Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:47 am
You last visited October 24, 2014, 3:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reminder for New Members

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
akron
United States
Member #85050
January 7, 2010
1 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2010, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

ok

setaghw's avatar - animal bear.jpg
    Morganton, NC
    United States
    Member #72563
    March 21, 2009
    47 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2010, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

tood, this is setag italker to joker and a couple of people they asked about a system i told them it did not work for me is that wrong . setag

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      21582 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2010, 9:45 am - IP Logged

Just want to make sure.......it is OK for me to include MY email address on an email and online post if I want somebody to communicate with me? 

Or I can only include my email when I reply to a PM?

The whole point is that spammer can't send people their e-mail address.  The system has no way of knowing if you're a good guy or a spammer, right?  So if the system allowed new members to send their own e-mail addresses, there would be no spam protection.

No links or e-mail addresses, including your own e-mail address, are allowed to be posted on the forums or blogs, or sent via PM, by new members.

I know I've said this a million times, but I'll say it again:  This restriction gets lifted once you get promoted by the system.  Promotions happen automatically -- I am not involved in promoting people.

If you have questions about promotions (rankings), see the FAQ topic in the Help forum.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        16531 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2010, 10:20 am - IP Logged

What is so hard to understand here new people?

Don't post links to websites and don't post email addresses here on the forums, in your blogs, in your private messages if you are a new member.

That is certainly not hard to grasp and has been explained perfectly already. It's all there. Read it. It's all black and white, stop making it grey.

Broulir32's avatar - 112

United States
          Member #67381
          November 24, 2008
          280 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2010, 11:42 am - IP Logged

The best way to get is:
           Listen and do as TODD tells u or he will kick u out of LP faster then ur mom spank u when u were a child.

P.S
          Todd awesome updates on LP

"If you can't explain something simply, you simply don't understand it" Albert Einstein

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #49980
            February 21, 2007
            28771 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2010, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Just wanted to say, people will change there name. I don't know how they do it?? I try to do it once and I couldn't LOL!!  I didn't want no one to know who I was?? People change there name all the time. I am just saying!!!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Liber8tor's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              Ft. Myers,Florida
              United States
              Member #83878
              December 17, 2009
              35 Posts
              Posted: June 16, 2010, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Ruh Rho.. I put a link on for You Tube.  You mean we can't put links any links at all?  I will try and erase the you tube.   I thought it was harmless.

"In Lotto... the trend is your friend.."

TheGameGrl's avatar - necros
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                3123 Posts
                Posted: June 19, 2010, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

What is so hard to understand here new people?

Don't post links to websites and don't post email addresses here on the forums, in your blogs, in your private messages if you are a new member.

That is certainly not hard to grasp and has been explained perfectly already. It's all there. Read it. It's all black and white, stop making it grey.

This is an international website, english may not be their mother tongue. It takes what it takes to have clarification.

Best to ask in some matters and this is one of them.

Signature quote-If I'd agree with you , we'd both be wrong.

ressuccess's avatar - WhiteShyGuy

United States
                  Member #93166
                  June 23, 2010
                  835 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2010, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Lately there have been a rash of new members trying to send e-mail addresses and links, both on the forums and through private messaging.

As a reminder, please don't do that.  The system will automatically suspend your account if you do.

Also, members who have been here for a while, don't ask new members to send their e-mail address to you.

As soon as they comply with your request, they are going to get suspended.  If you are so trusting of a new member that you want to privately communicate to them, then you send them YOUR address.

Finally, new members: if someone sends you a message containing a link or an e-mail address through the private message system, do not reply directly to that message.  That's because the system will naturally include a copy of their private message in your reply, and therefore your reply will contain the link or e-mail address that they sent you -- and you will get suspended by the system as soon as you send it.

In this case, either send a NEW message (not reply) to the person, or else make sure you delete all the old text from the reply before you type your reply and send it.

Why is all this important?

The reason Lottery Post has been around for 10 years now is because we have no-spam policies like this, and the technology to back it up.  In fact, the no-link and no-e-mail policies for new members are for YOUR protection, and they have practically eliminated spam from our site.  You wouldn't believe the number of spammers that are automatically detected and silently eliminated by the system every single day.

This stringent system simply means that as a new member you need to be careful with anything you post or send, that it does not contain any link or e-mail address.

Importantly, don't think you can hide a link by putting "dot com" in it, or a bunch of spaces or something.  Anyone who can get away with doing that can already post links because they have been promoted.  As a new member, if YOU try it, you will get suspended.

Hello Todd. I will follow your instructions.

jrosina's avatar - k3 34.jpg
                    New York,
                    Panama
                    Member #73078
                    April 4, 2009
                    3482 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2010, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Hello Todd. I will follow your instructions.

Wow, ressuccess!! It's that simple....I'm right there with you! 

It's that simple... I love uncomplicated People!!!  I will do the same, since the Lottery Post is not in another language, people here do understand Ingles, with a tilde over the "e"...Spanish for English..!!! 

LOL...Unless TODD want to open an Greek Loterry Post, and a Arabian Lottery Post and  a Mandarin Lottery Post...LOL...LOL..Just having Fun...Smile

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      28771 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2010, 10:12 am - IP Logged

Ok, TODD, keep up the good work!  I am sure they understand now!! Now let's make some money!!!PartyUS FlagWhite Bounce

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

krissy2's avatar - yocco

United States
                        Member #73055
                        April 4, 2009
                        145 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2010, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Yes hi,Todd I alos got a message from Acekicka and he/she wanted me to e/mail her back is this ok to do ??

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          21582 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2010, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Yes hi,Todd I alos got a message from Acekicka and he/she wanted me to e/mail her back is this ok to do ??

It is completely up to you if you want to e-mail someone.  Just keep in mind that you are giving your private e-mail address to anyone you send e-mail to, so if you don't know them well, you may want to proceed with caution (if at all).

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                            Member #54772
                            August 29, 2007
                            74 Posts
                            Posted: June 27, 2010, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I am considered a new member even though I've been registered some years now. So what if I get a message from a standard or platinum member with a link or email request? I just want to be super clear. I don't even know why I am replying to you when I really wanted to get Todd.Bang Head

United States
                              Member #54772
                              August 29, 2007
                              74 Posts
                              Posted: June 27, 2010, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey Todd,

I understand you don't want your site bombarded with spam. You never can be to careful in these times. But I have actually asked someone to send me their email address not knowing the seriousness of it all. I do know that someones computer may be infected with a virus that can be emailed to you, but that's why it's important to have anti-virus software.

I am not a computer wiz or even close. I try to be as honest as possible. I just ask for an email so I can add them to my contacts list. But if someone with a platinum membership ask/send me an email and I reply, I get kicked out of the network? I just want to be clear for future reference.