Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:39 pm
You last visited July 22, 2014, 9:38 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

giving up on the lottery or keep playing

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 4 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
portsmouth
United States
Member #56352
November 14, 2007
79 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2010, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

i have been playing the lottery for a few years now and have my shares of wins and losses. actually a lot more losses than wins but since sep 13th of this year i have not hit and it has bought me to the crossroads and whether to decide to continue playing or just accept the fact that this has been waste of time. i try to finding winning systems on lottery post but its hard to find a simple but easy and cheap system to gather some wins. i dont know what to do about this situation. how should i handle it?

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2010, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

This is a question only you know the answer to.

For now, why not step back and take a break from playing the lottery and doing anything lottery related and see how you feel after about 30 to 90 days?

Or just limit your playing to paper until you find a system that works to your satisfaction?

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
      Kunming
      China
      Member #57910
      January 23, 2008
      3357 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2010, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

This is a question only you know the answer to.

For now, why not step back and take a break from playing the lottery and doing anything lottery related and see how you feel after about 30 to 90 days?

Or just limit your playing to paper until you find a system that works to your satisfaction?

I agree. It's a choice. I think that once you lose the fun of it, then you need to take a break. Now, you don't have to stop all together if you don't want. I also suggest that you follow other member that are from your state and see and ask for their numbers.

I'll be trying Automatic Writing to get the winning lottery numbers.

Automatic writing  is an alleged psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing. The words are claimed to arise from a subconscious, spiritual or supernatural source.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        2782 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:26 am - IP Logged

personally id drop back to 1 entry a draw, u gotta be in it to win it. forget systems for a while. forgt improving chances. infact forget about winning altogether. just remeber to play the 1 dollar a draw.

2014 winnings

JAN -$48.50;  FEB  -$77.5; MAR -$18.05;  APR -$96.05 MAY -$61.10; JUN $-85;

Sacramento, CA
          United States
          Member #96356
          August 28, 2010
          159 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2010, 1:46 am - IP Logged

I have been an active California Lottery player since it started. All told, I have won about $4,000.00. I've 'invested' approximately $15,000.00 trying to win, for a net loss of $11,000.00. I used to purchase scratchers, but I found the effort wasn't worth it. Now, I'll buy $5.00 worth of both Fantasy 5 and Super Lotto Quick Picks, IF the jackpots are above $100,000.00/$20,000,000.00 respectively. With this method, I save quite a bit of money over time, and I wager just enough to satisfy my urge to gamble.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2010, 9:39 am - IP Logged

i have been playing the lottery for a few years now and have my shares of wins and losses. actually a lot more losses than wins but since sep 13th of this year i have not hit and it has bought me to the crossroads and whether to decide to continue playing or just accept the fact that this has been waste of time. i try to finding winning systems on lottery post but its hard to find a simple but easy and cheap system to gather some wins. i dont know what to do about this situation. how should i handle it?

If it's causing financial hardship you need to quit.

If it's just being tired of being on a losing streak, well, join the club, everybody has em or the lottery would not exist.

Here's what I would suggest if it's the latter:

Pick your favorite game and play one line for as many advance plays or multi-draws (whatever your state calls them) as you can. If you usually play your own selection of numbers, use Quick Pick instead. If you usually play QP, then pick your own. Play that line for the maximum amount of draws allowed and then step away from the game. Just forget about it. Don't check your numbers or any lottery results until all your draws have expired.

Check your numbers only after they've played out and see if your luck has changed after shaking things up a bit and changing your routine. If not, at least you know how well you could handle withdrawal to a certain extent and if you didn't handle it well, you'll know you have a problem and might consider getting help with it.

If you can live with the fact that the odds against winning a jackpot are absolutely overwhelming and still manage to enjoy taking a shot in the dark for a buck as a hobby, it can be a lot of fun.

But if losing most of the time angers or depresses you, then you're better off saving your money.

Because players that win more than they lose are extremely rare.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              8915 Posts
              Posted: October 10, 2010, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

It's the lottery. like all forms of gambling (other than booking the action) there is not a lottery game you can play where you, the player, are supposed to win.

The greater the expectation of winning, the bigger the disappointment you are setting yourself up for.

What should you do?

Keep it recreational, and realize the only people making a living from it are those selling tickets or systems.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                17728 Posts
                Posted: October 10, 2010, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

"A winning system that easy and cheap" is what some players call a $1 Quick Pick, it's cheap and lottery websites claim 70% of their winners are QP's.

Personally I prefer a system I'm developing based on the behaviour of numbers in past drawings and limiting myself to 10-20 lines per drawing.  Since I do it for entertainment, I get some enjoyment from trying even when I lose.  Realistically, playing a lottery is gambling and winning a multi-millions dollars jackpot with a $1-$20 bet is a dream not a situation but it will never happen if you don't buy a ticket.

* you don't need more tickets * 
                * just the right ticket * 
                   Wink 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  4614 Posts
                  Posted: October 12, 2010, 12:38 am - IP Logged

UR>LIFE>is so "GREAT" "wonderful"!!!!!! today!!!!!EXPERT's > think tank>2day!!!!!!

project U will suffer>>>>thru>2015(But!)

mexican population will move>>^^^^^^!

VIVA LA MEXICO^^^^^^^^^^^>>weLvU^!

UR children Deserve>EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!!!

replace LAZY americoniana'ssssssss!!!!!

They R just crouptt cronnie'sssssssss!!!!

VOTE these crouptt congre$$men OUT!!

REPLACE THEM w/honest MEXICAN'$$!!

AMERICAN's>>>>>>>YEAR 2014>>>>>!!!

VIVA LA MEXICO>>>>YEAR 2015$$$$!!!

Take social security away from>>>>>>>

LAZY>OLDE>LAZY>american  sponge's!

VIVA LA OBAMA>>>>>>>>>>>educate!!!!

PartyPartyPartyPartyPartyParty