Welcome Guest
The time is now 8:22 am
You last visited July 24, 2014, 8:21 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotteries in other countries

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Cancun
Mexico
Member #86751
February 9, 2010
4 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2010, 12:32 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, this is my first post,

I think this subject may have been posted before, regarding lotteries in other countries, like Italy's superEnalotto, Euromillions, and others, which have HUGE jackpots.

Since I am not an  EU resident, and I can't travel to Europe, it is not possible for me to play in those games, but I have found several websites that offer to  place bets for anyone opening an account and paying the tickets (at an inflated price), promising to "transfer" the money to those fortunate enough to "win."

My questions are, are these web sites safe, reputable? If I win something will they honor it? Or are all of them scams, keeping my money for years and never buying tickets, since the chances of my winning anything are close to zero, it is a good bet for them.

Thank you very much.?

locobahama's avatar - white face.jpg
    Nassau
    Bahamas
    Member #83132
    November 29, 2009
    357 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Scam brother, big scam, end of subject. they dont know you, you dont know them, why the hell should they pay, are you gonna sue them,  lol, nuff said.

"Show me the money" 

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2010, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Please dont mind what i have to say: There were a couple of sentences that you said that had me thinking...

They charge like: $100 for 6 months: if 300,000 people each pay: $100 every 6 months it will be: 60 million in 1 year...In 4 years it will be: $220 million...What they could be doing: take the $220 million placed it in the bank at: 5% it will be: 11 million they make per year...noticed that they say that they will play: $1-3 tickets for you per week...The odds that: 300,000 people EACH will win Powerball with: 1 or 2 tickets betting year after year decade after decade it can not happen...So they keep the $220 million as INSURANCE...Powerball pays: normally: $20 to $60 million on average few times more...If someone from the 300,000 group of people win they already have: $220 million if by a miracle they happen to win is more than likely is going to be a: $30 or 40 million dollar jackpot and it will only happen once in a 10 year period IF IT DOES HAPPEN....They continue to stack up: 60 million per year and make money off of the interest...Anything happens they get sue or ask to return the money they can return it and they made money off of the interests...They pay the $30 million to the winner Powerball jackpot winner and they stacked up: 60 x 10 years = $600 million....Plus $30 million which is the interests of 600 million so $30 million x 10 years = 300 million...That they made and if they have to return the: $600 million they return it and they still made money.... 

And remember the $100 dollars per 6 months is PER GAME...So if there are: 40 types of games and 300,000 people playing 1 or 2 tickets per game then it will be: 40 x 600 = 24 billion dollars...And they will make: $300 million x 40 = 12 billion...

I am not saying they are doing it all i am saying is could happen...

Again hypothetically speaking....Again nothing happens they are paying you if you win...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        2782 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2010, 5:59 am - IP Logged

there is a european lotto syndicate that i believe do buy the tickets, they also run it as a pyramid marketting scheme so its even less profitble for us " end users " they have been around for ages, but i wont name em because i dont like their pyramid scheme component.

it basically means talk 5 pals into joining so you get your entry for free. dunno about you, but i dont do that to my pals.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85;

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2010, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

there is a european lotto syndicate that i believe do buy the tickets, they also run it as a pyramid marketting scheme so its even less profitble for us " end users " they have been around for ages, but i wont name em because i dont like their pyramid scheme component.

it basically means talk 5 pals into joining so you get your entry for free. dunno about you, but i dont do that to my pals.

that stuff you be banned...How will you like that: 90% or 95% of the lotto jackpots in your country were won by a vast syndicate....You come up with a system to crack the lotto the FBI, Scotland yard whatever wants to investigate yet if you try your system it will not win so many jackpots, yet this vast syndicate (different from a pool) win 95% or 98% of Euromillions Jackpots...I never liked the idea...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Cancun
            Mexico
            Member #86751
            February 9, 2010
            4 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2010, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

Another issue I am worried about is (in the astronomically remote situation of my winnning some money), when playing in the SuperEnalotto, or other European national lottery, winning will be through one of these "agents," that may or may not be properly authorized by the lottery organization in question, which ultimately pay the prize money. There might be a situation to explain, running against the organization's regulations, or something, and they may well refuse to pay.

The lottery agents I am talking about are not pyramid schemes, but intermediaries that allow a person not located in the country in which the lottery is run to pick numbers, then they buy the ticket for him, keep it, and if the ticket wins the draw they are supposed to transfer the money to that person.

I don't know if it's forbidden on this forum to name one of these intermediaries, (I think I am in the safe side for not posting the link) but there is one that looks both popular and legitimate, theLotter, which is located in the United Kingdom. Of course I am not connected to it in any way, I just found it in a search.

