Welcome Guest
You last visited December 20, 2014, 12:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Using math to develop winning strategies

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 4 years ago by ca-dreamin*.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sacramento, CA
United States
Member #96356
August 28, 2010
159 Posts
Posted: November 21, 2010, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

As most of us know, the lottery was adjusted to thwart all efforts to win by systems. Back when it started, there was a marginal level of player ingenuity which afforded one a slight advantage against the salient odds. Today, that advantage is non-existent. However, there actually IS a formula to maximize your chances of winning: First, you have to stick with a set of numbers that results from this formula. Second, you'll be playing for quite awhile before you win anything. Third, faith is your only ally in this scheme. Forget birthdays, anniversary dates, and baseball scores. If anyone plays Lottery Scratchers enough, they'll see certain number combinations on non-winning tickets. In California, it's obvious that you'll not win (or, at least you won't win much) when these numbers appear on a single ticket: 7-9-14-28-29-32-33-35. However, these numbers DO show up on the Lotto draws, and also on our Fantasy 5 games. Your system will entail selecting a group of these numbers after they appear on previous lottery draws. Whichever numbers you pick, they'll eventually show up during a future drawing. Don't try this until I've actually won something worthy of an updated post. These numbers will vary by state, so you may see non-winning combinations that differ from California's numbers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    21652 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2010, 11:58 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Mathematics forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      9214 Posts
      Posted: November 26, 2010, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Daveyl,

"First, you have to stick with a set of numbers that results from this formula."

This has been discussed in this forum before and the consensus was that any given set of numbers will eventually hit, as long as you have 483 years to wait for it to happen.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

johnph77's avatar - avatar
        CA
        United States
        Member #2987
        December 10, 2003
        832 Posts
        Posted: November 26, 2010, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss -

Probably untrue.

According to the math I've done in the past, somewhere between the draw numbering that between 35 and 40 percent of the total number of possible combinations, the possibility of a draw exactly duplicating a previous draw will exceed 50 percent if no duplicate had already occured. For instance, in a 6/49 lottery, there are 13,983,816 possibilities. somewhere between 4,661,272 and 5,593,526 draws, the possibility that a draw will duplicate a previous draw will be more than 50%, and that assumes a duplicate draw hasn't already occured. But, let's assume that, for example, you do go through 13,983,815 draws without a duplicate. This is, of course, a long shot, an extreme example. The chances of the next draw being the undrawn combination are the same as drawing that combination on any previous single draw - 1:13,983,816.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Sacramento, CA
          United States
          Member #96356
          August 28, 2010
          159 Posts
          Posted: November 26, 2010, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss, that's funny: "483 years". Perhaps I didn't explain my system completely. The numbers I've listed are greater than those for a single draw, so you can use different combinations of these numbers. I don't mean to infer that it's a sure fire jackpot winning system, but I do see these numbers regularly on our Lotto and Fantasy 5 games. I'll try it and make a report next payday.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            9214 Posts
            Posted: November 26, 2010, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Johnph77,

There's a couple of ways of looking at it. Granted there are duplicates over time, and combos that have never hit. I know on the websites that allow you to search past winning numbers you can come up with combos and search for hours without a duplicate.

So one school of thought says that if your combos hasn't hit yet and a duplicate shows up your combo has just "lost another turn in line".

Tens of millions of combinations, or hundreds of millions for the 5 + 1 games, two or three drawings a week, 483 years is probably a low ball estimate.

Daveyl,

Oh yeah, when you track a game you notice certain numbers but it's putting the right five of them togehr on the night that the same five are drawn that's a bear. As you statd in the OP, the lotto is always a step ahead of us. (Actually million fof steps!)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1212 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2010, 1:55 am - IP Logged

As most of us know, the lottery was adjusted to thwart all efforts to win by systems. Back when it started, there was a marginal level of player ingenuity which afforded one a slight advantage against the salient odds. Today, that advantage is non-existent. However, there actually IS a formula to maximize your chances of winning: First, you have to stick with a set of numbers that results from this formula. Second, you'll be playing for quite awhile before you win anything. Third, faith is your only ally in this scheme. Forget birthdays, anniversary dates, and baseball scores. If anyone plays Lottery Scratchers enough, they'll see certain number combinations on non-winning tickets. In California, it's obvious that you'll not win (or, at least you won't win much) when these numbers appear on a single ticket: 7-9-14-28-29-32-33-35. However, these numbers DO show up on the Lotto draws, and also on our Fantasy 5 games. Your system will entail selecting a group of these numbers after they appear on previous lottery draws. Whichever numbers you pick, they'll eventually show up during a future drawing. Don't try this until I've actually won something worthy of an updated post. These numbers will vary by state, so you may see non-winning combinations that differ from California's numbers.

