Welcome Guest
You last visited December 21, 2014, 8:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratch offs in Tennessee

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by TheOtherOne.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86740
February 9, 2010
479 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

What is your take on the games here in TN?

I feel they are better than in KY (Pay off wise) but not quite up to par with GA scratchers.

Overall I like them. I do wish I would hit higher payouts more often but who doesnt :)

I have found the game with the best odds to be Jingle Jumbo Bucks at 1 in 2.56 or something like that. Only problem is they are only out around Christmas time. I do not recall seeing anyone hit the $250,000 jackpot on this $10 game though.

Jingle Millionare Bucks just hit and I expected the odds to be much better than the 1 in 3.01. Millionaire club is at 1 in 2.98.

The website did report that 3.5 million has already been won with the new game, so we will see how it pans out.

But what do you think of games in TN?

Blackdave's avatar - m 6207242add674cf10f0b65e489c74a0b1.jpg
    Morgan, TN
    United States
    Member #83248
    December 2, 2009
    1078 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Well myself i dont play nothing but jumbo bucks. i seem to win more on the two dollar cards ive hit $500 $100 and $75 here recently.. I also hit on the fast fives for $100 when they first came out but nothing big after that but free quick picks.

I never really buy $20 cards unless i win 20 or more then i might.. ive never had any luck with them... Do you buy more than one at a time? 

When i play the $2 cards i most of the time buy 5 at a time or 3 $5 cards at a time... But jumbo the way to go there way more prizes still out on them.

Well the TN Lottery website says there is anyway.

$$$ You Gotta Lose Some To Win Some! $$$

Nashville, TN
      United States
      Member #86740
      February 9, 2010
      479 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2010, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Jumbo bucks tends to be more on my favorites list than the others. Overall it just seems to payout a little better. And finding a 'jumbo' symbol is never a bad thing.

The most I have won on Jumbo is $35, which was great, as it hit the day I was leaving for Tunica.

I buy more than one when I can but it is rare. I have found that I like buying from the machines you find at some gas stations and Dollar General's now. Seems more 'fair' like you dont have a clerk selling the tickets and learning when the roll will hit again.

I didnt realize the tnlottery site shows how many prizes remain for a given game. I need to look into that. I have wondered it on games like 50 million dollar spectacular and some of these other games.

Morgan, TN
        United States
        Member #83248
        December 2, 2009
        1078 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2010, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

Yea you can go on the tn website and it tells you how many tickets are out there with the prize amounts.... Go to instant games the go to remaining prizes its really helpful...theres alot of tickets i use to waste my money on till i ran uopon that site and seen wat tickets got a better chance in winning...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2010, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I've had terrible luck in TN with scratchers but I think I'll check out them Jumbo Bucks yall are talkin' about. Haven't tried them at all.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            fayetteville tn
            United States
            Member #68983
            January 3, 2009
            1800 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2010, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

I've had terrible luck in TN with scratchers but I think I'll check out them Jumbo Bucks yall are talkin' about. Haven't tried them at all.

The 2 dollar jumbo bucks are getting harder to win off of now.

When i buy them i get 20 at a time and all i ever see now is

tickets or dollars. When i get a jumbo it is usually a dollar or two.

The last time they reloaded them they only put 26 50,000 dollar

prizes on them. They use to put 40 or 50. The new 20 dollar

millionare jumbos they put only 4 1,000,000 dollar prizes on

them. Georgia has 10 1,000,000 dollar prizes on theirs.

What does that tell you?

Nashville, TN
              United States
              Member #86740
              February 9, 2010
              479 Posts
              Posted: February 11, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

It is sad that in these tough times even the lottery is cutting back. It should be the opposite though sinc u hear so much about lotteries still doing well while us po folk chase the almighty dollar.

I was ready to invest - literally- in the new millionaire jumbo game til I checked the tnlottery remaining prizes. Thanks so much blackdave!

Instead I invested in the tn millionaire game and won $130 on 2 diff tickets. Turned around and lost it all and then some after that but that's another story.

For shame they only offer 4 millionaire prizes on mill. Jumbo. I think I'll stick to the peer amounts now. Giant jumbo seems to be the best bet.

And the prizes where there's only 1 left--does that mean they are contenders for the next Play it again?

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                fayetteville tn
                United States
                Member #68983
                January 3, 2009
                1800 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2010, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

It is sad that in these tough times even the lottery is cutting back. It should be the opposite though sinc u hear so much about lotteries still doing well while us po folk chase the almighty dollar.

I was ready to invest - literally- in the new millionaire jumbo game til I checked the tnlottery remaining prizes. Thanks so much blackdave!

Instead I invested in the tn millionaire game and won $130 on 2 diff tickets. Turned around and lost it all and then some after that but that's another story.

For shame they only offer 4 millionaire prizes on mill. Jumbo. I think I'll stick to the peer amounts now. Giant jumbo seems to be the best bet.

And the prizes where there's only 1 left--does that mean they are contenders for the next Play it again?

Even the giant jumbos suck.

Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86740
                  February 9, 2010
                  479 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2010, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Ive never hit for more than $20 on the Giant Jumbos.

Seems like 1000 used to hit on those quite a bit but I never see it now.

Morgan, TN
                    United States
                    Member #83248
                    December 2, 2009
                    1078 Posts
                    Posted: February 15, 2010, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Yea no prob Theotherone...Yea pcurtis is right they are getting harder to win of of but thats the only scratcher i have luck with i jus hit it for $100 two days ago... and those millionaire jumbos are garbage TN millionaire still has 7 1-million dollar prizes and the new jumbos didnt even have 5 thats pathetic...The five dollar jumbos aint much better the most ive won on those is probly 5 bucks or a ticket..so i jus stick with my two dollar jumbos.....

Do any of ya'll enter the play it again drawings????

Well i tell ya between me and my fiance i bet we entered over 1,500 Non Winning Tickets and didnt get crab i will never do that again Entering one i guess is as good as thousands.... i thought it might would increase my odds but no it didnt...I had three different stores saving the non winning tickets for me and i didnt win nothing.....

Nashville, TN
                      United States
                      Member #86740
                      February 9, 2010
                      479 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2010, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

I enter the ones I get...not sure why though, I dont think it would ever amount to anything.

I wish they held drawings more often, or at least threw in some extra bonus drawings like they did one time (several extra 1000 prizes or something it looks like).

OVerall I am glad they offer it--many states do not.

As for the site showing the remaining prizes... I love this, but I wish they would show more detail. They only show the top 3. I wish it would drill down to as far as 100 and 500. For instance, I would like to see how many are left on the TN Millionaire.