Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:41 am
You last visited October 23, 2014, 4:38 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Best Odds to win a Million dollar Lottery Raffel !

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Amazing Grace.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10431 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2008, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

1 in 31,000 Odds chance to win a Lottery Raffel worth 1 MILLION Dollars !  It's real ... it was on Fox news.  Still some tickets left ....

A million dollar HOUSE !  

You buy a ticket for 50 bucks..... only 31,000 tickets will be sold.... winner drawn Dec 31st.  !  

This really is the best bet for the money ..... a lottery raffel of this size is a great shot at a real fortune.

http://www.fiftydollarhouse.com/        Dance

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Michigan
    United States
    Member #59293
    March 12, 2008
    121 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2008, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

a million doller is nothing these days

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10431 Posts
      Posted: December 13, 2008, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

The point here were  the great ODDS ......of 1 in 31,000 to win that much ...... ...not the amount.

If you find better odds than that with that kind of payout anywhere on the planet ......please post it. 

Patriot

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        17937 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2008, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

The point here were  the great ODDS ......of 1 in 31,000 to win that much ...... ...not the amount.

If you find better odds than that with that kind of payout anywhere on the planet ......please post it. 

Patriot

When you think about it, 31,000 tickets at $50 each the odds are actually 1,550,000 per dollars spent.  A pick 5/39 game has odds of 575,757 per $1 ticket or 1 in 11,516 with $50 worth of tickets.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
        * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
             Wink 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9111 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2008, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Good point RJOh.

Also, I maybe be wrong but whoever wins this house, aren't they looking at taxes on a priize worth $1,000,000 and property taxes?

If a working slob wins it and can flip it right away, that's one story. If they plan to occupy it it could become an albatross.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Shawn67's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
            Member #45970
            September 1, 2006
            4763 Posts
            Posted: December 13, 2008, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Soooooooooooooooooooo.......I guess you're saying that $50 for a chance to win $1,000,000.00 is not worth it???

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              4658 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2008, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Says you. I wouldn't turn down a million dollars.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                Clarksville
                United States
                Member #487
                July 15, 2002
                17638 Posts
                Posted: December 14, 2008, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

Now the number is 32,500 so they must be racking in the bucks.  Personally, I wouldn't want to win it because I couldn't afford to live in it, couldn't pay the tax bill, probably wouldn't be able to flip it, couldn't get a loan against it...and sure as heck wouldn't be able to rent it out for 40 thousand a month.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                  Member #60535
                  April 21, 2008
                  460 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2008, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

i'd much rather pay $20 for the FLorida Lottery Raffel to win a million dollars straight up. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    17937 Posts
                    Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Now the number is 32,500 so they must be racking in the bucks.  Personally, I wouldn't want to win it because I couldn't afford to live in it, couldn't pay the tax bill, probably wouldn't be able to flip it, couldn't get a loan against it...and sure as heck wouldn't be able to rent it out for 40 thousand a month.

This is not the first time someone had a big old family home they thought were worth a million bucks that they couldn't sell for half that amount and the real estate taxes and maintenance was sending them to the poor house.  Having a lottery that will bring in over a million dollars to get rid of it is a good idea if it works.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                    * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                         Wink 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4458 Posts
                      Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

i'd much rather pay $20 for the FLorida Lottery Raffel to win a million dollars straight up. 

I agree, but when I look at the "great" odds, I still say to myself "Okay, there are going to be 9 winners in Florida out of $1 million tickets sold.  So, although they keep advertising "Best Odds Ever" there will still be 999,991 people who don't win the million.  I wish they had more lower tier prizes.  After the million, the next level is $50,000.   I'd be happy winning $50,000 but $20 is a lot of money for 1 play.   IMO they should have a few $250,000 prizes and a few $100,000 prizes.

Still, I'm going to click on your link.  Sounds very interesting.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                        Stone Mountain*Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #828
                        November 2, 2002
                        10431 Posts
                        Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Interesting how folks don't even pause to look at the strength and power of those odds ......at all.  

It sorta reminds me of the fella who just bought a 2007 Ford Taurus for 4,000 dollars. Great Deal huh ? Never mind the car had over 225,000 miles on it .  

Plus .....if anyone at Lottery Post wins that  Million Plus ++ dollar House ......

Me and a lotta other folks will be tickled to death ....to take it off their hands for a HALF MILLION tax free dollars within 24 hours. 

$$$$$$$$$      Lovies

Win d    

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4458 Posts
                          Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Interesting how folks don't even pause to look at the strength and power of those odds ......at all.  

It sorta reminds me of the fella who just bought a 2007 Ford Taurus for 4,000 dollars. Great Deal huh ? Never mind the car had over 225,000 miles on it .  

Plus .....if anyone at Lottery Post wins that  Million Plus ++ dollar House ......

Me and a lotta other folks will be tickled to death ....to take it off their hands for a HALF MILLION tax free dollars within 24 hours. 

$$$$$$$$$      Lovies

I'm reading all the links from the site.  So far, it looks like a great way to sell a home.  However, if you win a house, you better be prepared to pay the taxes and upkeep.   Of course, you could always raffle it off if it doesn't work out!   I suppose if you own a house you can rent it until you resell it. 

Any CPAs here?  I'm pretty sure you have to pay Federal and State income tax on the home you win before  taking possession of it.  So if it is appraised for a million bucks, then you might need to pay the IRS $250,000 before you even collect your prize. Not sure about the State of Maryland.  I remember when HGTV had a Dream House contest and I read the fine print.   I think the home was valued at $400,000 and in order to be declared the legal winner & move into it, you had to show the ability to pay $100,000 in income tax.   That could probably be done by taking out a mortgage on the house, right?

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4458 Posts
                            Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Good point RJOh.

Also, I maybe be wrong but whoever wins this house, aren't they looking at taxes on a priize worth $1,000,000 and property taxes?

If a working slob wins it and can flip it right away, that's one story. If they plan to occupy it it could become an albatross.

Sorry, read your post after I wrote my comment. Embarassed I am pretty sure you're right, Coin Toss.   So you have to pay Federal & State income tax as well as property tax.   Regarding flipping, I'm not sure you can even take possession of the house or live in it for very long without paying the tax on the prize, so you'd have to take out a mortgage on it as soon as you win it to pay the taxes, if I'm not mistaken.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                              Member #60535
                              April 21, 2008
                              460 Posts
                              Posted: December 14, 2008, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

IMO they should have a few $250,000 prizes and a few $100,000 prizes.

I agree.  That's why i didn't play the gas for life game because there were so few good prizes.