Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:59 pm
You last visited July 29, 2014, 10:57 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reminder for New Members

Topic closed. 63 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Todd.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
21445 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2010, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

I have answered all these questions very clearly.  Please read my messages again.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #54772
    August 29, 2007
    74 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2010, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I have learned a very valuble lesson today trying to reply back to Harve$t Moon's message. I asked the question will I get kicked out the system if I replied to a platinum members message with a link or email address in it? And Harve$t Moon explaned to me that you have to have at least a blue bar under your profile. but he used the other dreaded word you mentioned before about trying to get away with sending a link  by using the word of the links extention address. I then without thinking I replied to the message and got this warning:

Operation Stopped:  You attempted to post a link or e-mail address

Lottery Post detected that you attempted to post a link to a Web site or an e-mail address.  New members are not permitted to post links or e-mail addresses, because most often when a new member posts a link or e-mail address, they are a SPAMMER trying to direct people to a scam or other commercial Web site.

Lottery Post only issues one (1) Link Warning.  As a new member, if you attempt to post any further links or e-mail addresses, your Lottery Post account will be permanently suspended.  Lottery Post has recorded your attempted post, along with information regarding your Internet connection, in case we are required to notify your ISP of SPAM activities.

If you are suspended due to a link violation and subsequently attempt to create new memberships at Lottery Post, we will notify your ISP for investigation.

Take note that we consider an attempt to circumvent our link detection system to be as much of a violation as directly posting a clickable link.  So if you try removing the active hyperlink (leaving just the text of the link), or if you try altering the text so it doesn't appear to be a Web address — or even if you try hinting at a Web address such as "Go to Google and type _____" — then you obviously know that what you are doing is against the site rules, and we will immediately disable your membership at Lottery Post.

If you have innocently posted a link or e-mail address without intent to spam the forums, nothing has happened to your Lottery Post membership, other than a record that we have issue you a warning.  Please just talk about the subject you had in mind without trying to direct people to a Web site.  Or instead of trying to post an e-mail address, ask people to send you a private message (using Lottery Post's Private Message system).

As you continue participating in the forums your membership will be automatically promoted by our system.  Once that happens, your link restriction will loosen significantly, and you will be permitted to post links to non-commercial web sites, if appropriate to the discussion topic.

If you have questions, you can write to the Lottery Post Administrator.

If you are a SPAMMER, it is my sincere hope that one day someone of your ilk tries to deface and destroy something dear and precious to you, just as you are attempting to do to Lottery Post.

This is for anyone that needs further explaination. If you don't have any blue bars don't reply to any messages that has words indicated. I now know that you can get kicked out( or in my case issued a warning) the system for replying to a message from an elite or platinum member.

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str
      How easy can it get?
      United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      6132 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2010, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I have learned a very valuble lesson today trying to reply back to Harve$t Moon's message. I asked the question will I get kicked out the system if I replied to a platinum members message with a link or email address in it? And Harve$t Moon explaned to me that you have to have at least a blue bar under your profile. but he used the other dreaded word you mentioned before about trying to get away with sending a link  by using the word of the links extention address. I then without thinking I replied to the message and got this warning:

Operation Stopped:  You attempted to post a link or e-mail address

Lottery Post detected that you attempted to post a link to a Web site or an e-mail address.  New members are not permitted to post links or e-mail addresses, because most often when a new member posts a link or e-mail address, they are a SPAMMER trying to direct people to a scam or other commercial Web site.

Lottery Post only issues one (1) Link Warning.  As a new member, if you attempt to post any further links or e-mail addresses, your Lottery Post account will be permanently suspended.  Lottery Post has recorded your attempted post, along with information regarding your Internet connection, in case we are required to notify your ISP of SPAM activities.

If you are suspended due to a link violation and subsequently attempt to create new memberships at Lottery Post, we will notify your ISP for investigation.

Take note that we consider an attempt to circumvent our link detection system to be as much of a violation as directly posting a clickable link.  So if you try removing the active hyperlink (leaving just the text of the link), or if you try altering the text so it doesn't appear to be a Web address — or even if you try hinting at a Web address such as "Go to Google and type _____" — then you obviously know that what you are doing is against the site rules, and we will immediately disable your membership at Lottery Post.

