he was talking about being young and suddenly having all this money- and looking at really expensive cars and thinking, "I could buy that if I wanted to. But you know what, I'm not going to. Just knowing I could is good enough for me."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #54371
                  August 16, 2007
                  9 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2007, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!