There are a lot others which operate in countries like Costa Rica and Nevis, offshore jurisdictions that allow them to run any scam from there and never be sued or closed down, no matter what.

I would like to know your opinion on these matters.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2010, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Another issue I am worried about is (in the astronomically remote situation of my winnning some money), when playing in the SuperEnalotto, or other European national lottery, winning will be through one of these "agents," that may or may not be properly authorized by the lottery organization in question, which ultimately pay the prize money. There might be a situation to explain, running against the organization's regulations, or something, and they may well refuse to pay.

The lottery agents I am talking about are not pyramid schemes, but intermediaries that allow a person not located in the country in which the lottery is run to pick numbers, then they buy the ticket for him, keep it, and if the ticket wins the draw they are supposed to transfer the money to that person.

I don't know if it's forbidden on this forum to name one of these intermediaries, (I think I am in the safe side for not posting the link) but there is one that looks both popular and legitimate, theLotter, which is located in the United Kingdom. Of course I am not connected to it in any way, I just found it in a search.

There are a lot others which operate in countries like Costa Rica and Nevis, offshore jurisdictions that allow them to run any scam from there and never be sued or closed down, no matter what.

I would like to know your opinion on these matters.

Maybe stay away from any such things.

You on Mexico already have 2 sources of lottery games, be happy with them.

Here we only have 1, that is one state and 1 source of games.

But maybe I would stay with Pronosticos if I was you.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                21436 Posts
                Posted: February 11, 2010, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Well, I'll go ahead and say it:  Avoid anything called "eLottery".  Do not even think about joining it.

It is a huge pyramid scam, and if you are enough of a sucker to join it you will end up doing a lot of work for absolutely no profit, ever.  It is worse than a waste of time -- it is a scam designed to pass money up to the owners, and that's it.

There are lots and lots of web sites that will show up in Google under "buy lottery tickets" or "online lottery" or whatever.  Many of them are "eLottery" affiliate sites, so even if the domain name is not "eLottery", it is still a scam.  Most of them at least have an eLottery logo somewhere on the page so you can identify it -- most of the time.

Fortunately people in the USA no longer have a burning need to play online, now that Powerball and Mega Millions are offered in most states.  For everyone else around the world, at least you can use betslips.com.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Cancun
                  Mexico
                  Member #86751
                  February 9, 2010
                  4 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2010, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate your well-intentioned comments, and I recognize that the scam potential for these operations is unlimited.

quote:

"You on Mexico already have 2 sources of lottery games, be happy with them.

But maybe I would stay with Pronosticos if I was you."

There are 3 sources of lottery games, 2 goverment-run and 1 privately owned, I don't trust any of them (and they offer rather small prizes, by the way).

When I came to live in Mexico I couldn't believe the extent of corruption in this country, most people from other countries that came to vacation here in this nice tourist town of Cancun don't belive it either. Everyone even remotely connected to the government is absolutely corrupt and a sociopath. They steal whatever they could get their filthy paws on, taxes, drug trafficking... How could sources of money so readily available as lotteries could be any different?

The brazen faced crooks running the Pronosticos only have to wait for the draws to close, then they check out the numbers nobody picked, print a ticket or two for their pals or their bosses, and wait for the next day to pocket the money.

I think most lotteries all over the word can fall by the wayside like this.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2010, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I appreciate your well-intentioned comments, and I recognize that the scam potential for these operations is unlimited.

quote:

"You on Mexico already have 2 sources of lottery games, be happy with them.

But maybe I would stay with Pronosticos if I was you."

There are 3 sources of lottery games, 2 goverment-run and 1 privately owned, I don't trust any of them (and they offer rather small prizes, by the way).

When I came to live in Mexico I couldn't believe the extent of corruption in this country, most people from other countries that came to vacation here in this nice tourist town of Cancun don't belive it either. Everyone even remotely connected to the government is absolutely corrupt and a sociopath. They steal whatever they could get their filthy paws on, taxes, drug trafficking... How could sources of money so readily available as lotteries could be any different?

The brazen faced crooks running the Pronosticos only have to wait for the draws to close, then they check out the numbers nobody picked, print a ticket or two for their pals or their bosses, and wait for the next day to pocket the money.

I think most lotteries all over the word can fall by the wayside like this.

What you say is very likely true.

But the same probably applies to all or to most all other countries.

I think that it is very much the same here, nobody seems to want to believe it here either.

By the way, lotteries and governments don't have to be the only ones corrupted, such is pretty much all over everywhere.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."