Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:31 am
You last visited April 25, 2014, 4:26 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When you buy a lottery ticket do you prayer that you win the Jackpot?

Topic closed. 93 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LotteryTechInc.

Page 1 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
pepper1's avatar - batman38
hotatlanta
United States
Member #70664
February 8, 2009
1415 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2009, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I alway prayer when I buy a ticket, and when I drive by the sign for Mega Millions, so far he hasn't shine

down on me. I still have hope...Big Smile

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    2746 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2009, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

no i dont pray for a win. i just hope i can beat the impossible odds some how. that in a universe of iffinate possibility im  in the one where i  do win lotto.

when they say " you're more likely to die driving to the store to buy a lotto ticket than win " i can say not this little black duck.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      8771 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2009, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

I alway prayer when I buy a ticket, and when I drive by the sign for Mega Millions, so far he hasn't shine

Pepper,

Doreen Virtue is an author who has written a prolific number of books about angels.

She mentioned this in one of her books about praying to win the lottery, and said that such prayers usually get no attention because so many people are praying the same prayer.

She implied that by saying such a prayer you are praying that everyone else doesn't hit, and that's just not the way angels work.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
        Member #54390
        August 17, 2007
        313 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2009, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Gambling is a sin; why would I pray to the Lord to win?  That's like praying to the Lord to be obese or praying to the Lord to get drunk faster.  I'm a sinner; I play lotto.

The problem with churches these days is that they ignore the fact that Lotto is a form of gambling. The Lotto websites sucker people into "helping education" or "helping out the community".... but in small-print it reads "Gambling problem? Call ###-###-####". While you ask the Lord to win, you might as well ask for more deaths and divorces.

Think about it.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          17936 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2009, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Gambling is a sin; why would I pray to the Lord to win?  That's like praying to the Lord to be obese or praying to the Lord to get drunk faster.  I'm a sinner; I play lotto.

The problem with churches these days is that they ignore the fact that Lotto is a form of gambling. The Lotto websites sucker people into "helping education" or "helping out the community".... but in small-print it reads "Gambling problem? Call ###-###-####". While you ask the Lord to win, you might as well ask for more deaths and divorces.

Think about it.

I Agree! Spiritual matters are concerned with the nurturing of the soul and the heart, not with how much Wealth You Possess.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            17936 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2009, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

The Scriptures indicate that there are proper and improper things for which to pray. St. James wrote: "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss." (James 4:3) It is vitally important to ascertain what we have the privilege of asking God to give us in the way of favors. We cannot expect to ask God for things which our fancy dictates, and have our prayers answered.

There is a divine purpose in prayer, and it is highly important that we keep this in mind if we are to understand why some prayers go unanswered. God did not design prayer as a means of finding out how he should manage his affairs here on earth. He is not looking to us to tell him what he should do. He has his own fixed plans and purposes, and if we are to receive the riches of his blessing it is essential that our prayers be in harmony with these. To use the language of James, we ask "amiss" every time we petition God for blessings which he has not designed to give.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Honduras
              Member #20982
              August 29, 2005
              4715 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2009, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I prayed 1 or 2 times, once in a blue moon...

I remember when i was in the USA and i couldnt advance in school i felt hopeless and you could say i prayed i remember i said: i wish i could win the lotto to help my mom and get out of the USA...i didnt pray i wrote it on my email...

This is what i wrote:

solo tu eres santo

solo tu eres digno

tu eres hermoso

y maravilloso

derrama tu espiritu

y que tu luz brille

que tu gloria llene

ahora mismo este lugar...

is a song i remember...

i was feeling very depressed....I've never felt like that in my life...

but i dont prary to God normally because gambling is considered a sin...

the problem with churches in the USA is that they segregate by race/skin and i know God doesnt like that...that's why i never attended one...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

South Florida
                United States
                Member #82132
                November 6, 2009
                112 Posts
                Posted: November 16, 2009, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery isn't about prayer or fate or destiny. It's about hope, beating the odds, and a ton of luck.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2009, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Anyone ever hear who Bunky The Witch prayed to?..If praying is luck then I'm in on it..

hotatlanta
                    United States
                    Member #70664
                    February 8, 2009
                    1415 Posts
                    Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Pepper,

Doreen Virtue is an author who has written a prolific number of books about angels.

She mentioned this in one of her books about praying to win the lottery, and said that such prayers usually get no attention because so many people are praying the same prayer.

She implied that by saying such a prayer you are praying that everyone else doesn't hit, and that's just not the way angels work.

I never did it before until I saw the guy on lottery curse say that when he brought his ticket that day

he looked up and said god let me win, and he did. I thought if it work for him let me try it Maybe my angels will look

down on me one dayat least I hope so.

hotatlanta
                      United States
                      Member #70664
                      February 8, 2009
                      1415 Posts
                      Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Think about it.

I guess this will be one more thing that I will ask forgiven for. I want wealth in heaven, and a little bit on earth

wouldn't hurt either.

hotatlanta
                        United States
                        Member #70664
                        February 8, 2009
                        1415 Posts
                        Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I prayed 1 or 2 times, once in a blue moon...

I remember when i was in the USA and i couldnt advance in school i felt hopeless and you could say i prayed i remember i said: i wish i could win the lotto to help my mom and get out of the USA...i didnt pray i wrote it on my email...

This is what i wrote:

solo tu eres santo

solo tu eres digno

tu eres hermoso

y maravilloso

derrama tu espiritu

y que tu luz brille

que tu gloria llene

ahora mismo este lugar...

is a song i remember...

i was feeling very depressed....I've never felt like that in my life...

but i dont prary to God normally because gambling is considered a sin...

the problem with churches in the USA is that they segregate by race/skin and i know God doesnt like that...that's why i never attended one...

Tranlate please......

hotatlanta
                          United States
                          Member #70664
                          February 8, 2009
                          1415 Posts
                          Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Winning the lottery isn't about prayer or fate or destiny. It's about hope, beating the odds, and a ton of luck.

You're right. Bring it on

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            17455 Posts
                            Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

What if your prayers are answered along with the prayers of a 100 other players who had the same wish?

Years ago I read about a 100 plus Californians winning the same lottery jackpot and not one was thankful for their win.

* Thoses who can, do * 
                            * thoses who can't, just talk *
                            Roll Eyes 

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5350 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2009, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

This is just as rediculous as sports teams praying to win before a game. Chair Never mind the thousands of children dying from hunger and disease everyday around the world, just make sure the Steelers win.....oops....lol

I pray to just win back the money I spent on lottery tickets.....lol