Welcome Guest
The time is now 5:05 am
You last visited July 30, 2014, 5:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

North Carolina New Game

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 5 years ago by ncpowerplayer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Kidzmom's avatar - cold
NC
United States
Member #11741
February 23, 2005
1232 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2009, 11:49 pm - IP Logged
This was a News and Observer article but it does not give detail as to when this game comes out and neither does the NC website. 

The North Carolina lottery has come up with a new scratch-off ticket game offering the chance to win some very big bucks. But you have to be ready to shell out some big bucks to play.

The lottery is starting its first $20 scratch-off ticket, the $200 Million Extravaganza. The $200 million refers to the total prize money available, not the amount a single player can win.

Previously, the most expensive scratch-off game in North Carolina cost $10.

The game features five tickets with a top prize of $3 million, and ten tickets with a $1 million prize. Those prizes would be paid in installments over 20 years.

Lottery officials say the game offers the best overall odds of winning something, even if it's only $30.

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

ncpowerplayer's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
    Burlington, NC
    United States
    Member #54722
    August 27, 2007
    83 Posts
    Posted: October 5, 2009, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Its coming out tomorrow.  There is some advance information in the form of a single color paper flyer at Food Lion and also Lowes Foods.  They have had this flyer since early last week. 

I didn't pick one up, however.  I do buy the occasional scratch off ticket.  However, I sincerely feel that the odds are stacked against the average player.  It is becoming apparent that retailers are scratching through rolls of tickets until they hit winners and use those to pay off the losers.  Since we have to buy ours one at a time, it puts us at a disadvantage, unless you intend to buy a whole roll that is sealed.

That said, I will probably buy a few of these from the machines.

Best of luck to you!

The winning combination is printed on every playslip, you just have to fill in the right boxes.  Simple, Huh??