Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:01 pm
You last visited July 24, 2014, 3:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

formula for predicting lottery numbers

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #39085
May 10, 2006
18 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2009, 11:42 am - IP Logged

Predicting the lottery would be the same as using a formula to predict plays in a football game. In other words, it is impossable for me to predict that Ray Lewis will sack Brett Favre tomorrow at 1:17pm causing a fumble that is recovered by the Ravens on the 37 yard line resulting in a loss of 4 yards. Random MEANS unpredictable... trying to PREDICT RANDOMNESS is non-sense.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    7822 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2009, 11:51 am - IP Logged
    Yea but you could assume that might happen.
    In horse racing people pick the jockey that has a good track record that's also riding a horse that has won many races not the jockey that has a poor track record and or a horse that has always came in last.
    With numbers and history you can track things like sums hot cold numbers longest out due numbers and all sorts of things narrowing down what number might come out.... it's a predictable guess.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
      Member #39085
      May 10, 2006
      18 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2009, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Yes I agree that past results, hot/cold and due numbers are a way to cut down on amount of numbers played. I'm saying that using a formula is just rediculous.

paurths's avatar - underground
        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
        Belgium
        Member #19287
        July 29, 2005
        2254 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2009, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

Yes I agree that past results, hot/cold and due numbers are a way to cut down on amount of numbers played. I'm saying that using a formula is just rediculous.

If the formula has only static elements, yes, then it is rediculous.

What a formula needs is dynamic elements, otherwise it can not anticipate on something that is dynamic on itself...

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

joker831's avatar - Trek COMBADG3.gif
          Tucson, Arizona
          United States
          Member #63404
          July 27, 2008
          102 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2009, 9:22 am - IP Logged

No such thing as 'randomness' in lottery.  If there were, then you would see stuff like : 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6  come up like 4 or 5 times in a row.  Trying to predict TRUE randomness is nonsense.  Trying to predict lottery numbers is a LOT easier because it is not true randomness.

The possibilites are endless.... might as well start at the begining

United Kingdom
            Member #31295
            January 27, 2006
            73 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2009, 9:53 am - IP Logged

No such thing as 'randomness' in lottery.  If there were, then you would see stuff like : 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6  come up like 4 or 5 times in a row.  Trying to predict TRUE randomness is nonsense.  Trying to predict lottery numbers is a LOT easier because it is not true randomness.

That's true, as the theory states every number has an equal chance of occuring as any other number, but reality gives us a different picture. Not all numbers have an equal chance...they cant have an equal chance otherwise we wouldn't see the lottery results we get week after week.

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
              Connecticut
              United States
              Member #61623
              May 29, 2008
              19323 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2009, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Predicting the lottery would be the same as using a formula to predict plays in a football game. In other words, it is impossable for me to predict that Ray Lewis will sack Brett Favre tomorrow at 1:17pm causing a fumble that is recovered by the Ravens on the 37 yard line resulting in a loss of 4 yards. Random MEANS unpredictable... trying to PREDICT RANDOMNESS is non-sense.

Lottery as in High JP games?...or lotto p3/p4?

I can't stand this mentality.."".trying to PREDICT RANDOMNESS is non-sense"".!!!!!  Randomness can be very predictable in p3 and it is done here on a daily basis from a bevy of folks

Between your statement and this other person(can't recall the name) but he/she always says "you can't predict pingpong balls"..and it's a flatout freaking lie.I'm not saying the games are biased for certain outcomes by organizations

do some reading around here...hell  check out Maddogs powerball/megamillions challenges.He just got 5+0  and a few draws back someone else had 5+0.I'm sure they're not just chucking darts at the wall with numbers on it.Obviously they see plausable sets of numbers falling however they are doing it

"...Life is not a matter of holding good cards,but sometimes playing a poor hand well...
              'Fortune Cookie wisdom'

United States
                Member #56862
                December 6, 2007
                1826 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2009, 10:23 am - IP Logged

i agree on both sides. but in the state of tennessee there

is no random.  they know (computer programmers) that people

are going to track numbers stats like longest pair out, most

double due.  etc. so they repeat, backstep, it is hard to

predict tennessee, if you zig they zag.  kid

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                  Member #5599
                  July 13, 2004
                  1158 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2009, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Hi,

The problem is in predicting individual events in a random enviroment. One the other hand, randomness does have its own rules and is very predicatable over time. *S* I think people here sometime forget an example of flipping a coin. Over time heads will come up as many times as tails. Sounds predictable to me.*S* You can find many more rules if you have a math background, a computer, and really take the time to look. Or you could just dimiss the whole possibilty of predicting in a random enviroment.

