Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:02 am
You last visited October 24, 2014, 7:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tennessee will join Mega Millions in 2010.

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by GASMETERGUY.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
North Dakota
United States
Member #13397
April 5, 2005
1623 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2009, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

From TNlottery.com...

On Monday, Nov. 2, the Tennessee EducationLottery Board of Directors today unanimously voted to offer a secondmega-jackpot game in Tennessee, which is expected to bring anadditional $10 to $15 million annually to education programs in thestate.
“Bringing Mega Millions into our portfolio of games is a win forboth players and education,” said Rebecca Hargrove, President and CEOof the Tennessee Lottery. “It’s clear that large jackpots generateexcitement in Tennessee. Adding Mega Millions will mean more sales andadditional dollars for the education programs we fund.”
The decision to allow states the option of offering both Powerballand Mega Millions has been prohibited until a recent agreement wasreached in a joint meeting of all U.S. lottery jurisdictions. Althoughadditional details must be finalized, Tennessee Lottery fans can expectto begin playing Mega Millions in early 2010.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1012 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2009, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I do not play Powerball or MegaMillions but I am glad for the players here in Tennessee that want to be able to play both.  Now they have that option.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2009, 12:54 am - IP Logged

From TNlottery.com...

On Monday, Nov. 2, the Tennessee EducationLottery Board of Directors today unanimously voted to offer a secondmega-jackpot game in Tennessee, which is expected to bring anadditional $10 to $15 million annually to education programs in thestate.
      “Bringing Mega Millions into our portfolio of games is a win forboth players and education,” said Rebecca Hargrove, President and CEOof the Tennessee Lottery. “It’s clear that large jackpots generateexcitement in Tennessee. Adding Mega Millions will mean more sales andadditional dollars for the education programs we fund.”
      The decision to allow states the option of offering both Powerballand Mega Millions has been prohibited until a recent agreement wasreached in a joint meeting of all U.S. lottery jurisdictions. Althoughadditional details must be finalized, Tennessee Lottery fans can expectto begin playing Mega Millions in early 2010.

Tennessee finally does something smart in the lottery.

Now if they would just make a deal with Virginia to sell their tickets in Tennessee I wouldn't have to drive so far to get away from the computers to play the other games too.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
        Dallas, TX
        United States
        Member #60284
        April 12, 2008
        3856 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2009, 1:52 am - IP Logged

Great! Now the jackpot will increase even more rapidly.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2009, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Sorry for starting a new thread about an old topic.  I was unaware it had been started...  Anywho, it looks like Arkansas will also join Mega Millions soon.  According to their website.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
            Member #38687
            May 3, 2006
            315 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2009, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

o wow this is great....i take back every mean thing i have ever said about R.Hargrove.

She just moved from my "sh*t" list to my "BFF" list.....lol

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1012 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2009, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

o wow this is great....i take back every mean thing i have ever said about R.Hargrove.

She just moved from my "sh*t" list to my "BFF" list.....lol

Hold on there, chasingadream.  Ol' Hargrove ain't done with us yet.