Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:36 pm
You last visited November 24, 2014, 7:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How often have you won with Pick 4?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by gunjack.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86740
February 9, 2010
478 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

First off, I am still pretty new to this site, but I am VERY new to pick  4.

I tried for the last 3 weeks on Thursday to play but the nightly drawing was in effect so I missed (no sweat though as I would have lost anyway :) ).

But this past thursday I hit the lucky sum for a whopping $18. I was stoked!

So I am wondering how often folks win anything on pick 4 and is it from the numbers themselves or from lucky sum?

Also, what does it mean to 'box' the numbers?

By the way, I regularly play pick 5, MM and PB in Tn, and sometimes scratch offs so I am familiar with those, I just dont win near as much.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
    Stone Mountain, GA
    United States
    Member #3189
    January 1, 2004
    22542 Posts
    Posted: April 17, 2010, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

I tried for the last 3 weeks on Thursday to play but the nightly drawing was in effect so I missed (no sweat though as I would have lost anyway :) ).

So I am wondering how often folks win anything on pick 4 and is it from the numbers themselves or from lucky sum?

By the way, I regularly play pick 5, MM and PB in Tn, and sometimes scratch offs so I am familiar with those, I just dont win near as much.

Congrats on your hit.

We don't have lucky sum in GA so my hits have come from the number itself. 

To "box" a number means that if you play 1234 and you have $1 str/box on it and it falls 4321, you still win.  In GA that would get you $100.  If you played 1234 $1 str and it falls 4321, you get nothing because you played it straight and it didn't fall straight.

Pick a couple of numbers that mean something to you and ride 'em for a few days.  Birth year, house number, car tag etc...  I've hit my dad's year, my year, one of my sister's birthdays, a quad etc.

GOOD LUCK!!! See Ya!

P.S.  I see you're in TN which has computerized drawings.  I used to play on my way through to AR, but I quit once they went to computerized.  Again, GOOD LUCK!

jrosina's avatar - k3 34.jpg
      New York,
      Panama
      Member #73078
      April 4, 2009
      3483 Posts
      Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Or right here, you can go to the Pick 4 forums and look at Calabs predictions or Lottolaugh or some others and look at what their workout numbers for your state shows, and more often they will provide you a win.

This is better than just depending on birthday numbers, or plate numbers and the like. 

I win more often since I have been a member here, I have learned to perfect my number History search, you would be surpriced how often we win!! 

Only I would advice you to upgrade to gold or platinum as soon as you are able, so you can  gain access to more tools that will help you.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Viva La Chance!
        Rockville, MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5025 Posts
        Posted: April 17, 2010, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

The best thing to do is to understand the odds,  overall BOXED/VS/STRAIGHT to hit straight is 1 in 10000, period no matter what,  the number it has to be in order.  Hitting box differs in the number of possible combos so the odds change if 1234 = ABCD the box odds are 1 in 417 since there are 24 possible box combos from a pick 4 with 4 differing numbers, if you have 1233= ABCC (a double) 12 possible combos the box odds are 1 in 833 and the payout is higher per dollar depending on the state, then you have a 1122 = AABB (a double double) the odds are 6 possible combos 1 in 1667 odds then the triple 1222 = ABBB )(a triple) possible combos 4 odds are 1 in 2500. And of course straight 1111 = AAAA (a straight) odds 1 in 10000.

It doesn't matter what box you play but depending on the possible amount of combos determines the payout the lower the possible combos the higher the odds and payout. 

I hope this helps.  I go by historical statistics.  I'll take a look at your state and suggest a couple of numbers.  Good luck!

Nashville, TN
          United States
          Member #86740
          February 9, 2010
          478 Posts
          Posted: April 21, 2010, 1:07 am - IP Logged

The best thing to do is to understand the odds,  overall BOXED/VS/STRAIGHT to hit straight is 1 in 10000, period no matter what,  the number it has to be in order.  Hitting box differs in the number of possible combos so the odds change if 1234 = ABCD the box odds are 1 in 417 since there are 24 possible box combos from a pick 4 with 4 differing numbers, if you have 1233= ABCC (a double) 12 possible combos the box odds are 1 in 833 and the payout is higher per dollar depending on the state, then you have a 1122 = AABB (a double double) the odds are 6 possible combos 1 in 1667 odds then the triple 1222 = ABBB )(a triple) possible combos 4 odds are 1 in 2500. And of course straight 1111 = AAAA (a straight) odds 1 in 10000.

It doesn't matter what box you play but depending on the possible amount of combos determines the payout the lower the possible combos the higher the odds and payout. 

I hope this helps.  I go by historical statistics.  I'll take a look at your state and suggest a couple of numbers.  Good luck!