Daveyl, there are not many here that would disagree that the dynamics of the game change when the drawing pool changes, or makeup of the draw is refitted, as in adding a bonus ball. 

From here I am a bit confused. You state, "Second, you'll be playing for quite awhile before you win anything." Then, in your next to last sentence you say, "Don't try this until I've actually won something worthy of an updated post."

Daveyl, you could 'be playing for quite awhile before you win anything.'

Could you be a little more descriptive in what your formula entails? Even if you don't choose to reveal the inner working, how about some clues as to how we can test this method ourselves?

Having introduced myself to Cash 5, I've spent the last several weeks crunching numbers from various games around the country. Clearly there are some basic foundations one might lay to derive a set of numbers. Those are dependent upon what numbers, or what amount of numbers we are tracking. Are we tracking pairs, trips, quads, or a larger set? 

When we have determined the handpicked numbers the set is comprised of, we'll want to know how it has performed over the course of the entire history of the game. Depending on the size of the set, 2 numbers, 4 number, 7 number, etc, this is going to take some time.

Personally, I decided to start with sets that have performed best over the history of the game. This does away with any personal biases. The offshoot, is this allows one to see if these sets fall rythmnically, or within certain intervals. Set skips maybe?

Next, I check those against the last 200, or 100, or 50, or whatever number of draws one decides to see which are hitting now.

From there, I can make a third set from these by paring down, or adding to, as necessary.

This is the key idea amongst others that may prove productive. We shall see.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2010, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Looks like you're talking about checking for pairs or triples that "travel" together (or don't).

In a 5-ball game, each drawing has 10 pairs and 10 triples to check. A 6 ball game has 15 pairs and 20 triples per drawing. That's more than a little bit of work. Since every state will have a different history, you might have to show folks that you've found something happening outside of statistical probability to get them to stop whatever they're doing now, to also add this.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Sacramento, CA
                  United States
                  Member #96356
                  August 28, 2010
                  159 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2010, 10:27 am - IP Logged

garyo, don't be confused. My post specified certain groups of numbers that appear on NON-WINNING Scratch Off tickets. I've noticed over time that these same numbers are also picked for our Fantasy 5 games. Not each draw, though, but frequently enough to give one an advantage in selecting a group of numbers for both the Fantasy 5 and Lotto games. I asked that you wait until I could win something using these numbers, and I did. I got 3 numbers correct on the Fantasy 5 game, and missed one number (8) by one digit. (I picked 9) I could not guarantee that this would happen right away, but I will try and refine what I'm doing with this system to gain maximum advantage over the odds.

Sacramento, CA
                    United States
                    Member #96356
                    August 28, 2010
                    159 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2010, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Johnph77, I think the state has done the math with regard to setting the odds of winning. Theoretical mathematical formulas are useful only when calculating probabilities in total. My numbers are actually physical components: They show up during Lotto and Fantasy 5 draws, not on a calculator. My formula specifies that these numbers appear regularly enough that one may use them to create a viable set of numbers to maximize their chance of matching the draw numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      18101 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2010, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

What ever ones theories of winning a lottery are, they can easily be tested by posting on the prediction board if testing them for real would be too expensive.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                      * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                           Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        18101 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2010, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Johnph77, I think the state has done the math with regard to setting the odds of winning. Theoretical mathematical formulas are useful only when calculating probabilities in total. My numbers are actually physical components: They show up during Lotto and Fantasy 5 draws, not on a calculator. My formula specifies that these numbers appear regularly enough that one may use them to create a viable set of numbers to maximize their chance of matching the draw numbers.

Once the number pool size is set, the odds are automatic.  All the state has to decide is the size of the payouts.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          18101 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2010, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

I have concluded that this thread is going no where, time to start looking else where for answers.

Wink 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: December 20, 2010, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

It seems the threads where a question can be answered or partially addressed using math die the quickest.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

bgonçalves
                              Brasil
                              Member #92566
                              June 9, 2010
                              1590 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2010, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Hello, since the repetition of a result is very difficult or slow, it was able
                              to her
                               To increase an I number previous and subsequent to filter with 18 numbers
                               A lottery of 6/49 example = 02,09,12,25,35,46 with the numbers
                               Previous and subsequent it would be like this the draw
                              01,02,03,08,09,11,12,13,24,25,26,34,35,36,45,46,47 would be used the lines to
                              create a filter with the result and adjacent
                               To enlarge the filter, can anybody say?