Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:40 am
You last visited July 23, 2014, 9:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here's a Winning Tip for Scratoffs - Buy the 000 ticket!!

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by jwhou.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Rowen's avatar - animal eel.jpg
Illinois
United States
Member #82001
November 3, 2009
890 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2009, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Saw a lotto vending mchine in IL displaying winning tickets that were sold there and I noticed that 2 of the 3 $1000 winners ticket was both '000' with other being '012' which are all low numbers. I heard from other members here that first couple of tickets in a roll are winners maybe not jackpot but significant enough.  Now these were all $20 tickets. How would you even be fortunate enough to be the first to buy them? I am thinking you would have to be an employee.

I am going to start buying low numbers from now on especially the '000'

Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
    Miami
    United States
    Member #62793
    July 9, 2008
    669 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2009, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Saw a lotto vending mchine in IL displaying winning tickets that were sold there and I noticed that 2 of the 3 $1000 winners ticket was both '000' with other being '012' which are all low numbers. I heard from other members here that first couple of tickets in a roll are winners maybe not jackpot but significant enough.  Now these were all $20 tickets. How would you even be fortunate enough to be the first to buy them? I am thinking you would have to be an employee.

I don't know what it's like anywhere else, but in FL I don't see anybody requesting specific tix in a roll. You get the next one. All the clerks I deal with are so cranky to begin with I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of asking them for anything that might require some effort.

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Illinois
      United States
      Member #82001
      November 3, 2009
      890 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2009, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I usually buy my tixs at the local mom and pop stores which incidently are owned by asians and they are nice people and I'm a regular so they won't mind reading off what the next tix # in the roll are. Yeah good luck getting someone at 7-11 or other major chains for some personal friendly service.

That's why if I ever win big there, I wouldn't mind giving them a tip or something.

jump1900's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #48155
        December 12, 2006
        2957 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2009, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

when i do buy them...i buy the whole pack...don't want nobody's

left overs

Break'N Code

Miami
          United States
          Member #62793
          July 9, 2008
          669 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2009, 3:20 am - IP Logged

when i do buy them...i buy the whole pack...don't want nobody's

left overs

The whole pack?? WHOA! Any big wins?

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

Million$Baby's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Chicago, Illinois
            United States
            Member #81067
            October 10, 2009
            9 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2009, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

You are on to something with the 012 because I just won $400 and the number of the ticket was 012..however I have recently had two tickets with the 000 number from different locations and they were duds.

Miami
              United States
              Member #62793
              July 9, 2008
              669 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2009, 3:57 am - IP Logged

Let me just say that if I had any luck it'd be bad.

This story starts Tuesday morning when I walked into a store to buy some online tickets, about $11 worth of various games. I hadn't been in this particular store, but I was in the neighborhood running an errand so I decided to pop in. The first thing I noticed was two online terminals, which means they do brisk lottery business, and the clerk was lottery-friendly, which is a nice change for the area I live in. That put me "in the zone" right away. I got my tickets and stepped aside to organize them in my wallet when I noticed the clerk opening two fresh scratch-off packs. I've stayed away from scratch-offs for a while, but then I remembered this thread and other posts saying the first ticket in a pack is usually a winner. It was a $2 ticket. I got the first two for that one and the first two of the other pack, which was a $5er. I was feeling the magic.

There's another thread on LP where somebody talks about how it's a player's ego that doesn't allow them to walk away from a losing streak. Well, you can call me Mr. Ego. When those first 4 tickets were duds, instead of walking away, I asked for the next two. NOTHING again.

Not wanting to go out like a douche, I asked for the next two $5ers. NOTHING again. So the first 4 were duds, surely one of the next two has the $200,000 prize. Right? WRONG!! Even the clerk couldn't believe it. "Are you sure you're checking those right?" I ended up going through the first 8 tickets of the pack, and all I got was $5. 

In the end I left $35 poorer, and still feeling like a douche with an ego problem. The lesson here is always listen to that voice in your head when it tells you to walk away.

Chicago, Illinois
                United States
                Member #81067
                October 10, 2009
                9 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2009, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I've only had bad luck with scratchers that are amoung the very firsts. I've won good amounts or broke even with numbers in the teens and 20's.

Miami
                  United States
                  Member #62793
                  July 9, 2008
                  669 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2009, 2:10 am - IP Logged

I've only had bad luck with scratchers that are amoung the very firsts. I've won good amounts or broke even with numbers in the teens and 20's.

Now you tell me!

Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #82001
                    November 3, 2009
                    890 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2009, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I bought a stack of scratchers that I am saving for Christamas Day. Wide range of games and numbers. Will let know if I hit anything big. I am hoping to get at least 1/3 of it back so i can reinvest in the raffle next year hoorah!

Illinois
                      United States
                      Member #82001
                      November 3, 2009
                      890 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2009, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

You are on to something with the 012 because I just won $400 and the number of the ticket was 012..however I have recently had two tickets with the 000 number from different locations and they were duds.

Just curious what game you hit on in IL.  I been turning away from smaller games and now only hunting for the "big" game. That's $30 ticket does have some good odds for a cool mil.

crete,il
                        United States
                        Member #79371
                        August 30, 2009
                        20 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2009, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I think when they open the pack up it is is really the last ticket in the pack number wise, but the first to vend atleast this is what i noticed. and i've bought many.

Chicago, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #81067
                          October 10, 2009
                          9 Posts
                          Posted: December 21, 2009, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I played the 20 win it all. It's so funny because I used to buy 2 tickets in a row (trying to increase odds) but the day I won the $400 I actually bought only 1 ticket which was the winner and even that was at the spur of the moment. I've also played the 30 cash spectacular and have only broken even until finally I lost my 30 bucks. I'm going to buy some tickets around town and save them for christmas day (like you) and I will let you all know if I win anything!

United States
                            Member #83701
                            December 13, 2009
                            225 Posts
                            Posted: December 26, 2009, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

You know, I need a little more than just buying the first ticket in the roll to go on.    Why would ticket 000 be more likely to win?   The packs alternate between having the first ticket faced up or face down which means half of ticket 000's are from the top of the sheet while the other half are from the bottom of the sheet.   Are you saying that it's easier for them to swap out a die at the edge of the stamp during custom print runs?   If so, then ok, it might be worthwhile but do they really let the technician decide where to place the winning dies?   Are they even dies anymore or are they inkjet and laser printed game symbols?

Most $20 game rolls are rolls of 25 tickets so the number 012 is dead center in the roll.   My $1,000 win was on ticket 012 but the numbering system on that game starts with 001 not 000.   Only one of my winners were on the end of a roll and it was a ticket 025 not a 001.

Miami
                              United States
                              Member #62793
                              July 9, 2008
                              669 Posts
                              Posted: December 26, 2009, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

So did anybody win anything yesterday??