If you have innocently posted a link or e-mail address without intent to spam the forums, nothing has happened to your Lottery Post membership, other than a record that we have issue you a warning.  Please just talk about the subject you had in mind without trying to direct people to a Web site.  Or instead of trying to post an e-mail address, ask people to send you a private message (using Lottery Post's Private Message system).

As you continue participating in the forums your membership will be automatically promoted by our system.  Once that happens, your link restriction will loosen significantly, and you will be permitted to post links to non-commercial web sites, if appropriate to the discussion topic.

If you have questions, you can write to the Lottery Post Administrator.

If you are a SPAMMER, it is my sincere hope that one day someone of your ilk tries to deface and destroy something dear and precious to you, just as you are attempting to do to Lottery Post.

This is for anyone that needs further explaination. If you don't have any blue bars don't reply to any messages that has words indicated. I now know that you can get kicked out( or in my case issued a warning) the system for replying to a message from an elite or platinum member.

What is interesting is that I did not send any of those things to press on for any type of connecting function to this member.  He told me that just using a particular word in a sentence caused him problems, when he attempted to reply to me.  He got a warning from a purely innocent communication exchange explaining the rules.  I suggested that he contact the Admin using the "Contact Us" feature.  Sorry about that, Reggie Numbers!

Also, I'm a female. Sun Smiley The word was blue dot or cube. So I have learned something, too.  I hope others will be very careful, too.  Let's make some green money!!!  That's why we are all here, right?

8♦K♠
      KeyPad System  Win with Magic  “Love the life you live.  Live the life you love.” ~ Bob Marley
      "How you do anything is how you do everything." ~ T. Harv Eker

United States
        Member #54772
        August 29, 2007
        74 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2010, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

What is interesting is that I did not send any of those things to press on for any type of connecting function to this member.  He told me that just using a particular word in a sentence caused him problems, when he attempted to reply to me.  He got a warning from a purely innocent communication exchange explaining the rules.  I suggested that he contact the Admin using the "Contact Us" feature.  Sorry about that, Reggie Numbers!

Also, I'm a female. Sun Smiley The word was blue dot or cube. So I have learned something, too.  I hope others will be very careful, too.  Let's make some green money!!!  That's why we are all here, right?

You are indeed Riiiiiiiiight. Thanks again for making it that much clearer the word I was speaking of in the message. I didn't want to get booted from the system for posting that word. i am comfortable knowing we have got that out of the way. I look forward to future chats with you Harve$t Moon.

Thanks again!Cheers

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          21445 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

I would rather not have new members dissect their flagged messages on the public forums. 

Your message was flagged because you were sent a link, and you replied to it.  This is exactly what I said would happen here.  I am dumbfounded by the constant act of surprise when this happens.

The link was at the bottom of the message.  Apparently Harve$t Moon copied and pasted an image from Google's image cache, and the image contained a link around it.  You then replied to it and got flagged.

How about saying how great the system is at catching links, and how wonderful it is to be on a forum that values the ability to interact with each other without wading hip-deep in endless spam, like all the other lottery sites out there?  That would be nice to hear for a switch.

United States
            Member #54772
            August 29, 2007
            74 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2010, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I would rather not have new members dissect their flagged messages on the public forums. 

Your message was flagged because you were sent a link, and you replied to it.  This is exactly what I said would happen here.  I am dumbfounded by the constant act of surprise when this happens.

The link was at the bottom of the message.  Apparently Harve$t Moon copied and pasted an image from Google's image cache, and the image contained a link around it.  You then replied to it and got flagged.

How about saying how great the system is at catching links, and how wonderful it is to be on a forum that values the ability to interact with each other without wading hip-deep in endless spam, like all the other lottery sites out there?  That would be nice to hear for a switch.

Thank you Todd for clearing that up. We do appreciate your hard work in making sure we can interact without the Spam. I was only trying to explain to others a honest mistake when posting the flag message...Surrender I didn't mean any harm...We good? I hope so! And we do appreciate a great site for the serious lottery player looking to interact with others in peace...so take it easy and try not to get so frustrated.

