Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:50 am
You last visited September 30, 2014, 7:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery subscription

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

You think you would have better chances to win more,playing same #'s for a year?

Yes [ 22 ]  [43.14%]
No [ 29 ]  [56.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
chicago
United States
Member #34162
February 28, 2006
312 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2009, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

I remember,i saw lottery news on my Illinois lottery website,about a guy who played same numbers for 3 years and finally won over 9 millions dollars.I am planning to do the same soon.I think its better this way,and i can win more,or even hit the jackpot,then playing random numbers everyday.What you guys think?Does anyone play same numbers?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - AbnSTiA

United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    4647 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2009, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

With games that are in my home state like Powerball, Wild Card 2 and Hot Lotto, I tend to play different sets of numbers. But I have a subscription to Massachusetts Mass Cash game and with that game I have to play the same set of numbers each drawing. So I do both.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

hearsetrax's avatar - 78638c467ef281febf24383e126f74b6

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      1862 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2009, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

lol I had a subscription to the megamillions a good while back .... complete waste of money Roll Eyes

bob27's avatar - chakra man1.jpg
        chicago
        United States
        Member #34162
        February 28, 2006
        312 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2009, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

lol I had a subscription to the megamillions a good while back .... complete waste of money Roll Eyes

Thx for posting,but why not to do it first ,with game that has  better odds to win? Btw for  how many months did you played,and how much won?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          9077 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2009, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

bob27

On the Illinois Lottery website you can sign up to get results for the game of your choice mailed to you, I get them for Little Lotto (There are examples in the Pick 5 forum, Illinois Little Lotto Results 2009).

(I only post the jackpot winner, but it gives you all prize payouts).

In over three years of getting these, I think I've seen two subscription winners (people who by tickets for up to a year - same numbers).

This doesn't mean that other people are playing the same numbers drawing by drawing or on multi-play.

Personally, when I think about playing the same numbers that saying about doinng the same thing over and over and expecting different results is a form of insanity comes to mind.

Sure, that can be said for playing lotto, too, but....

Good Luck whichever way you choose!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

grandpajohn's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            williamsburg,ohio
            United States
            Member #71029
            February 17, 2009
            603 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2009, 1:39 am - IP Logged

I have a couple lines I play all the time but I also play others

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              2791 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2009, 5:25 am - IP Logged

all my numbers are subscription, sometimes ill buy a quick pick extra butthe base games are all played same numbers every week. its not like id remeber them if they came up and didnt have a ticket, but i also use excel spead sheet ot check my  numbers against the drawn numbers

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85; JUL $-88.9;AUG -$144.10

yearly grand totalspent = 938.05won= 318.8-$619.25

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                2911 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2009, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I think it's a fine idea to have a signature set of numbers or combination you play in every draw.  However, I would suggest you apply the usual group filters when making it so you don't have any factor in there that only comes up once in a hundred draws or worse.   BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  17903 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2009, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

I remember,i saw lottery news on my Illinois lottery website,about a guy who played same numbers for 3 years and finally won over 9 millions dollars.I am planning to do the same soon.I think its better this way,and i can win more,or even hit the jackpot,then playing random numbers everyday.What you guys think?Does anyone play same numbers?

I do that but in reverse by playing combinations that have never hit.  That way I has the same advantage of someone who has played those numbers for years and not won every time I play and I only played them once.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                  * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                       Wink 

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    2791 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2009, 10:49 am - IP Logged

i re-did my numbers many years ago bob, about 6 months after i started reading rec.gambling.lottery and yours and everyones advice sank in, the main filter i use is to make sure i hit every number now for as little possible bet. i know i should mix that up a bit, but ehh im a 50/50  type of guy. either i win or i dont. the only game i try hard for is the soccer pools, and i still can t hit their biased draws.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85; JUL $-88.9;AUG -$144.10

yearly grand totalspent = 938.05won= 318.8-$619.25

grafton wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #49379
                      January 28, 2007
                      1341 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2009, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I have played Supercash the same set of numbers for over 20 years  everyday. Won 500.00 once and a few 25.00. To me it is a big loser. But know after that long have to stick with them. Probally all 6 would come up if I dropped them.

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        478 Posts
                        Posted: March 28, 2009, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I play Massachusetts lottery games by subscriptions, I haven't won any big prizes yet, but I have won a few small prizes. I am hoping that one day I will hit it big!

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                          North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #64582
                          September 1, 2008
                          332 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2009, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I actually purposely do NOT play the same numbers over and over again.

The reason? I don't want to choose to start new numbers and then see my original numbers winning "the Big One". I don't think I could handle that.

I know I'll get shot down for this...but usually I just do a quick pick. I figure, if I'm meant to win, I'll win. Sort of, "it's out of my hands" and "you can't win if you don't play" mentalities combined.

However, after being on this site for a while, I did try my hand at picking the numbers for a Powerball once, dependant on what the popular numbers were. I might start doing that more often and try some of the "wheels" and so forth to get better odds. This way, my odds might be better and I'll still be using my two mentalities.

:-D

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                            Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #70678
                            February 8, 2009
                            889 Posts
                            Posted: April 6, 2009, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone!    I voted no on this one because if there's one thing I've learned it's NOT to become attached to numbers. As I mentioned in another thread I managed to hit 5 out of 6 numbers  on Ca Lotto  LOL with a QP! !  This was only my 3rd time purchasing a ticket and I didn't know anything about patterns, odds etc. Anyway the winning numbers weren't numbers I would have picked  had I played my birthday, favorite number, license plate etc. Now..... looking at past draws I managed to hit 4 out of 5 numbers on Little Lotto. Again these weren't numbers I would have picked but numbers based on what I saw from previous draws. Recently out of curiosity I looked at 30 consecutive draws for Little Lotto to see if I would have won playing a line of my kids and my birthdays. Had I played ALL 30 days I would have won 2 dollars. And LOL my birthday didn't even hit one time in those 30 days.