Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:04 pm
You last visited September 20, 2014, 8:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 7 years ago by benmas.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2010 Posts
Posted: November 10, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged
MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE IS BACK!
Drawing Date: 12/29/07

The Pennsylvania Lottery will award 8,000 total prizes worth more than $6.4 million in its Dec. 29, 2007, Millionaire Raffle, making this the largest Millionaire Raffle to date. Five top prizes of $1 million cash; five prizes of $100,000 cash; 200 prizes of $1,000 cash; and 7,790 prizes of $100 cash will be awarded.

Each of the game’s $20 tickets offers a 1-in-125,000 chance of winning $1 million – the best odds ever offered by the Pennsylvania Lottery for winning a $1 million prize.

Players have the opportunity to win at four different prize levels by exactly matching their ticket numbers to those drawn by the Pennsylvania Lottery

Tickets go on sale Nov. 9, 2007, and remain on sale until 5 p.m. Dec. 29, 2007 – the night of the drawing – or until all 625,000 tickets are sold, whichever occurs first.

ABOUT MILLIONAIRE RAFFLE:

Only 625,000 tickets will be available for purchase.  Each Raffle ticket will contain a unique, eight-digit Raffle number issued sequentially across Pennsylvania from the Lottery’s central computer, starting with Raffle number 00000001.  The last Raffle ticket issued for the game will be the Raffle number 00625000.  When the last Raffle number is issued, the game will close and no additional tickets will be available for purchase.

• All plays are quick-picked.  (Players cannot select their own numbers.)
  • Cost is $20 per ticket.
  • Raffle tickets cannot be canceled.
ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE

PRIZE LEVELS

NUMBER   

OF PRIZES

PRIZE

ODDS

$1,000,000

1:125,000

TOP PRIZE

SECOND PRIZE

$100,000

1:125,000

THIRD PRIZE

$1,000

1:3125,

FOURTH PRIZE

$100

1:80,

TOTALS

$6,479,000

1:78,

PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2010 Posts
    Posted: November 10, 2007, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I might think about it. I like the added amounts for $100. Although having the same odds for a million and one hundred thousand is kind of dumb.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
      CA
      United States
      Member #2987
      December 10, 2003
      832 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2007, 9:53 am - IP Logged

That's pretty straightforward and one of the clearest payout charts for any state-owned lottery game I've ever seen. PA expects to take in $12.5M and pay out $6,479,000. Payout percentage is 51.832%.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        5438 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2007, 11:20 am - IP Logged

I might think about it. I like the added amounts for $100. Although having the same odds for a million and one hundred thousand is kind of dumb.

The Ohio Lottery is having a New Years raffle but hasn't posted the details yet. I'll probably have a ticket in both raffles.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9059 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2007, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

From the OP:

Tickets go on sale Nov. 9, 2007, and remain on sale until 5 p.m. Dec. 29, 2007 – the night of the drawing – or until all 625,000 tickets are sold, whichever occurs first.

If not all 625,000 tickets have been sold by the close of ticket sales date it would be very intersting to see how many of the $1,000,000 serial numbers fall into the not-sold category.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
            Member #50124
            February 26, 2007
            601 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

From the OP:

If not all 625,000 tickets have been sold by the close of ticket sales date it would be very intersting to see how many of the $1,000,000 serial numbers fall into the not-sold category.  

It's my impression that with a raffle, all prizes are guaranteed to be given away even if all tickets are not sold.  The one that started in Idaho today says that winning raffle numbers will be drawn from tickets sold.  They're selling the tickets sequentially, you can't choose your ticket number.  So if they only sell 200,000 out of the 250,000 tickets available in Idaho's raffle, they'll choose the winning numbers out of tickets #1 thru #200,000.

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              9059 Posts
              Posted: November 11, 2007, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully it works like that. From a lot of stuff we've learned on this board though, I don't think anyone could guarantee that an Indiana or Tennessee raffle would work that way. 

I do wonder if a state presented a raffle that feel far short of expected sales, and the winners were only drawn from sold tickets, if they'd conduct another raffle.  