I guess we all make or own choices.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    16134 Posts
                    Posted: October 18, 2009, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Lottery as in High JP games?...or lotto p3/p4?

I can't stand this mentality.."".trying to PREDICT RANDOMNESS is non-sense"".!!!!!  Randomness can be very predictable in p3 and it is done here on a daily basis from a bevy of folks

Between your statement and this other person(can't recall the name) but he/she always says "you can't predict pingpong balls"..and it's a flatout freaking lie.I'm not saying the games are biased for certain outcomes by organizations

do some reading around here...hell  check out Maddogs powerball/megamillions challenges.He just got 5+0  and a few draws back someone else had 5+0.I'm sure they're not just chucking darts at the wall with numbers on it.Obviously they see plausable sets of numbers falling however they are doing it

I Agree!

United States
                      Member #39085
                      May 10, 2006
                      18 Posts
                      Posted: October 18, 2009, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Flipping a coin is not a prediction. Telling me what the result of the next flip is a prediction. Which isn't very hard since its a 50/50 chance every time. Just like i know that the numbers 1,3,6 will be drawn in Virginia sometime, I just don't know when.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        17732 Posts
                        Posted: October 18, 2009, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

I think you're looking at predicting lotteries differently than those who are trying to do it.  You're saying no one can pick the exact results of any lottery drawing using a formula and you're right but predictors on the prediction board aren't trying to do that.  They are trying to pick a set of combinations(10-50) within parameters they think will include the next winning combination.  If their parameters are right and they covered only a fraction of the possible combinations then they have improved their odds of picking a winning combination. For example in MegaMillions, half of the winning combinations only have numbers that have hit in the previous 23 drawings which covers only 35-49 of the 56 numbers in its pool. By reducing their number pool to those numbers a predictor odds of winning can be reduced from 1/10 - 1/2 the regular odds 50% of the time.  I'm sure some have made other observations that can improve their odds even more.  When they lose you see it as just another lost but they are checking if the winning combination could have been picked using the information they used to pick their numbers and making adjustments accordingly.  For games like PB and MM, being right once is enough.

* you don't need more tickets * 
                        * just the right ticket * 
                           Wink 

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                          Member #5599
                          July 13, 2004
                          1158 Posts
                          Posted: October 18, 2009, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

Nice reply RJOh. Your much more diplomatic than I am. *L*

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                            Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: October 18, 2009, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

You believe whatever you want to, of course.

I have proven it to myself that if the pick 3 is random being a lottery game, then random can be beat, that is that it very possible to do much better and often than what a person would expect from quick picks or any other random method, that is that there is some predicability to at least some form(s) of lottery games and that you could have some winning advantage that you can't get with quick picks and no I am not talking about winning the MM jackpot nor any such thing either.

But perhaps you could win just a little more often when playing pick 3 games at least boxed and maybe also win lower jackpot games prizes just a little more often also than you would do with quick picks.

After what I just saw today, if I ever had any doubts about that, I no longer do, even I might not believe it if I had not seen it.

It sure took me hours of almost non stop testing to come to that, that I wanted to get to and was thinking already that could not be done, incredible really, but checked against past draws only.

But I am aware that because the state lotteries do their own drawings, it is much easier to prove the above when the predicted numbers are not bought and also when checking against the numbers history.

I know that the lotteries will swear that there is no way whatsoever on Earth that anybody anywhere can get or gain any-kind of advantage over lottery random and that Math can prove that.

And that any such claims are false and can't be proven.

So long as I have proven it to myself, I don't have to prove it to nobody else.

To each their own.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

beaudad's avatar - animaniacs26
                              Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #60043
                              April 3, 2008
                              1387 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2009, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

It was said that you cannot put a man on the moon........yet we have the technology to do that now...(there are some that say that we didn't and Capricorn One was a great movie......that Hal Holbrook is quite an actor)(OJ Simpson was in that movie too).......Just because it's called random and  someone says random is unpredictable.....However

Why would we listen to those that want to defeat us....... is an internal spirit and desire to defeat what "they say"......I stand and say that you have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine........and a method to retrieve future lottery numbers from the future with a method, formula, etc.Is what we strive to achieve............It is desire that gives a 66% method a "good chance" at hitting..a number..............I play pick 3 and I don't have a method for Powerball or Mega Millions......I just go for a "good chance play"..at pick 3...and I will end up hitting more than if I gave up trying and just bought quick picks....beaudad...

" I don't have a gambling problem,  I have a problem winning!"