Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:48 pm
You last visited October 25, 2014, 12:45 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

white line in scratch off tickets

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 7 years ago by Vergie6.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #56862
December 6, 2007
1826 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2008, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

A cashier at a quick mart told me that if you look closely about every 6th or 7th line you can

clearly see a white line thicker in some areas of the tickets, and that this is what you should

look for in a winning scratch off ticket.  Well yes, i tried it and bought 10 tickets, and yes there

was a white line and yes i won a free ticket.  does anyone know about this? 

PEACHIE10's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
    MANSFIELD
    United States
    Member #47555
    November 11, 2006
    18 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

hi flat creek

the only problem with that is you can not pick and choose when you buy to be that selective you just have to take the end of the roll where it is at.peachie

Banana

elmozoe's avatar - m99e1f16d6a69b5c6e7cea5

United States
      Member #56702
      November 30, 2007
      852 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

yes but you can't always rely on it.  i have bought so many scratch off using that method and have found that sometimes the winner maybe 1 up/down or 2-3 up or down from the white line.  if i had to put a percentage on how well that white line works i would give it a 50-60% chance unless you are buying quite a few of the same ticket.  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't....it all goes back to a game of chance.  the same goes with big winners being in the beginning, middle, and end of a pack.

elmozoe's avatar - m99e1f16d6a69b5c6e7cea5

United States
        Member #56702
        November 30, 2007
        852 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

to add to my recent reply....i have given up on the scratch offs bc NC claims to have more winners but when you look at the statistics they have just put more winners in the smaller prize categories so i finally said no more to scratch offs.

Georgia
          United States
          Member #55255
          September 20, 2007
          24 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2008, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

yes but you can't always rely on it.  i have bought so many scratch off using that method and have found that sometimes the winner maybe 1 up/down or 2-3 up or down from the white line.  if i had to put a percentage on how well that white line works i would give it a 50-60% chance unless you are buying quite a few of the same ticket.  sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't....it all goes back to a game of chance.  the same goes with big winners being in the beginning, middle, and end of a pack.

Back in 1996 a clerk told me about a black mark on scratch off tickets. That was back when they laid out flat in the stores. And she said within 3 tickets either before or after the mark was a winning ticket. Now it is hard to see cause they have the tickets in rolls but I can tell sometimes. I once got on a roll and won almost $200 on one roll of scratch offs. My cousin had told me if you get on a good roll stay on it. I bought about 20 $2 tickets that nite.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
            Member #26882
            November 23, 2005
            1404 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2008, 12:09 am - IP Logged

A cashier at a quick mart told me that if you look closely about every 6th or 7th line you can

clearly see a white line thicker in some areas of the tickets, and that this is what you should

look for in a winning scratch off ticket.  Well yes, i tried it and bought 10 tickets, and yes there

was a white line and yes i won a free ticket.  does anyone know about this? 

Where are these white lines supposed to be on the ticket? I never saw any type of lines on the scratch off tickets in PA and I play them frequently.

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
              Member #26882
              November 23, 2005
              1404 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2008, 12:13 am - IP Logged

Wanted to add also that I'm very lucky at scratch off tickets, I usually win something, at least my money back and more. I also ask what number the roll is on, I like buying number 10, 99, and 147 in the roll. I have won 100 and 50 on number 147 many times.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                21584 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2008, 12:36 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Instant ("Scratch-Off") Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
                  Member #56862
                  December 6, 2007
                  1826 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2008, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Where are these white lines supposed to be on the ticket? I never saw any type of lines on the scratch off tickets in PA and I play them frequently.

when you stretch out a line of say 10 scratch offs look at how they are connected.  there is a

difference in between some but you have to look hard.  it looks to me pieced together.    kid

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                    North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2008, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I buy $5 tickets all the time and notice a white, black, and even one time a blue line on the bottom where the tickets break.  However, I have yet to see a winner.  I do buy tickets sometimes with a black L on the bottom right or left side.  I have won a good bit with those tickets.  However, just like the line it's not 100%. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                      Member #56506
                      November 21, 2007
                      4660 Posts
                      Posted: March 29, 2008, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Most of the tickets around here (not counting the new machines that dispense them) are under glass and behind the counter. There is no way I would be able to notice, lines or numbers or anything. Plus, there is no picking and choosing. If you want a ticket from a roll, you have the take the one that is next.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Vergie6's avatar - Bz rtgNIAAEE7BP.jpg
                        North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #59855
                        March 29, 2008
                        24345 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2008, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I've heard about it and I've won some with them and lost some with them as a cashier told me the same thing but I don't think it's true......it's just plain luck. 

I've also been told the cards win at the first of the roll and the last of the roll by another cashier and that's not true either as I have won both ways.

I think they are put in randomly as the people at the lottery headquarters told me.