Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:29 pm
You last visited September 1, 2014, 7:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you Think Math will Eventually solve the lottery...

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 4 years ago by edge.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: June 17, 2010, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Many complex problems in math when math just began were not solve (time of the greeks for example), it took several centuries or 1 or 2 mileniun for them to be solved...Other math problems took: 100 years or 200 years to be solved....I remember hearing that in the last 20 years there have been: 3 problems from the: 1500´s that were solved....One of the mathematicians that solved it, turn down: a $1 Million reward prize...Some think he has mental problems...I read it on the internet...Modern lottery only has: either 20 years or 50 years from been created..

Do you think they will eventually solved the lottery....

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    2119 Posts
    Posted: June 17, 2010, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Many complex problems in math when math just began were not solve (time of the greeks for example), it took several centuries or 1 or 2 mileniun for them to be solved...Other math problems took: 100 years or 200 years to be solved....I remember hearing that in the last 20 years there have been: 3 problems from the: 1500´s that were solved....One of the mathematicians that solved it, turn down: a $1 Million reward prize...Some think he has mental problems...I read it on the internet...Modern lottery only has: either 20 years or 50 years from been created..

Do you think they will eventually solved the lottery....

pumpi76

No single solution will ever work, RNG's are only software, software that can be changed with the click of a

mouse taking all past patterns with it.  Ball drops as well, each lottery still using ball drops has more than

one set of balls.  And no game, software or set of balls will last long enough for this to be done.  Maybe if

we are lucky enough, we might get in a couple of good shots. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.

US Flag

United States
      Member #39085
      May 10, 2006
      18 Posts
      Posted: June 17, 2010, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

No... the numbers on the balls do not represent anything, they are meaningless. They are just a way to keep track of which ball popped up the chute.  If the balls were color coded you would not use a box of crayons to determine the next draw would you? Using math to determine lottery numbers is like using math to determine exactly what is going to happen 3 minutes 26 seconds into the super bowl in 2013. They just simply have nothing to do with one another. In my opinion RNG's are the only thing that even has a remote chance of being guessed using math. If someone did actually "crack the code" then you could know every number that is going to come out for the rest of time. Think about how crazy that sounds.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2010, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

i believe math can do it, and if we are technical math has already done it [what do you think a wheel is, a wheel is a mathematical problem]....i just wanted to know your opinion and let you know what has been the history in math solving...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2010, 12:39 am - IP Logged

i believe math can do it, and if we are technical math has already done it [what do you think a wheel is, a wheel is a mathematical problem]....i just wanted to know your opinion and let you know what has been the history in math solving...

the mathematician was studying:

Algorithmic Information theory....

edge's avatar - waveform

United States
            Member #68609
            December 26, 2008
            2204 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2010, 8:26 am - IP Logged

the mathematician was studying:

Algorithmic Information theory....

apples and oranges ma friend:)

ab actu ad posse valet illatio - from the past one can infer the future

Texas
              United States
              Member #92745
              June 13, 2010
              3 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2010, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

No... the numbers on the balls do not represent anything, they are meaningless. They are just a way to keep track of which ball popped up the chute.  If the balls were color coded you would not use a box of crayons to determine the next draw would you? Using math to determine lottery numbers is like using math to determine exactly what is going to happen 3 minutes 26 seconds into the super bowl in 2013. They just simply have nothing to do with one another. In my opinion RNG's are the only thing that even has a remote chance of being guessed using math. If someone did actually "crack the code" then you could know every number that is going to come out for the rest of time. Think about how crazy that sounds.

While it couldn't tell you whats going to happen at a given time the Annual EA Sports Simulation started in 2004 has only been wrong once. It may not give the correct score outcome,but it has only missed one game.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                999 Posts
                Posted: June 18, 2010, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Math is too rigid a science to be applied to random events.  One will never be able to use math to make one successful prediction after another.

However, math can give you headaches, stomach cramps, leg twitches, and eye strain; just like the lottery.  There has to be a connection somewhere.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  17839 Posts
                  Posted: June 19, 2010, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries aren't problems to be solved, they are contrived random events.  Math can tell us the number of possible outcomes and the odds of a player predicting or coming close to predicting the outcome of that event.  Fact are lotteries creators use math to design  lotteries to fit a particular group of players and to make sure they will make a profit.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                  * your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                      Wink 

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2010, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

But is math [mathematical equations] that is used to make the seed of the RNG´s to produce a random sequence/combinations....

