Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:54 am
You last visited August 1, 2014, 9:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto quietly increasing

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Northern Ohio
United States
Member #63551
August 1, 2008
203 Posts
Posted: April 13, 2009, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I posted this MONTHS AGO and yet it is still increasing. I think it's been November or October of last year since someone won this lottery, and I'd guess it's EXTREMELY COLD...as a result I have been putting most of my lottery dollars into it.

Anyone from Ohio noticing this?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    17741 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2009, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

According to his post, SmoothJuice of Michigan noticed it a month ago and started driving down to pick up a few tickets.  I play both Classic Lotto and MegaMillions and while I lucked out and got a 4of6 a month ago, I usually have a hard time getting even a 3of6 with 20 lines.  I'm more likely to win something with MM than CL so I play MM more.

* you don't need more tickets * 
    * just the right ticket * 
       Wink 

United States
      Member #73221
      April 8, 2009
      15 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2009, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

Business will take me to Ohio in about a month....I noticed awhile ago that it was increasing quite a bit, and I'm hoping the non-winning streak continues till I get there and can win the jackpot!  Selfish of me, I know!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        17741 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2009, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

The non winning streak has continued and all the other state guests have had their chance to win it so now I will give it a try.  Good luck if you're still trying to win it.

Wink 

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          466 Posts
          Posted: May 10, 2009, 11:35 am - IP Logged

The non winning streak has continued and all the other state guests have had their chance to win it so now I will give it a try.  Good luck if you're still trying to win it.

Don't waste your money on this game.  Save it for the raffles instead.  8 1/2 months of rolls is just an indication that this game needs to be changed.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17741 Posts
            Posted: May 10, 2009, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Don't waste your money on this game.  Save it for the raffles instead.  8 1/2 months of rolls is just an indication that this game needs to be changed.

Changed to what?  To Rolling Cash5 (5/39) with a starting jackpot of $100K or to MegaMillions (5/56+1/46) with a starting jackpot of $12M (cash $7M)?  Both these games are won often because of the numbers of players.  Games with a 6/49 matrix used to be won more often when they were the only game available but now the easier games or big jackpot games are more popular.  Any game that fill the niche of $1M to $25M jackpots is going to have the same results.

Wink 

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #74411
              May 10, 2009
              71 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2009, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing this game as much as possible (finances allowing) and last night I got 3 of the 6 numbers.....won $2.....yippee!  LOL!  A co-worker of mine last year got 5 of the 6 numbers and won $1,500 but of all the times I've played, it's even difficult to get 3 of the numbers and I usually play $10 to $20 at a time.  Also, if memory serves me correctly, I don't think this game has been won since August 2008.  I've only been playing this game for the time being right now as well.  Someone's got to win it sooner or later!  :-)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                17741 Posts
                Posted: May 13, 2009, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

With a jackpot of $20M and MegaMillions being won, the Ohio Classic Lotto was looking attractive for a while but now that the cash value of the MM jackpot in more than $20M again, OCL will fade into the back ground again.

Wink 

LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
                  Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #74411
                  May 10, 2009
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2009, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

With a jackpot of $20M and MegaMillions being won, the Ohio Classic Lotto was looking attractive for a while but now that the cash value of the MM jackpot in more than $20M again, OCL will fade into the back ground again.

I'm not sure about that :-)  At least not for me, my lottery dollars will still be going to Classic Lotto and the reason I say that is that the chances of winning the Mega Millions jackpot is:  1 in 175,711,536 and the chances of winning the Classic Lotto jackpot is:  1 in 13,983,816.

Quite a better chance of winning the Classic Lotto than the Mega Millions! Banana

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    17741 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2009, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

I spoke too soon.  With MegaMillions win last night, Classic Lotto is looking good again. (At least it is to me, I'm picking 10 lines to play this evening.)

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      17741 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2009, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure about that :-)  At least not for me, my lottery dollars will still be going to Classic Lotto and the reason I say that is that the chances of winning the Mega Millions jackpot is:  1 in 175,711,536 and the chances of winning the Classic Lotto jackpot is:  1 in 13,983,816.

Quite a better chance of winning the Classic Lotto than the Mega Millions! Banana

Yes and yet the overall odds of winning anything with Classic Lotto are 1:53.6 and 1:39.8 with MegaMillions.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        17741 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2009, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I spoke too soon.  With MegaMillions win last night, Classic Lotto is looking good again. (At least it is to me, I'm picking 10 lines to play this evening.)

Ditto.  It has happened again but this time I think someone will win Classic Lotto.  With odds of 1:13M and a cash value of $12.4M and MM down to $12M(cash value $7.4M) a lot more players will be buying CL tickets.  This time I will be playing 20 or more lines.  Good luck if you play.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          17741 Posts
                          Posted: June 12, 2009, 10:02 am - IP Logged

In spite of their odds, MegaMillions maybe won several more times before someone wins Classic Lotto.

Wink