Welcome Guest
The time is now 6:05 pm
You last visited November 27, 2014, 5:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Foreign Lotteries Sound Off!! Can Foreigners Play Your Lottery?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 4 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Monkey Butt, USA
United States
Member #54569
August 23, 2007
1124 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2010, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I've already asked this question about the Euro Millions Lottery and learned that you have to be a resident of the participating country to play the Euro Millions Lottery.

My question is does this same rule apply to the regular lotteries ran in foreign countries.

Australia, Austria, Bargados, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Dominican Republic, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamica, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad, Turkey, United Kingdom, Venezuela, and any other country I forgot to mention.

Sound off!! What are the rules and regulations of your lottery when a foreigner wins? Foreigner being a person that does not live in that country just passing through on vacation.

Are the rules different if the foreigner is a temporary resident of that country? Such as a student or a relocated employee.

ressuccess's avatar - WhiteShyGuy

United States
    Member #93166
    June 23, 2010
    835 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2010, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

What is sound off mean in Euro Millions Lottery? I think all of Europe will participate in this game.

Monkey Butt, USA
      United States
      Member #54569
      August 23, 2007
      1124 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2010, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

What is sound off mean in Euro Millions Lottery? I think all of Europe will participate in this game.

It means I want to hear from people that participate in these lotteries. I want to know what the rules and regulations are for foreigners playing these lotteries.

The first question was:

Who Can Play the Euro Millions Lottery?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/222914 

After learning that you had to be a resident of the participating countries inorder to play Euro Millions Lottery, it made me wonder about the regular lotteries that these countries have and what their rules are for foreigners that play their lotteries.

I know that here in the Texas, anyone from anywhere can play and if they win a jackpot they will get paid.