Everyone let's give it up to Todd on a job well done!Thumbs Up

Party

United States
              Member #54772
              August 29, 2007
              74 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2010, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I mean, really, thank you. I am still learning...We all are!Hiding Behind Computer

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str
                How easy can it get?
                United States
                Member #76986
                July 10, 2009
                6132 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Oh, now I see the error.  I copied and pasted a picture of a pretty flower at the end of my message to Reggie Numbers! I would not have guess that little flower would cause all this commotion. This is enlightening! I would have NEVER realized that fact without this discussion.

@Todd, 

I  respectfully disagree with you. I think that people learn from this type of discussion.  I just did.  By fixing basic rules problems out in the open with full notice to everyone, people become aware and then KNOW the rules. This eliminates much unnecessay confusion and guessing. When people keep stuff to themselves, it keeps others from benefiting from that experience. We are not airing dirty laundry with these discussions.  We all want a friendly safe place to exchange ideas. Your filters and triggers keep out potential problem makers ... that is a well designed and oiled system.  In my humble opinion, it is too good!  It makes it little difficult for the new or average computer user, who may be used to communicating in the internet in a casual way to negotiate the LP newbie period. People with different language skills (foreign or american) can be really challenged, regardless as to how many times you explain it.  The WARNINGS are startling and not very warm and fuzzy. When one is new in the neighborhood, they must learn to find their way around. When they read informative discussions about how this forum is run, then everyone benefits.  You, Todd, are then spared having to talk about this over and over again... ad nauseum.  We can just send people to the topics that fully explain the situations in question. 

Yes, I like this forum. I don't have another gambling related forum to compare it with, though. This is the only one that I visited or joined. I'm learning to use the tools that come with my premium membership.  I think that the lottery officials, who may be members, must truly enjoy using your amazing lottery tools, also.  I suspect that the lottery commissions don't provide systems with your sophistication in programming and problem solving to their lottery personnel. Anyway, this was meant to be a short and quick reply. 

Todd, from the Internet reviews, your forum is the best of its kind!  I will repeat that I think open discussions on the basic rules is alkalizing, healthy and productive. It saves time and keeps the stress levels of everyone concerned ... neutral.

Respectfully,

Harve$t Moon

Don't click on this flower,

if you are a new member.

Just enjoy looking at it.

Don't copy and paste anything

from the internet in any of your

posts, until the system promotes

you by putting a blue dot / cube

under your name / avator.

God Bless!

Let's go win that money!

8♦K♠
                KeyPad System  Win with Magic  “Love the life you live.  Live the life you love.” ~ Bob Marley
                "How you do anything is how you do everything." ~ T. Harv Eker

United States
                  Member #60014
                  April 3, 2008
                  720 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2010, 1:15 am - IP Logged

Can we hear an "Amen"?I Agree!

Patriot

`|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|`

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    21445 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2010, 7:35 am - IP Logged

Oh, now I see the error.  I copied and pasted a picture of a pretty flower at the end of my message to Reggie Numbers! I would not have guess that little flower would cause all this commotion. This is enlightening! I would have NEVER realized that fact without this discussion.

@Todd, 

I  respectfully disagree with you. I think that people learn from this type of discussion.  I just did.  By fixing basic rules problems out in the open with full notice to everyone, people become aware and then KNOW the rules. This eliminates much unnecessay confusion and guessing. When people keep stuff to themselves, it keeps others from benefiting from that experience. We are not airing dirty laundry with these discussions.  We all want a friendly safe place to exchange ideas. Your filters and triggers keep out potential problem makers ... that is a well designed and oiled system.  In my humble opinion, it is too good!  It makes it little difficult for the new or average computer user, who may be used to communicating in the internet in a casual way to negotiate the LP newbie period. People with different language skills (foreign or american) can be really challenged, regardless as to how many times you explain it.  The WARNINGS are startling and not very warm and fuzzy. When one is new in the neighborhood, they must learn to find their way around. When they read informative discussions about how this forum is run, then everyone benefits.  You, Todd, are then spared having to talk about this over and over again... ad nauseum.  We can just send people to the topics that fully explain the situations in question. 

