Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:43 pm
You last visited July 24, 2014, 5:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have the "FEELING" that you'll win or just the "HOPE"?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 6 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you FEEL/KNOW you're going to win a big jackpot...or just HOPE you do?

I FEEL it! I'm gonna win THE jackpot! [ 29 ]  [50.00%]
I don't FEEL it, but I HOPE to win THE jackpot [ 10 ]  [17.24%]
I used to FEEL it, don't anymore, now I just HOPE [ 12 ]  [20.69%]
I don't FEEL it and anyone who does is delusional [ 4 ]  [6.90%]
None of the above [ 3 ]  [5.17%]
Total Valid Votes [ 58 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
bytheshore's avatar - am2e
California
United States
Member #61514
May 25, 2008
67 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2008, 4:03 am - IP Logged

I was just wondering how many posters here actually FEEL/KNOW they're going to win the lottery as opposed to those who just HOPE.

I chose #3.  Up until a few months ago, I had that "feeling" that "knowing", and...now I don't.  Now I just hope.

Already regretting delurking...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4457 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2008, 4:43 am - IP Logged

I bet many people on this board share that "FEELING" you mention.  I've read a lot of posts stating "I  KNOW" but the problem is there are only about 8 or 9 jackpots a year and millions of people buying tickets.  We can all hope. 

A rabbi & a priest go to a boxing match together.  They watch as each boxer steps into the ring.  The rabbi sees one of the boxers cross himself. So he turns and asks the priest, "What does that mean?" The priest answers, "Not a damn thing if the man can't fight!"

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3357 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2008, 5:21 am - IP Logged

I bet many people on this board share that "FEELING" you mention.  I've read a lot of posts stating "I  KNOW" but the problem is there are only about 8 or 9 jackpots a year and millions of people buying tickets.  We can all hope. 

A rabbi & a priest go to a boxing match together.  They watch as each boxer steps into the ring.  The rabbi sees one of the boxers cross himself. So he turns and asks the priest, "What does that mean?" The priest answers, "Not a damn thing if the man can't fight!"

In my case, I feel it's my destiny. I can't explain it. It's not just "a feeling" but something more than that. Just like I knew I was destiny to be in China (long story).Banana

I'll be trying Automatic Writing to get the winning lottery numbers.

Automatic writing  is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing. The words are claimed to arise from a subconscious, spiritual or supernatural source.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
        N.C.
        United States
        Member #56005
        October 28, 2007
        264 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2008, 7:42 am - IP Logged

For me, I am confident that I will definately someday win a second and third place prize. maybe multiples.

as far as a jackpot, I'm not banking all my retirement around winning one, but I still hope to.

so I guess you could say for me, that its more hope than actual conviction.

just me....

"If you try to be a Hero, your going to end up a Zero!...NEVER leave your Wingman!!"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          8918 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2008, 9:46 am - IP Logged

Good point. Considering the amount of jackpopts and the number of players, way too many people wind up going their entire life with that feeling unfulfilled. Thye just know they're going to hit a jackpot but it never happens.

Bang Head

Another rabbi & priest story, same scenario, but the rabbi too, crossed himself. The priest is surprised and asks him why a rabbi would do that. The rabbi says, "Do what? I'm just checking I have everything, spectacles, testicles, wallet, cigars."

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #58528
            February 18, 2008
            710 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2008, 10:22 am - IP Logged

I know I'm going to win a jackpot.Its just a question of when.

DC81's avatar - batman39
              MI
              United States
              Member #54830
              August 31, 2007
              975 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2008, 11:31 am - IP Logged

With the numbers from the four MM EPs I bought I probably should have just picked "Hope". Bought one from Saturday at my local grocery store and then three today, one from the store again and two from two gas stations.... I was only going to buy two after the first one had two numbers in sequential order I decided to buy two today, first one and a two pair of sequential numbers and then one at the first gas station had all five WB numbers that were sequential, well two and then three others that were. Bang Head The final one didn't but it was close since two pair were one off on being sequential again. It's might be another sign that I shouldn't play yet.

You can't predict random.

HoneyBunny's avatar - unicorn rainbow-247x300.jpg
                New Hyde Park, New York
                United States
                Member #58529
                February 18, 2008
                150 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2008, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Good point. Considering the amount of jackpopts and the number of players, way too many people wind up going their entire life with that feeling unfulfilled. Thye just know they're going to hit a jackpot but it never happens.

