Welcome Guest
The time is now 2:26 pm
You last visited July 28, 2014, 2:26 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2nd chance drawings...

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 3 years ago by wish626.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103049
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Does your state have 2nd chance drawings for losing scratch-offs?

Here in Colorado, most tickets that are $10 or more have a second chance drawing for the grand prize. My wife and I currently have almost 3 dozen losers covering 6 different games. I've heard the odds are pretty good in these drawing since most people just trash their losing tickets. 

It's pretty easy for us to enter as well, we're registered with the Co. lottery website and just enter the losing ticket numbers online under our account.

First drawing we're eligible for comes in April for $250,000.

How about your state? Go get 'em and good luck!

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104438
    January 14, 2011
    2175 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

In Florida very few. I registered for last nights Miami Heat and Orlando Magic 2nd chance drawing with 10 tickets but did not win. I notice some people won 3-4 times.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95881
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

In Florida very few. I registered for last nights Miami Heat and Orlando Magic 2nd chance drawing with 10 tickets but did not win. I notice some people won 3-4 times.

I was saying the same thing to myself last night. Noticed some people won multiple times. Im sure those people bought several books.

I remember last year when the $30 scratcher - "$600 Million High Roller" had a 2nd chance for the grand prize of $20 Million. All winners that won $1,000 or more on that game could enter. Some chick in my hometown won. She purchased her ticket at a gas station not far from me the year before.

Would be pretty sweet to win $1,000, and then a year later find out that ticket actually won you $20 Million off second chance Cheers

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        16141 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Good luck to you in winning the $250,000 that would be awesome!

We have 2nd chance drawings and there's 4 currently going on right now with the $5 tickets. I hate football, don't care about the Hershey's

getaway but wouldn't mind winning $200 on the Monopoly 2nd chance. That would be okay. PA needs to get a bit more generous...you have

that whopping $250,000 prize available. I would be entering that one a lot.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #103816
          January 5, 2011
          1530 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Yes, the Scratcher Replay system here in CA is pretty good.(well, can't really say it's *good* until I win one of 'em! ;)

EVERY losing ticket is eligible for 2nd chance draw: (from calottery website)

After you have successfully entered your codes, they will be entered into TWO drawings:

• The first drawing is the “POOL DRAWING” which occurs every few months. All codes from all eligible Scratchers tickets entered before that specific pool drawing deadline will go into a drawing for TEN prizes of $1,000.
          • For each specific Scratchers ticket, there will be an “END OF GAME DRAWING” that will award one of that game’s top prizes!

So even the $1 tickets have as much chance as the $5 tickets for the quarterly 10x$1000 draws.

And all the top prizes for EACH game are given away at the end of the game. Got a $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 top prize from $5 ticket Scratchers coming up for end of game draws in the next few months.

I only recently started scratchers, so I have a little over 100 entered into the system.

We know it's really all about the Lotto Commission collecting juicy stats on us to see exactly who bought what and where, but I don't care, as long as they give me some wins!

Denver, Co
            United States
            Member #103049
            December 29, 2010
            546 Posts
            Posted: February 3, 2011, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, we've entered quite a few tix in that one as well as a $500,000 game. There's a couple of games that have $1 million jackpots that I think we've entered. It sure beats throwing the tixs away (which I never do anyway, I want the tax deduction if I win a sizeable amount).

The good thing about 2nd chance is that it is truly random.

United States
              Member #104192
              January 11, 2011
              13 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2011, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

If you see people losing and throwing away the ticket when there is a 2nd chance drawing simply take the ticket or look for tickets in the trash you can use to enter, the more the better.....

Denver, Co
                United States
                Member #103049
                December 29, 2010
                546 Posts
                Posted: February 3, 2011, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

If you see people losing and throwing away the ticket when there is a 2nd chance drawing simply take the ticket or look for tickets in the trash you can use to enter, the more the better.....

LOL, I can see that image now...digging through the dumpsters behind 7-11's. Not for food, but lottery tix. Banana

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                  Los Angeles, California
                  United States
                  Member #103816
                  January 5, 2011
                  1530 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2011, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

LOL, I can see that image now...digging through the dumpsters behind 7-11's. Not for food, but lottery tix. Banana

No kidding, I've actually seen someone do this at a store I go to.

Some old guy came in, popped the lid on the trash can next to the lotto kiosk and scratch vending machines, reached in and pulled out some tickets, and walked back out of the store.

I guess he's a regular or something, I kinda observed the store owner casually took notice of him, paid it no mind, and then went back to the customer at the counter, like it was a regular thing!?

Denver, Co
                    United States
                    Member #103049
                    December 29, 2010
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2011, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

No kidding, I've actually seen someone do this at a store I go to.

Some old guy came in, popped the lid on the trash can next to the lotto kiosk and scratch vending machines, reached in and pulled out some tickets, and walked back out of the store.

