Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:25 pm
You last visited September 23, 2014, 4:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Don't you think that 5 dollar scratchoffs should give out 2 & 1 dollars winner tickets..

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 6 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:58 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if you pay 1 dollar for a scratchoff or you spent 5 dollars on a scratch off, and getting a couple of 50 cents or 25 cents tickets back? Wouldn't that be nice, it will make you feel like you didn't wasted your money after all...

Don't you think they should do the same with all the scratchoffs...For example..50 dollars scratchoffs should have 25 dollars and 10 dollars and 5 dollars tickets winners? That way some people will feel like they didn't lose all the money after all...10 dollars scratchoffs should pay 50 dollars, 2 dollars or even 1 dollar back...don't you think...Even if is in small quantities...Same thing with 20 dollar scratchoffs, they should have 10 dollars, 5 dollars and 2 dollars tickets winners that way the customers/player feel like he didn't wasted all his money back after all...

I look at Texas State lottery and i check the scratchoffs section and i notice that they don't have tickets winners that are less than what the scratchoffs is worth....The closest thing i saw was a free ticket....I think having this option will make scratchoffs more enjoyable and make them more popular...As popular as the lottery...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Roslindale, MA
    United States
    Member #5377
    July 1, 2004
    134 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2008, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

I think the exact opposite - I think winning tickets should always pay more than the cost of the ticket (e.g. for a $1 ticket the minimum win should be $2). 

I'd hate to have a ticket where I win, but I lose.  Getting a "tie" (i.e. a $1 "winner" on a $1 ticket) is bad enough.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2008, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I think the exact opposite - I think winning tickets should always pay more than the cost of the ticket (e.g. for a $1 ticket the minimum win should be $2). 

I'd hate to have a ticket where I win, but I lose.  Getting a "tie" (i.e. a $1 "winner" on a $1 ticket) is bad enough.

you sound like you work for the lottery, only someone working for the lottery will say something like that...I am not saying they should not have tickets that pay more than what the ticket is worth, all i am saying is they should have tickets that pay less than what the ticket is worth...Suppose you pull out three 20 dollars and play a 20 dollar scratchoffs and you don't win anything...Afterwards you feel like a loser...And after you you leave the gastation and are getting in your car you don't wish you hadn't win at least 10 dollars back...This feeling happens to everyone all the time...Is the same feeling you get after you full yourself with food, before you are like yeah it tastes good let me eat it all, but after you finish, you regret eating all that food and wish you hadn't eating all of it...

You are looking at what's best for your pocket i am looking at what's best for the industry...

And God knows this is a better option...Something i discovered years ago was that when people lose all their moneys without some kind of return even if they got less, they don't feel like playing again...But if people lost money on the lottery and got money in return they will feel like they didn't lose all their money away and this will keep them coming back...Is psychology...

you are looking at 1 dollar tickets i am looking at 30 and 50 dollar scratchoff tickets...I will really hate to waste 50 dollars on 1 ticket and if i wasted 2 tickets of 50 dollars that will be 100 dollars spent and i will really hate to spend all of it without getting at least 25 dollars back...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Roslindale, MA
        United States
        Member #5377
        July 1, 2004
        134 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2008, 6:29 am - IP Logged

I wish I worked for a lottery - it probably would pay a lot more than my job in retail No Pity!...

I'll plead guilty to the "what's best for my pocket" statement, though.

central NJ
          United States
          Member #48879
          January 12, 2007
          12 Posts
          Posted: October 28, 2008, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

No only should there NOT be winners less than the price of the ticket, there should be no prizes less than the price of the ticket. By that, I mean on a $5.00 ticket, with the potential to win more than once on the same ticket, no single prize should be less than $5.00. I CAN'T STAND IT when I win multiple times, thinking I'm in for a decent hit, and there's a bunch of $1.00 and $2.00 wins that add up to to the price of the ticket or just a little more. If I buy a $5.00 ticket, and there are three winners on the ticket, then the minimum total win should be $15. If I win 10 times on the same ticket, the minumum total win should be $50.

I like "Big Money Spectacular" in NJ. It's a $2 ticket, and the payout is 70% (compared with 65% for all other NJ scratchoffs). I've hit in the $50 - $100 range, by winning in all 10 spots. There were some interesting variations in the 10 prizes, e.g. $2.00 in one spot, $25 in another, etc.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: October 28, 2008, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

Wouldn't it be nice if you pay 1 dollar for a scratchoff or you spent 5 dollars on a scratch off, and getting a couple of 50 cents or 25 cents tickets back? Wouldn't that be nice, it will make you feel like you didn't wasted your money after all...