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #86155
                      January 30, 2010
                      1418 Posts
                      Posted: June 20, 2010, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Pumpi, all the lotto games are based on mathematics, okay. This is how they came up with the odds of winning the prize which is paid out for a given hit. People that hit boxed or straight with only $5 or so is pure luck and the states can afford this because it doesn't happen very often.

Even the boxed hits are limited with the dollar amount people are willing to spend. This is what the states count on in terms of averages. They know people will lose by not spending their money the right way. So, the one's that do win are already calculated into the profit equation.

Those who lose are also counted into the profit equation...which happen to substantially outweigh the winners.

L.L.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86155
                        January 30, 2010
                        1418 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          2119 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2010, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

But is math [mathematical equations] that is used to make the seed of the RNG´s to produce a random sequence/combinations....

pumpi76

I chased the "seed", with much effort and agree If one could know it's method of selection you would

be well on your way.  I at one time had 4 realy fast striped down computers set up for number crunching.

Each one had a different RNG with a random "seed".  I set each to generate around 10,000 sets of numbers

at a time and then check the results against a actual draw database.  Each time one of the 10,000 sets

would match a drawing from the database I would record the seed used by the RNG for that match.  This

was left to run millions and millions of sets over several months.  I ended up with 4 very long list of "seeds"

I next searched the seeds using many methods for any pattern that would help in the next drawing.

Some were interesting but I eventually gave up the chase.  The software engineers have done their

jobs very well in hiding the "seed".  It might be possiable but I don't have the hundreds of years  it

might take to do this.  Some very smart and gifted mathematician, which "I am not" may have done

far more with the data then I was able to. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.

US Flag

Honduras
                            Member #20982
                            August 29, 2005
                            4715 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2010, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

pumpi76

I chased the "seed", with much effort and agree If one could know it's method of selection you would

be well on your way.  I at one time had 4 realy fast striped down computers set up for number crunching.

Each one had a different RNG with a random "seed".  I set each to generate around 10,000 sets of numbers

at a time and then check the results against a actual draw database.  Each time one of the 10,000 sets

would match a drawing from the database I would record the seed used by the RNG for that match.  This

was left to run millions and millions of sets over several months.  I ended up with 4 very long list of "seeds"

I next searched the seeds using many methods for any pattern that would help in the next drawing.

Some were interesting but I eventually gave up the chase.  The software engineers have done their

jobs very well in hiding the "seed".  It might be possiable but I don't have the hundreds of years  it

might take to do this.  Some very smart and gifted mathematician, which "I am not" may have done

far more with the data then I was able to. 

RL

what if you use: spread in the seed output....if a seed produces: 3-14-36-40-48-59 you place spread per each number and it will be: 2,3,4 then 13,14,15, then 35,36,37 then 39,40,41, then 47,48,49, then 58,59,60....that way when you are writing the equation for the seed it produces spreads and you take spreads into account on the equation and this way it will be easier to follow and crack....you could even use the decades as your sniffer dog...

i mean you dont want to win the lottery with 1 ticket do you....

Honduras
                              Member #20982
                              August 29, 2005
                              4715 Posts
                              Posted: June 20, 2010, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

what if you use: spread in the seed output....if a seed produces: 3-14-36-40-48-59 you place spread per each number and it will be: 2,3,4 then 13,14,15, then 35,36,37 then 39,40,41, then 47,48,49, then 58,59,60....that way when you are writing the equation for the seed it produces spreads and you take spreads into account on the equation and this way it will be easier to follow and crack....you could even use the decades as your sniffer dog...

i mean you dont want to win the lottery with 1 ticket do you....

that just PROVES that you can win the lotto with a math equation & algorithm...

can even use the decades as your sniffer dog...

if 03-14-36-40-48-59 is a combination then it will be: 0-1-3-4-4-5 [those are the decades]....

how will you feel if you knew the decade of every drawing that will ever play...then the rest is not that hard...