I guess he's a regular or something, I kinda observed the store owner casually took notice of him, paid it no mind, and then went back to the customer at the counter, like it was a regular thing!?

It's actually kind of a great idea, I just don't know if I could walk into a store and ask to dig around their garbage pails and dumpsters. On the one hand it's kinda silly and embarrassing and humiliating, but on the other hand we're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars, even up to a million.

Even if you just end up with a scratch or lotto ticket that pays a few thousand, at the very least you'll have some tix you can claim as losses to offset the winnings.

Hmmm. You've got me thinking now.

The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95881
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: February 3, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

It's actually kind of a great idea, I just don't know if I could walk into a store and ask to dig around their garbage pails and dumpsters. On the one hand it's kinda silly and embarrassing and humiliating, but on the other hand we're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars, even up to a million.

Even if you just end up with a scratch or lotto ticket that pays a few thousand, at the very least you'll have some tix you can claim as losses to offset the winnings.

Hmmm. You've got me thinking now.

HA HA I just got back from the BP station by my work and noticed a Orlando Magic $5 scratch-off laying next to the trash (on the ground) can by the exit door. Im not gonna lie, I picked it up and will be entering it in the 2nd chance drawing here in FL =)

I did not however dig through the garage can lol It was actually laying next to the trash can..I promise =)

Florida
                        United States
                        Member #104438
                        January 14, 2011
                        2175 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2011, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Im guilty of pulling scratched tickets out of the trash. I use the $5 games to enter the drawings and occasionally I have founded discarded winners also Smiley

FL
                          United States
                          Member #104950
                          January 22, 2011
                          105 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2011, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I haven't seen an overall 2nd chance in FL yet, but I've only been playing for a couple months.  I have seen where certain tickets are offering a 2nd chance that is related to that ticket. 

For example, the NBA Orlando Magic $5ticket I have starated to play has 2nd chance.  Prizes are Orlando Magic tickets, Fan merchandise etc. 

NFL did it too, I played NFL Dolphins tickets but didn't win anything.  I wasn't going to play NBA but I do like the Magic and want to get game tickets/merchandise, I've bought about 10 so far and won on 3 of them, a 5, 10 and 20.00 win.  First round of 2nd chance went through and I didn't get anything on the 7 losing tickets but I am gathering up more tickets for the next round.

I am happy for the winners but think something seems abit fishy here,  quite a few people won 2 and 3 Fan Packs and/or 2nd chance prizes.

I don't think they got whole books or several books.  I'm not sure why someone would win 3 times in a list of a mere 50 people in the first round of this 2nd chance probably out of 10's of thousands of people entering.

I could see one lucky player win twice or 3 but multiple people in a short list winning 2 and 3?   No, it doesn't seem right for some reason.   All I can do is play within my budget and hope for wins!

The Ville, FL
                            United States
                            Member #95881
                            August 19, 2010
                            1708 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

I haven't seen an overall 2nd chance in FL yet, but I've only been playing for a couple months.  I have seen where certain tickets are offering a 2nd chance that is related to that ticket. 

For example, the NBA Orlando Magic $5ticket I have starated to play has 2nd chance.  Prizes are Orlando Magic tickets, Fan merchandise etc. 

NFL did it too, I played NFL Dolphins tickets but didn't win anything.  I wasn't going to play NBA but I do like the Magic and want to get game tickets/merchandise, I've bought about 10 so far and won on 3 of them, a 5, 10 and 20.00 win.  First round of 2nd chance went through and I didn't get anything on the 7 losing tickets but I am gathering up more tickets for the next round.

I am happy for the winners but think something seems abit fishy here,  quite a few people won 2 and 3 Fan Packs and/or 2nd chance prizes.

I don't think they got whole books or several books.  I'm not sure why someone would win 3 times in a list of a mere 50 people in the first round of this 2nd chance probably out of 10's of thousands of people entering.

I could see one lucky player win twice or 3 but multiple people in a short list winning 2 and 3?   No, it doesn't seem right for some reason.   All I can do is play within my budget and hope for wins!

That is plausible about it being fishy (multiple same winners on 2nd chance) especially since some of them are to BBall games. The main reason this is possible is because actual drawings for ball games are witnessed usually by independant attorney firms, while the 2nd chance drawing I doubt the lottery office has attorney's present. They probably have a designated person who draws the winners and could be skewed. Ya never know.

I remember when the BDB had 2nd chance a while back. I won multiple times on that and had over 100 entries. I think the prizes were for $50-$100 worth of free lottery coupons.

I think Gold Rush had a 2nd chance when that came out several years ago for a Gold Bar worth like $40,000 bux. I havent seen any other "really good" 2nd chance drawings in a while.

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104438
                              January 14, 2011
                              2175 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Say if you won 3 times is there anyway you could choose cash option instead of the prize ? I mean some of these winners are getting enough jerseys and crap to start their own teams LOL