Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:57 pm
You last visited November 25, 2014, 9:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finding out winning ticket locations in NC ??

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jimtnc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NC
United States
Member #63952
August 14, 2008
18 Posts
Posted: August 18, 2008, 7:21 am - IP Logged

I'm trying to find out where the winning numbers were sold and what locations they were sold at around the state. I've contacted the NC lottery comission, some TV and newspapers but got no replies.

I don't think there is a way for the state to rig the numbered pingpong balls popping up, but concieveably the state lottery computer(s), if programmed to do so, could eliminate/decrease the more favorable numbers from being sold on tickets (those numbers that have proved to hit more than others), to certain locations around the state. This could direct more winning combinations in Pick-3, Cash5, etc., to locations other than the highest populated areas since they know they would already have a certain percentage of that populous playing anyway. Just a thought since there have been very few winners in the state capital area. Seems very odd, so say the least.

Anyway, is there some way to find this info out??  Thanks.   

JordanT1021's avatar - Lottery-046.jpg
    North Carolina
    United States
    Member #53121
    June 24, 2007
    5825 Posts
    Posted: August 18, 2008, 7:28 am - IP Logged

I have noticed this also with cash 5 winners... The winners are always in towns I have never heard of and I live in North Carolina...

If you need help with pick 3 take a look in the nc pick 3 forum... There is a great group there... PM me if you need help with numbers or just look at see what the nc players have on their mind for the day...

I know there has been at least two cash 5 winners from Raleigh

Look at the recent winner history... It will say what town and where the ticket was bought ( location )

Food lion ( believe it or not ) has a look of good winners... Also drug stores are good

NC
      United States
      Member #63952
      August 14, 2008
      18 Posts
      Posted: August 19, 2008, 6:52 am - IP Logged

I wonder if this site has any references/info regarding this question? Anyway, I usually play Cash 5 a lot, but can't win anything past a single dollar. I'm spending $10 and getting 1 or 2 back...not very good odds. I may try the numbering suggested on the NC pick 5 forum instead of letting the computer pick 'em. I'm not a very lucky person at all. 

That recent winnner list is only good for a couple of months. I'd like to know what the outcome has been for the last 1.5 years. I bet it tells a different story. Oddly enough, I have been getting my tickets at Food Lion the lst few months. I think we're on a first name basis there now. It's pretty convenient to get tickets and what ever else I may need at one stop.

Thanks for the reply.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4036 Posts
        Posted: August 19, 2008, 7:19 am - IP Logged

It took several tries for me to get to the right person to get the pre-test draws sent to me.  In fact I need to get an update. I emailed and telephoned several times before it happened. Keep trying the get the winner's list and keep us posted.

Also it would be interesting to witness a drawing.  I'm sure it would be an all day thing.

takeemtothebank

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9167 Posts
          Posted: August 19, 2008, 10:29 am - IP Logged

In Illinois the state lottery website publishes a list of winners, giving the store locations of jackpot winners for Pick 6 and Pick 5.

You can also subscribe to an e-mail with this info. for the game of your choice.

If you follow a game, you'll see that most winners are in the Chicago area, and if you follow Florida you'll see most winners are in Miami.

Not sure about North Carolina "assigning numbers", but if you read the FAQs page of the Powerball website you'll see that one of the most common questions is, "why are there never any winners from where I live?"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
            Member #28409
            December 15, 2005
            1198 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2008, 10:50 am - IP Logged

maybe this is what you are looking for?

http://www.nc-educationlottery.org/media_center.aspx

Down at the bottom of the page there are months listed for the year and archives of the winning ticket news articles for NC.  They tell the winners names and locations. 

Hope that helps.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

NC
              United States
              Member #63952
              August 14, 2008
              18 Posts
              Posted: August 19, 2008, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Yeah, that's it. Thanks spy, and the rest also.