Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:09 pm
You last visited November 23, 2014, 11:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 3 : When is the system "Beat"?

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 7 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

When can a pick 3 system be considered good?

When it backtests hits to cover the bets [ 10 ]  [19.61%]
when a certain percentage of picks are hits [ 11 ]  [21.57%]
having a short gap between hits [ 19 ]  [37.25%]
Other (explain please ;-) ) [ 11 ]  [21.57%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2444 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2007, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

This would be for a pick 3 system that shoots for straights, produces only one number for each draw.

Is it more important to have short gaps between hits, to beat history, or to have a certain % of hits vs. draws?

My current LRS has the following stats (against PA pick3 evening)...

51 straight hits in 10,500+ draws (less than half a percent)

returned 15,000 in addition to covering the 10,500 to play (on paper)

Has gaps as short as 1 month and as long as 2 and 1/2 years between straight hits. (not counting boxes)

I'm trying to determine if it's worth refining this system or just starting fresh with a completely new system...

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
    Charlotte NC
    United States
    Member #17406
    June 18, 2005
    4036 Posts
    Posted: September 11, 2007, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

I voted other.  When you hit 4-5 times a week straight Bananaand making $1000 a week profit.

takeemtothebank

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      2918 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2007, 12:42 am - IP Logged

This would be for a pick 3 system that shoots for straights, produces only one number for each draw.

Is it more important to have short gaps between hits, to beat history, or to have a certain % of hits vs. draws?

Has gaps as short as 1 month and as long as 2 and 1/2 years between straight hits. (not counting boxes)

I'm trying to determine if it's worth refining this system or just starting fresh with a completely new system...

To be any "fun" a system has to be playable from the user's point of view.  Few will be willing to wait out more then a couple of months without a hit even after a hit.  A really good system is one worth putting more then a dollar on its number.  BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2007, 3:14 am - IP Logged

There are 1000 straight numbers so each of them is 0.1% and so there-fore if you would play one of them as a quick pick you would have 0.1% of winning with it, if with your system you are getting more than that then you are doing O.K, I guess.

As there are 1000 numbers, at 1 win per 1000 plays (Numbers) you should only get 10.5 wins out of 10,500 and you are getting 51 wins, to me that seems to be 0.4857% when you should be getting only 0.1% if buying 1 quick pick per each draw for 10,500 draws.

I don't know anything about Math, so I might be wrong.

I am not talking about making a profit, just about doing better than by "Random" chance. You are doing that.

------------

Now about a profit:

51 wins times $500 = $25,500 and you tested for 10,500 that would had been $10,500 so you would had made:

$25,500 - $10,500 = $15,000. Not too bad.

As I said, I don't know anything about Math, so I might be wrong.

---------

Of course, it would take a very long time to make that profit, but at $1 per draw there should be no complaints.

---------

Maybe try doing both, refine that one and also start another one.

------- 

I would need at least 1 win per year, a gap of 2 1/2 years is a little too much. 

Good luck. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LaFollette, TN
          United States
          Member #54790
          August 29, 2007
          24 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2007, 4:49 am - IP Logged

A system is "Beat" when you use MY system! :)

My computer is a #2 pencil and a sheet of paper.  It takes me UNDER 5-minutes to figure out my numbers.

Though it DOES NOT happen on a regular basis, I've hit the TN Cash 3 game every draw in the past 2 days.  (Mon & Tue, Mid and Evening.)

I AVERAGE a win every 4-5 days. No high level math, no "sums", no +/- BS.  Write 'em down, add 'em up, and WIN.

Since you're not allowed to post your website or blog info unless it's hosted here, can't tell you what I'm doing.

Pete
          Playing the lotto is fun!  Winning is "funner".

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #1340
            April 6, 2003
            2444 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2007, 5:44 am - IP Logged

The next system would be a set of transforms based on the LRS as the key number. would mean playing more than one number, but should close up the gaps somewhat...

I just hate playing more than one number... even on paper.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #1303
              March 27, 2003
              1508 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2007, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I voted "other".  The system has to be  showing a profit over a year's time.  Having said that, it also has to be one that a player will not drop because it has (the potential) to go months without a hit.  People (I think likely all of us) simply start to bail when the method you're using "isn't working", even if you know it will eventually.  It's the "eventually" that starts to make us want to bail.  It's one thing if one is playing off the LC's money.  Entirely another if one is playing and losing out of pocket.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2007, 7:04 am - IP Logged

A system is "Beat" when you use MY system! :)

My computer is a #2 pencil and a sheet of paper.  It takes me UNDER 5-minutes to figure out my numbers.

Though it DOES NOT happen on a regular basis, I've hit the TN Cash 3 game every draw in the past 2 days.  (Mon & Tue, Mid and Evening.)