As johnph77 stated:

PA expects to take in $12.5M and pay out $6,479,000. Payout percentage is 51.832%.

So I'm thinking of sale fell really short that the state might draw the winners from the sold numbers but wouldn't do it again if that 51.8% payout (i.e. 48.2% take couldn't be guaranteed).  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                5438 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2007, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Hopefully it works like that. From a lot of stuff we've learned on this board though, I don't think anyone could guarantee that an Indiana or Tennessee raffle would work that way. 

I do wonder if a state presented a raffle that feel far short of expected sales, and the winners were only drawn from sold tickets, if they'd conduct another raffle.  

As johnph77 stated:

PA expects to take in $12.5M and pay out $6,479,000. Payout percentage is 51.832%.

So I'm thinking of sale fell really short that the state might draw the winners from the sold numbers but wouldn't do it again if that 51.8% payout (i.e. 48.2% take couldn't be guaranteed).  

If ticket sales were way under 300,000 a week before the drawing, they might extend it but based on past raffle sales, selling most of the tickets shouldn't be a problem. I believe that Kentucky had to extend the drawing date because sales hadn't reached the break-even point. Ohio and New Jersey didn't sellout but held their drawings on the advertised date with the advertised payouts.

"I don't think anyone could guarantee that an Indiana or Tennessee raffle would work that way."

Do you think anybody would buy Indiana or Tennessee raffle tickets?

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  9059 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2007, 2:19 am - IP Logged

"Do you think anybody would buy Indiana or Tennessee raffle tickets?"

Unfortunately, yes.  

Lottery ales should have dried up in both states, but they haven't. Speaks volumes. 

Lep

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2010 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2007, 3:46 am - IP Logged

I think I contacted PA about the raffle before in regards to tickets sold. I believe they said that the payouts would still be the same regardless. Too bad they do not only sell 5 tickets. :)

TheGameGrl's avatar - necros
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      3116 Posts
                      Posted: November 13, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks SirBrad for the reminder of this ticket raffle. Every year I curse myself for giving in, yet forever holding out the HOPE that I could have a winning ticket. With my losing streak in the highest of gear lately, I best hold off on buying one. Any idea how its sales are going? (meaning did you buy one yet?)

One of the state raffles had a ticker on its site to even let someone know how the daily sales were going. Wish PA would do that, sorta entice people to buy!

Signature quote-If I'd agree with you , we'd both be wrong.

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2010 Posts
                        Posted: November 13, 2007, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Yeah PA usually just puts up "less than 50,000 remain!" I wish they would put up the actual number every second someone buys one. I did not get one yet, probably December I will around the first week. I hate losing these expensive raffles, but the odds are also very good for a million and the other prizes.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          4638 Posts
                          Posted: November 24, 2007, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Yeah PA usually just puts up "less than 50,000 remain!" I wish they would put up the actual number every second someone buys one. I did not get one yet, probably December I will around the first week. I hate losing these expensive raffles, but the odds are also very good for a million and the other prizes.

I wished Idaho would at least put "50,000 remain" or something like that on their website. It would be nice to see where the sales are without having to buy a ticket. 

TheGameGrl's avatar - necros
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #17084
                            June 10, 2005
                            3116 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

okay Sirbrad, I done got my ticket (s).  As of noon time today the ticket count was at 210,982 (my raffle number comes somewhere before that). So Lets hope sales improve and sell out in time for the target date of Dec 29th :)  I dont have the gut feeling these are winners , just gonna rely on faith that I hit for some moola! Good luck to those that bought a ticket.!

Signature quote-If I'd agree with you , we'd both be wrong.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              4619 Posts
                              Posted: November 30, 2007, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

OH>>>>>>YEAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa>>>>>>>>what about the QUICK-PICK aspect's

of this GAME?????????????????????????????????????????????????

When a PSYKO out their several year's ago was winn'n with QP's

they DOCTOR'''''''''''RED xxxxxxxxxxxxxtheir computer's and later^^

changed the odds of a PAYOFF unless YOU spent millions to WIN!!

CAN U TRUST these CLOWN's ?????

LOL<<<<<<<<<<<<