Welcome Guest
You last visited December 21, 2014, 5:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$1.00 PA Barn Ticket 100 dollar winner

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Tnplayer805.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
PaPlayer412's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Pittsburgh
United States
Member #69402
January 9, 2009
19 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2009, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

So today I walked into the beer story to visit my friend D. I bought a pack of Malboro Reds, After that I had one dollar left concidered buying a drink or a 1 dollar scratch off, I then decided to buy a 1 dollar scratch off and my buddy picked the Barn ticket for me. I started scratching to then reveal I won 100 dollars, They said they never seen 100 dollar winner it's very rare on a $1 dollar ticket. I'm wondering if anyone else has had good luck with $1 tickets. If so what kind.

Keep Scratching,

-PaPlayer412

nobie23's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #3009
    December 12, 2003
    2065 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2009, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

So today I walked into the beer story to visit my friend D. I bought a pack of Malboro Reds, After that I had one dollar left concidered buying a drink or a 1 dollar scratch off, I then decided to buy a 1 dollar scratch off and my buddy picked the Barn ticket for me. I started scratching to then reveal I won 100 dollars, They said they never seen 100 dollar winner it's very rare on a $1 dollar ticket. I'm wondering if anyone else has had good luck with $1 tickets. If so what kind.

Keep Scratching,

-PaPlayer412

what did you give your friend for picking a winning ticket??

Mass
      United States
      Member #68073
      December 12, 2008
      193 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2009, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Despite the fact that $1 are indeed the worst odds in winning, my single biggest winner to date has been on a $1 tic. I hit $5000 (top prize)on a "Fast 50" in the Massachusetts Lottery. Odds were 136,000 to 1. In fact they only print 150 top prizes out of the more than 50 million tickets printed. Talk about a needle in a haystack. Despite that win, I usually stay away from the $1 tix. I should also mention that that particular winner was a ticket I got for free as part of a now defunct recycle program.  

Spin

Set4life's avatar - 2554
        East Hampton, NY
        United States
        Member #41995
        June 25, 2006
        1136 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2009, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Nice win man, I had a $100 prize with a 1 dollar ticket here in ny  "take 5", my mom had one about 2-3 weeks later on a $1 game also.lol

$Group Hug$

FOR THE WIN!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21653 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2009, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Keep Scratching,

-PaPlayer412

Thumbs Up Congrats!!  Party

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Talking Rock, GA
            United States
            Member #60369
            April 15, 2008
            398 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2009, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Congrats! Big Grin

One of my 7 $100 winners came on a $1 ticket back in April 2005.  I had $3 in quarters and used that to buy a $2 Jumbo Bucks Classic and a $1 Junior Jumbo Bucks.  I scratched off the Junior Jumbo Bucks and on the bottom row, I uncovered a Jumbo symbol for 5 times the prize.  I scratched the prize and it had $20 under it......Jumbo $20 = $100.  The $2 Jumbo was a free ticket winner.  I've got a picture of that $100 winner in my blog (my 1st blog post) along with a little story about what happened after that big win. Wink

A Gold account on Lottery Post:  $4.95

A Millionaire Jumbo Bucks scratcher:  $20

Airfare and hotel in March 2007 to see The Price Is Right before Bob Barker retired:  $600-something

Winning something to get a trip to a district office:  Priceless Big Grin

PaPlayer412's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              Pittsburgh
              United States
              Member #69402
              January 9, 2009
              19 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2009, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Congrats on all the wins. Very Interesting stories. Out of respect when you win do you usually tip the person who picked it for you?

When I wont the 100 dollars I asked my friend if he wanted money he said no. So I gave him $10 dollars anyway and he was happy.

He plays all day long he works at a beer store so of course he dosn't care. Now if it was a huge winner i'm sure everyone would start

talking to me asking me for money. Cousins I never knew I had would be poping out of the wood-work to try and get $$ lol!

Despite all of my bad tickets I've won on a dollar ticket and the chances are rare. How does this happen!!

Also don't you hate when you spend $20 dollars on a ticket and lose?

Have a good one guys.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: January 14, 2009, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

The most I've won on a $1 ticket was $25.  I don't buy $1 tickets though...   Here's a list of my winners...

$1 ticket...  $25 (tennessee)  (My mother did win $105 on a fast 5 ticket from TN in 2004)

$2 ticket... $100 (tennessee)

$3 ticket...  Never purchased

$5 ticket...  $75 (Tennessee)

$10 ticket...  $200 (Tennessee) (2 $100 winners)

$20 ticket...  $500 (Florida)

--  $20 tickets are my favorite because I have won $100 from TN 3 times and 5 times from Florida.   

How are you going to win if you don't play?