Yes, I like this forum. I don't have another gambling related forum to compare it with, though. This is the only one that I visited or joined. I'm learning to use the tools that come with my premium membership.  I think that the lottery officials, who may be members, must truly enjoy using your amazing lottery tools, also.  I suspect that the lottery commissions don't provide systems with your sophistication in programming and problem solving to their lottery personnel. Anyway, this was meant to be a short and quick reply. 

Todd, from the Internet reviews, your forum is the best of its kind!  I will repeat that I think open discussions on the basic rules is alkalizing, healthy and productive. It saves time and keeps the stress levels of everyone concerned ... neutral.

Respectfully,

Harve$t Moon

Don't click on this flower,

if you are a new member.

Just enjoy looking at it.

Don't copy and paste anything

from the internet in any of your

posts, until the system promotes

you by putting a blue dot / cube

under your name / avator.

God Bless!

Let's go win that money!

Clicking on the image is not a problem for anyone.  In fact, including the image itself in a message is no problem for anyone, including new members.

Including the link that you have wrapped around the image is what will trigger the system.  Take the link away, and it's fine.

That's why the Unlink button is on the toolbar.  It removes the link from whatever is highlighted in the editor.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      16148 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2010, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I can't remember ever needing to learn so much...especially when it's all there for everyone to read and it's crystal clear to boot.

Reggie, rather than force an ongoing personal instruction session and refresher course on whats' already been explained, re-read your warning

and re-read what Todd posted about new members. If that isn't sinking in for some reason, work on getting out of new member status. Post!

About something else...please. Don't you have some hot tips on the numbers games?

I have a feeling if you don't get it soon and be careful...you might end up in No Avatar Land...Confused

You can't feign innocence or misunderstanding forever and I believe rehashing what has been explained thoroughly is Spam itself.

United States
                        Member #54772
                        August 29, 2007
                        74 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2010, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Point taken dr65...But don't appear to be to studious...Didn't you check my predictions I've posted already?

And another thing. If you feel it is not worth your time...keep your oppinions to yourself. Because if you are not a part of the solution. You are part of the problem. This is why people are afraid to ask questions and learn. I am never the kind to pretend innocence. Because I know I am far from it...Which is why I took the time out to respond to your insults regarding my intelligence...Just to let you know it hasn't gone unnoticed. Now Spamthat! Continued success to you on your future winnings. You can't go wrong with that 711 and 811...to show you I am not taking your criticism personally!!Smash

United States
                          Member #54772
                          August 29, 2007
                          74 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2010, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I couldn't have said it any better Harve$tThumbs Up

United States
                            Member #54772
                            August 29, 2007
                            74 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2010, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again Todd...This is good to know!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              16148 Posts
                              Posted: June 30, 2010, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

Point taken dr65...But don't appear to be to studious...Didn't you check my predictions I've posted already?

And another thing. If you feel it is not worth your time...keep your oppinions to yourself. Because if you are not a part of the solution. You are part of the problem. This is why people are afraid to ask questions and learn. I am never the kind to pretend innocence. Because I know I am far from it...Which is why I took the time out to respond to your insults regarding my intelligence...Just to let you know it hasn't gone unnoticed. Now Spamthat! Continued success to you on your future winnings. You can't go wrong with that 711 and 811...to show you I am not taking your criticism personally!!Smash

Ah, good to know Reggie! I was studious enough to check out your past posts in advance of my prior post...You're a good student, glad to see you

busy posting.

Thumbs Up 

That'll get you out of New Member status, among other things...and at least still in the frying pan. Anything that I post is worth my time..I really

don't care how it's taken, usually it's taken wrong so I don't worry about it too much.

Anyone wrapping up with what they should have started with....*not taking your criticism personally*...is doing just that.

Good luck Reggie, ask some questions but geez louise...keep the butter, as in 'up'....out of it and keep the thinking cap on. Tone down on the

sensitivity and win some money. Maybe you can catch a piece of the 100/110 action that's been getting around lately. Go get 'em tiger!

Cool