Welcome Guest
You last visited December 18, 2014, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Pick/Machine Pick

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Guru101.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Have these hit before?

Yes [ 18 ]  [94.74%]
No [ 1 ]  [5.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 19 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Hampton, VA
United States
Member #58741
February 24, 2008
4 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2008, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone ever heard of anyone winning a prize via quick pick or the like? I.e. through the official random generators on the machines?

cadmill12's avatar - praying hands.jpg
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #48262
    December 18, 2006
    36 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2008, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone ever heard of anyone winning a prize via quick pick or the like? I.e. through the official random generators on the machines?

I don't like to pick out numbers because if my numbers come out and I didn't play them I would be sick to my stomach.

I PLAY TAKE5  QP AND TWICE I GOT 4 NUMBERS OFF A FREE PLAY.Hurray!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - 61A4sr9 jpg?1
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      4754 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2008, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Something like 80% of winners are people who won by playing the terminals quick picks.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2008, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Something like 80% of winners are people who won by playing the terminals quick picks.

I've also seen statistics saying it's an almost 50/50 split. It all correlates with how people pick their numbers, win or lose.

(insert signature here)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4458 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2008, 12:29 am - IP Logged

I don't like to pick out numbers because if my numbers come out and I didn't play them I would be sick to my stomach.

Thanks for admitting this. Same here.   Believe me, it's a terrible feeling.   

Congrats on your 4 numbers!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            9212 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2008, 1:33 am - IP Logged

JimmySand9,

Who's stats, a system seller?

Most lottery sources say 70 to 80% of sales are quick picks, and 70 to 80% of winners are quick picks.

From the Powerball FAQ:

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?

About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80%of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weirdcoincidences?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              5648 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2008, 4:49 am - IP Logged

One of the advantages of only playing QPs is that you can skip drawings and have nothing to check to see "if" you would have won had you played.

When people play pet numbers in the pick-3 and they don't hit, that number becomes overdue and they "must" keep playing it. Not very many people play pick-3 QPs so many people get sick to their stomachs when they change their numbers or quit playing.

Maybe that's why they sell lots of Pepto.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5583 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2008, 7:56 am - IP Logged

What does this have anything to do with smoked almonds...What?

I don't get it.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  5648 Posts
                  Posted: February 25, 2008, 8:19 am - IP Logged

What does this have anything to do with smoked almonds...What?

I don't get it.

We could start an opposite poll asking if anybody heard of somebody not winning any prize in a pick-5 game after buying 100 QPs.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    5648 Posts
                    Posted: February 25, 2008, 8:34 am - IP Logged

In most pick-5 games matching 2 out of 5 wins a prize even if it's a free ticket. The overall odds of winning any prize is around 1 in 10 so lots of people win prizes using QPs.

The overall odds of winning any prize is higher in Powerball (1 in 36) and Mega Millions (1 in 40) and there is statistic going around that says 80% of tickets sold are QPs. Assuming that is true, there were 2.2 million Quick Picks in last Fridays Mega Millions drawing that won a prize.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2008, 10:03 am - IP Logged

People don't get the fact it's not because the machine picks winners better than self select. They think that 80 percent is proof.

I always thought that it was because of 80 percent period.

Hits will come no matter what method anyone uses, as long as it's 80 percent....Green laugh

HELLO !

(Those lucky machines....ROFL)

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                        Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #48725
                        January 7, 2007
                        1841 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

People don't get the fact it's not because the machine picks winners better than self select. They think that 80 percent is proof.

I always thought that it was because of 80 percent period.

Hits will come no matter what method anyone uses, as long as it's 80 percent....Green laugh

HELLO !

(Those lucky machines....ROFL)

I Agree!

Just because 80% of jackpot winners happen to be quick picks, it isn't proof quick picks are better. Quick picks are a quick and convenient way to give players that shot in the dark to win millions.

Gonna win.Big Smile