Thanks everybody.

So exact I understand -- thats where 1234 has to be exactly in that order.

Then does 'box' just mean it is 'any' order? are those one and the same?

also, I am confused by the lottery slip showing 4 different payouts when I select 'any or exact order' something like 100/200/400/600. Seems like it mentions something about the placement of the numbers?

Does this mean if I chose 1234 and the winning number is 1243 -- do I get a little more because the 1 and 2 are in the same spot?

Nashville, TN
            United States
            Member #86740
            February 9, 2010
            478 Posts
            Posted: April 21, 2010, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Congrats on your hit.

We don't have lucky sum in GA so my hits have come from the number itself. 

To "box" a number means that if you play 1234 and you have $1 str/box on it and it falls 4321, you still win.  In GA that would get you $100.  If you played 1234 $1 str and it falls 4321, you get nothing because you played it straight and it didn't fall straight.

Pick a couple of numbers that mean something to you and ride 'em for a few days.  Birth year, house number, car tag etc...  I've hit my dad's year, my year, one of my sister's birthdays, a quad etc.

GOOD LUCK!!! See Ya!

P.S.  I see you're in TN which has computerized drawings.  I used to play on my way through to AR, but I quit once they went to computerized.  Again, GOOD LUCK!

thanks Toney725.

The computerized drawings certainly dont make me happy, but I will take what I can. I just hope they have some good auditors on their @$$es that arent paid off!

GA has much better payout on the scratch offs, and KY is TERRIBLE with payout, so I feel like TN is a happy medium. TN scratchoffs are good though.

Jrosina: I appreciate the input. I am starting to try and learn who to watch -- there are so many here it seems, especially across the different gaming levels.

And I absolutely swear to upgrade my membership once I am able (no doubt when a good hit comes in)!

Thanks for the input, and good luck to you as well!

Stone Mountain, GA
              United States
              Member #3189
              January 1, 2004
              22542 Posts
              Posted: April 21, 2010, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everybody.

So exact I understand -- thats where 1234 has to be exactly in that order.

Then does 'box' just mean it is 'any' order? are those one and the same?

also, I am confused by the lottery slip showing 4 different payouts when I select 'any or exact order' something like 100/200/400/600. Seems like it mentions something about the placement of the numbers?

Does this mean if I chose 1234 and the winning number is 1243 -- do I get a little more because the 1 and 2 are in the same spot?

Box = any order.

Using 1234, 1134, 1133 & 1113 as examples.

If you play 1234 str/box and it falls 1324, you win $100 (24 way combo)

If you play 1134 str/box and it falls 4311, you win $200 (1 double)

If you play 1133 str/box and it falls 3311, you win $400 (double/double)

If you play 1113 str/box and it falls 3111, you win $600 (triple)

Nashville, TN
                United States
                Member #86740
                February 9, 2010
                478 Posts
                Posted: April 21, 2010, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Box = any order.

Using 1234, 1134, 1133 & 1113 as examples.

If you play 1234 str/box and it falls 1324, you win $100 (24 way combo)

If you play 1134 str/box and it falls 4311, you win $200 (1 double)

If you play 1133 str/box and it falls 3311, you win $400 (double/double)

If you play 1113 str/box and it falls 3111, you win $600 (triple)

ok, I think I see.

so what if you play 2341 and it falls 1324? Is that still $100?

Or if you play 1311 and it falls 3111, what does that get?

I am starting to see it has a lot to do with placement of the numbers.

Thanks for explaining, I feel like such a dumbx, but I have just never seen this explained or 'in motion' so to speak.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  16700 Posts
                  Posted: April 21, 2010, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Any other order than what you bet the number straight as...gets the boxed payout - you must play both straight and boxed.

If you say I want 1234 straight, it MUST come 1234 for the straight $2,500 win.

Stone Mountain, GA
                    United States
                    Member #3189
                    January 1, 2004
                    22542 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

ok, I think I see.

so what if you play 2341 and it falls 1324? Is that still $100?

Or if you play 1311 and it falls 3111, what does that get?

I am starting to see it has a lot to do with placement of the numbers.

Thanks for explaining, I feel like such a dumbx, but I have just never seen this explained or 'in motion' so to speak.

1st question: Yes, if you play 2341 and it falls 1324 and you have it str/box, you still get $100

2nd question: If you play 1311 and it falls 3111 and you have it str/box, you still get $600

Grasshopper, One cannot gain knowledge if one never ask a question. Cool

gunjack's avatar - images2K9C59PD
                      ohio
                      United States
                      Member #5030
                      June 11, 2004
                      16342 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2010, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

how about for ohio?