Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:32 am
You last visited November 21, 2014, 11:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Ever Happened to Brad Duke?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 7 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2008, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Brad Duke won 230 or 232 PB a couple years back and wanted to invest to become a billionaire.  Did he become a billionaire or did he invest and increase his millions?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4458 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Maybe he finally realized that putting his face in the newspaper announcing he was going to become a billionaire wasn't very wise and is now keeping a low profile.  What about Bunky?  Maybe he found out that being so open about his winning spell would get him into some double, double, toil and trouble. 

Smiley

hearsetrax's avatar - 78638c467ef281febf24383e126f74b6

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      1916 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2008, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Roll Eyes I tink its safe to say ....... that  they R probably both in some hidey hole kicking themselves for making such boasts and noise b4 claiming thar prizes

buried treasure

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
        Member #4121
        March 23, 2004
        799 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2008, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Brad Duke won 230 or 232 PB a couple years back and wanted to invest to become a billionaire.  Did he become a billionaire or did he invest and increase his millions?

Hiding?  Most likely enjoying his millions.  Party

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2008, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I found this  (partial) Brad Duke article a while back from 03/01/07

"What happened to your job at Golds Gym?"

"I still teach a spinning class there twice a week. I took some time off after the whole thing because everybody had investment opportunities that were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and there were 100 of them every day. So I had to get out of there for a while, but when I went back, the people I'd been teaching for the last 8 years were still the same people, and I was still the same instructor.

I wanted to make the most of the opportunity that was given to me, so I put together a team with the intent to reach and maintain a $1 billion status over a particular period of time. I wanted to do it in 10 years, which I knew was aggressive. My team talked me into looking at 15 years. But it looks like we're on track for 12 years. When you do something like that, the more you become worth, the quicker your growth curve is. My total net worth right now is at an unofficial value of $128 to $130 million. We've done very well for the first year and a half...."

United States
            Member #4121
            March 23, 2004
            799 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2008, 10:18 am - IP Logged

"I still teach a spinning class there twice a week. I took some time off after the whole thing because everybody had investment opportunities that were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and there were 100 of them every day. So I had to get out of there for a while, but when I went back, the people I'd been teaching for the last 8 years were still the same people, and I was still the same instructor.

I wanted to make the most of the opportunity that was given to me, so I put together a team with the intent to reach and maintain a $1 billion status over a particular period of time. I wanted to do it in 10 years, which I knew was aggressive. My team talked me into looking at 15 years. But it looks like we're on track for 12 years. When you do something like that, the more you become worth, the quicker your growth curve is. My total net worth right now is at an unofficial value of $128 to $130 million. We've done very well for the first year and a half...."

I hope he didn't put his money into real estate in 2005, 2006, or 2007.  He would have lost a bundle. 

fwlawrence's avatar - Yavill
              Austin
              United States
              Member #9378
              December 6, 2004
              196 Posts
              Posted: March 11, 2008, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I don't think he is anywhere  close to being a billionaire.  Even if he started out with 200 million he would still need to get a 400% return on his money in such a short period of time.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - 61A4sr9 jpg?1

United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                4716 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2008, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I think he has a ways to go before becoming a billionaire.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2008, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I think he has a ways to go before becoming a billionaire.

Thats for sure

What does he want with all that money?  If everything (or at least some) of what we read about him is true, he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would need that kind of money.  He just sits on it anyway.  He doesnt even have extravagant purchases ( thank goodness)  120 or 130 million would last him 2 lifetimes at the rate he  seems to spend; Even with the family trust.  And he has already shown that he can't be manipulated by the "investment" sheisters.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                    mn
                    United States
                    Member #59040
                    March 4, 2008
                    276 Posts
                    Posted: March 11, 2008, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

I hope he didn't put his money into real estate in 2005, 2006, or 2007.  He would have lost a bundle. 

Not really, as we all know the market fluctuates, and when it does come back up its going to be stronger than ever, "history tends to repeat itself", so if anything he should keep buying low-end, med-end, and high-end real estate if he wants to become a billionaire very quickly! His wealth wouldn't be a billion dollars, but his net worth would be.

Wealth is measured in time - (how long can one provide for his/herself without working)   

Net worth is measured in quantitative economic property - (how much property one possess and how much is it worth) 

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
                    "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—Try to take over the world."

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      5597 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Maybe he finally realized that putting his face in the newspaper announcing he was going to become a billionaire wasn't very wise and is now keeping a low profile.  What about Bunky?  Maybe he found out that being so open about his winning spell would get him into some double, double, toil and trouble. 

Smiley

ROFL!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Viva La Chance!
                        Rockville, MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5022 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

ROFL!

And here's Bunky! He is generous, he donated $1,000,000 to the MD. Special Olympics!

http://www.mdlottery.com/PolarBearPlunge-News.html

Enjoy! We are a bit cwazy here in Maryland!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - 61A4sr9 jpg?1

United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          4716 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

And here's Bunky! He is generous, he donated $1,000,000 to the MD. Special Olympics!

That really was generous of him. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                            Inglewood
                            United States
                            Member #41769
                            June 22, 2006
                            122 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2008, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

"GO BUNKY"!!!

United States
                              Member #4121
                              March 23, 2004
                              799 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2008, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

WOW!  Great story! Bunky is the Man!