Bang Head

Another rabbi & priest story, same scenario, but the rabbi too, crossed himself. The priest is surprised and asks him why a rabbi would do that. The rabbi says, "Do what? I'm just checking I have everything, spectacles, testicles, wallet, cigars."

Scared

I like your jokes!!! I'm going to remember that one.

Smile

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  5268 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2008, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

I was just wondering how many posters here actually FEEL/KNOW they're going to win the lottery as opposed to those who just HOPE.

I chose #3.  Up until a few months ago, I had that "feeling" that "knowing", and...now I don't.  Now I just hope.

When Ohio started the Buckeye 5 (5/37), I "knew" I was going to match all 5 numbers and win a $100,000 jackpot because I had some success matching 4 and 5 numbers in the lotto game. I matched many 3's and a few 4's but never won the big one and over time the feeling became more of a hope. The game is now 5/39 with rolling jackpots starting at $100,000.

I believe with a sound playing strategy that can return most of our wagers that will keep us in the game it's possible, but it's still a hope. We know it's possible to buy a couple of QPs or play birthday numbers and win Powerball or Mega Millions, but millions of players have that feeling and "know" they are going to that every week.  The reality is just a hope for most players and only the jackpot winners can say they "knew" they going to win.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    4571 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2008, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

There is a part of me that feels that one day I will win a jackpot of some kind, so I guess I do have a feeling that I will win one day. I don't think there is anything wrong with believing. It gives us hope. If I didn't have hope that one day I might win, I wouldn't even bother playing.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      8918 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2008, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

While I sincerely believe that a lottery jackpot is the working slob's only hope of ever making a big enough score to change their life, I also feel that saying you "just know" you are going to hit a jackpot is setting yourself up for disaapointment.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4457 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2008, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I totally agree that people are setting themselves up for disappointment if their goals include winning the lottery. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have fun with it and hope we get really lucky some day.  I think I'll probably win Fantasy 5 one day, although the lottery fairy has been really irritating me lately.  Right now our economy makes the future of our country look grim, but there's always hope when you have a mind to use, ingenuity, imagination and ambition. *  I'm not a religious freak, but people need to believe there is a plan and a better way.  Otherwise, winning a bunch of money isn't really going to change anything.  You need love, friends, understanding, God, puppies & kitties and, for me, music, to be whole. Money is very, very, very, very nice too, and we all need it to survive, but it's not even in the same league as the rest. 

* Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of any of these qualities and regarding my mind  ... Crazy

EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
                          Member #415
                          June 22, 2002
                          418 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2008, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I totally agree that people are setting themselves up for disappointment if their goals include winning the lottery. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have fun with it and hope we get really lucky some day.  I think I'll probably win Fantasy 5 one day, although the lottery fairy has been really irritating me lately.  Right now our economy makes the future of our country look grim, but there's always hope when you have a mind to use, ingenuity, imagination and ambition. *  I'm not a religious freak, but people need to believe there is a plan and a better way.  Otherwise, winning a bunch of money isn't really going to change anything.  You need love, friends, understanding, God, puppies & kitties and, for me, music, to be whole. Money is very, very, very, very nice too, and we all need it to survive, but it's not even in the same league as the rest. 

* Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of any of these qualities and regarding my mind  ... Crazy

Its more of a dream than a goal.  And even if it was a goal, I always set the bar high.  I agree though that it should be something to have fun with.  I used to have the mindset that I would definately win.  After 15 years of gambling, its to the point where I really could care less if I won or not.  Money means absolutely nothing to me and I think thats one major reason why Im good at poker and betting in general.  I feel like I will win huge one day, but if I did, it seriously wouldnt phase me or change me.  People always tell me that Im the luckiest person I know and will strike it mega rich one day, but I always respond that I'll probably be 80 when I hit Powerball and wont be able to really enjoy it.  Thats the kind of luck I have.  I have the best luck, yet the worst. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #48725
                            January 7, 2007
                            1841 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2008, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

With my system, I KNOW I am going to win a jackpot. When? I cannot say. It might be tommorrow or it might be 20 years from now. All I know is, I would like to win now while I'm young.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              17733 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2008, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

With my system, I KNOW I am going to win a jackpot. When? I cannot say. It might be tommorrow or it might be 20 years from now. All I know is, I would like to win now while I'm young.

What kind of system is it that you may have to wait 20 years for it to win?  In 20 years there will have been plenty of winners with no system who just got lucky with a QP.

Sounds like my system, I'm starting to think even with it I'm going to have to be lucky to win. 

* you don't need more tickets * 
                              * just the right ticket * 
                                 Wink