Don't you think they should do the same with all the scratchoffs...For example..50 dollars scratchoffs should have 25 dollars and 10 dollars and 5 dollars tickets winners? That way some people will feel like they didn't lose all the money after all...10 dollars scratchoffs should pay 50 dollars, 2 dollars or even 1 dollar back...don't you think...Even if is in small quantities...Same thing with 20 dollar scratchoffs, they should have 10 dollars, 5 dollars and 2 dollars tickets winners that way the customers/player feel like he didn't wasted all his money back after all...

I look at Texas State lottery and i check the scratchoffs section and i notice that they don't have tickets winners that are less than what the scratchoffs is worth....The closest thing i saw was a free ticket....I think having this option will make scratchoffs more enjoyable and make them more popular...As popular as the lottery...

If they did that, they would have to subtract the prizes from other winning tickets.

Look on the back of a scratch off.  It says that the total of all winning tickets is x-percent of sales.  So, for a hypothetical example, say it is 62% of all sales, and they print $500,000 worth of tickets (and they are assuming that all tickets will be sold) there can not be more than a total of $310,000 in winning tickets.  So if they did it the way you describe, there would still only be $310,000 worth of  winnng tickets for the whole game.  Where would the other (the ones you want) winning tickets come from...they would have to come from making fewer winning tickets that are greater than or equal to what the scratchoffs are worth. 

They have all of this figured out as far as how much they will make on each scratchoff game, and they aren't going to change that.  It's their profit.  Just like the online games, they are in it for making profit, not making winners.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
              Member #4121
              March 23, 2004
              782 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2008, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Instead of buying 2 $5 tickets, just buy one.  You save $5.  Wink

United States
                Member #67870
                December 7, 2008
                107 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2009, 5:05 am - IP Logged

This is so true.  Scratch games are terrible and they are made worse by having a lot of worthless baloney added.    No lottery game of any kind, anywhere, should ever have a prize less than $100.

It's bad enough that there are too few good prizes in any of them without having tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars distracted (wasted) further on $1 and $2 dollar baloney prizes.

If it's hard to understand maybe there really should be one eternal scratch game (but only one) in every state that pays out only $1, or $2, or $5 dollar prizes and nothing else.   

(maybe they could call it the baloney bucks extravaganza ! ...where the more you play the less you feel like you lost it all)

PaPlayer412's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  Pittsburgh
                  United States
                  Member #69402
                  January 9, 2009
                  19 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2009, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Where do they sell $50 dollar lottery tickets, The Highest Price in my area is $25.00

charmed7's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                    MICHIGAN
                    United States
                    Member #65282
                    September 22, 2008
                    1855 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2009, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I usually buy $5:00 tickets, get back 10 dollars, usually save them until

i get something close to 100 bucks, i'll get brave and buy a $20 buck

scratch off.  Hummmm, i'll buy a $20 dollar millionair raffle oppose to

$20. scratch offf.

Talking Rock, GA
                      United States
                      Member #60369
                      April 15, 2008
                      398 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2009, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Where do they sell $50 dollar lottery tickets, The Highest Price in my area is $25.00

Texas, IIRC.

(Eh......no way will I buy a $50 ticket unless I hit a major (e.g. $500 or better) win....and I'd buy only one and that's it.)

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

United States
                        Member #67870
                        December 7, 2008
                        107 Posts
                        Posted: January 12, 2009, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

sorry, I didn't know were you asking about my post?  If so I meant the prize, not the price.

I think all prizes should be at least $100 or more, (and there should be more of them)

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: January 16, 2009, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

What do you think is scratchoffs cost 2 dollar and the highest amount pay is 80 dollars..LOL...Kind of like the scratchoff version of a pick2...Even though they should never do it...

A Scratchoff that cost 50 dollars should give 2 million dollars a year for life specially in Texas with its big population...

But believe it or not there is racism involved because they know that texas is a population with a large amount of mexicans yet they don't offer that option there...They think they are slick...

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2733 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2009, 2:30 am - IP Logged

In PA, they used to do that with their $20 holiday tickets.  Every ticket would have at least a $5 winner.  They were meant to be given as gifts though.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.