Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:32 am
You last visited October 26, 2014, 4:29 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does Anyone know what the Z's and B's are on scratchers??

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MoneyMagic's avatar - money
Bland, VA
United States
Member #71484
February 26, 2009
21 Posts
Posted: September 2, 2009, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Hi, when I took all my old non winning tickets back to the retailer to run them through the computer to see if I'd missed any winners, instead she scratched off another area on the bottom of the tickets. If they had a B or a Z hidden there, she told me they weren't winners. (she did find two prizes I'd missed in fifty tickets, awarding me an extra $25)

Does anyone know this code system?? Does anyone know the "secret letters" that tell you instantly if the ticket has a prize on it?

Thanks

new york new york
    United States
    Member #76859
    July 7, 2009
    14 Posts
    Posted: September 2, 2009, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

Every state has different codes. In New York, if you get the following codes, you win:

O N E =  $1.00

T W O = $2.00

F I V =   $5.00

T E N= $10.00

T W N=$20.00

Z M F =$25.00

Z A N = $30.00

Z A P = $40.00

F T Y = $50.00

H U N = $100.00

F V H = $500.00

Any winners over $500.00  can be any combination of codes.  Also, the above codes aren't in random order, so they aren't necessarily going to spell out T E N, for example. It could read E T N - but you still win ten bucks!

MoneyMagic's avatar - money
      Bland, VA
      United States
      Member #71484
      February 26, 2009
      21 Posts
      Posted: September 3, 2009, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Thanks! Next time I get a winning ticket, I'll scratch there and see if it matches the amount like that...  Also, I'll ask the retailer next time I'm there.

Some these games, like Bonus Crosswords and Monopoly, are such a pain to figure out if you win it would be good to have an easy way to check.

Anyone out there have a handle on Virginia codes?

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
        Dover, Delaware
        United States
        Member #26979
        November 25, 2005
        169 Posts
        Posted: September 3, 2009, 8:40 am - IP Logged

In Delaware it usually means a loser but, anything over $100.00 you will see those type of letters. I know it sounds confusing but, if you lived here long enough you would get the hang of it. For example.....

$1.00----one

$2.00----two

$3.00----thr

$4.00----for

$5.00----fiv   and it goes on up to $100.00 which is hun and after that you will start to see Bs Zs Ps and Ls. A lot of people just passing through are not aware of that and they will see a P or Z and throw the ticket away when it could actually be $150.00 + so, don't always take the word of the cashier>>> they sometimes like to lie or cheat.

Be careful and good luck. 

Green glitter dollar sign
        Get yours at Webfetti.com

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2733 Posts
          Posted: September 23, 2009, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

I know in PA that F R H is $400.  Found that one out on my break today.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.