I AVERAGE a win every 4-5 days. No high level math, no "sums", no +/- BS.  Write 'em down, add 'em up, and WIN.

Since you're not allowed to post your website or blog info unless it's hosted here, can't tell you what I'm doing.

Pete
                Playing the lotto is fun!  Winning is "funner".

Just put your numbers up on the Prediction Board, or even in a post. Talk is cheap. No personal offense meant, but we get posts like yours above all the time from new members.  Never once has it ever been borne out to be true when the poster is required to post his predictions.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                  Carters Lake, Ga.
                  United States
                  Member #5313
                  June 29, 2004
                  1065 Posts
                  Posted: September 12, 2007, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Is my math wrong or does it take 28.76 years to make that profit?

Would that mean iy makes $521.55 a year?

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10460 Posts
                    Posted: September 12, 2007, 9:31 am - IP Logged

"You can take the girl outa' the country..... but you will never take the country outa' the girl." 

You will never take the "gamble out of gambling"  either. 

If you do ....... it won't be gambling anymore.  No one will cover the bet then.

The End. 

The best you will ever get is about a 50/50 chance

Anymore than that .... they will take their ball ....and go home.   Sulk Off

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                      Stone Mountain*Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #828
                      November 2, 2002
                      10460 Posts
                      Posted: September 12, 2007, 10:04 am - IP Logged

Scan the US and Canada for 50/50 odds situations that have perverted themselves .....when you find this kind of proposition jump on.

Mostly/All Even    Mostly/All Odd

Mostly/All High    Mostly/All LOW        50/50 chance bets 

Mostly/All IN      Mostly/All OUT     

Find one of these 50/50 bet situations that has gone 9 or 10 times in a row in one of the Games going on right now then LOAD UP ......and wait. 

Win within 2 draws ...99% of the time.  I Agree!

Win d    

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                        Carters Lake, Ga.
                        United States
                        Member #5313
                        June 29, 2004
                        1065 Posts
                        Posted: September 12, 2007, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Scan the US and Canada for 50/50 odds situations that have perverted themselves .....when you find this kind of proposition jump on.

Mostly/All Even    Mostly/All Odd

Mostly/All High    Mostly/All LOW        50/50 chance bets 

Mostly/All IN      Mostly/All OUT     

Find one of these 50/50 bet situations that has gone 9 or 10 times in a row in one of the Games going on right now then LOAD UP ......and wait. 

Win within 2 draws ...99% of the time.  I Agree!

I Agree!    with Windy,

What was it you used to call me ?  The gunslinger?

eat a big meal,  fill the gas tank,  pay the bills,  Then Gamble.

PS ( it doesn't hurt to give your honey a few $$$)

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                          Stone Mountain*Georgia
                          United States
                          Member #828
                          November 2, 2002
                          10460 Posts
                          Posted: September 12, 2007, 10:27 am - IP Logged

I Agree!    with Windy,

What was it you used to call me ?  The gunslinger?

eat a big meal,  fill the gas tank,  pay the bills,  Then Gamble.

PS ( it doesn't hurt to give your honey a few $$$)

ez

LOL..... That is right Mr "G"

There is going to be a bright ....talented ...creative person that will program some great software that will do this automatically ....  It will scan the US and Canada looking for these 50/50 situations that are about to cross the line.  They will pop up on our screens... we will load up....and win.

Unfortunately for us......  the on line folks will also be among the first to buy this software....and then they will close out those bets .....just like the STATE GAMES do now when the betting on Trips gets too HOT for them to handle.

It is so obvious .... why do these things take so long?  Hmmm ......  maybe it's going on right now. Perhaps in a small way...just under the radar. Naughty   

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            18020 Posts
                            Posted: September 12, 2007, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

To be any "fun" a system has to be playable from the user's point of view.  Few will be willing to wait out more then a couple of months without a hit even after a hit.  A really good system is one worth putting more then a dollar on its number.  BobP

Everyone is looking for some sort of edge, some small advantage that will allow them an easier path to a win but so far unless they're lucky it's only a dream.  For most players, one dollars gets them the same results as ten or more 90% of the time.  It may not be as much fun to spend only one dollar and lose but it more fun than spending ten or more and getting the same results.  No one likes waiting for a hit, but what other choice is available?  For some, simply spending more money is not an option.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                            * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                                 Wink 

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                              Stone Mountain*Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #828
                              November 2, 2002
                              10460 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2007, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

I feel like ..... a ghost!  White Bounce

Hello...... Hello....... anyone ..... anyone.....                 Beuler ...Beuler

Find a 50/50 proposition bet...... any 50/50 bet......  wait until it goes 9 times in a row then bet it the other way. Be preparred to bet it at least one more day. Then stop.  

You will win.....most of the time at a profit.   

At least play in that Half of the POOL...... your chances over there are a lot better.

"Odds don't change ......but the probabilities do."

Win d

Win d