Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:24 am
You last visited July 31, 2014, 3:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Lottery sites

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 3 years ago by megamanX.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lexington, sc
United States
Member #105839
February 7, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2011, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I've seen in alot of posts that some use online lottery sites.  Would anyone be willing to share what sites are the best.  It's always scary to put money into a site without first knowing others experiences with them.  Thanks for sharing.

South Carolina
    United States
    Member #18322
    July 9, 2005
    498 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2011, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I've seen in alot of posts that some use online lottery sites.  Would anyone be willing to share what sites are the best.  It's always scary to put money into a site without first knowing others experiences with them.  Thanks for sharing.

Todd, the LP administrator,  does not allow us to discuss online lottery sites.  Any mention of such in a post will be automatically deleted by the LP database.  If you have any more questions regarding why, PM (private message) Todd directly. 

SteveC's avatar - istockphoto 1955988-lottery-ball.jpg
      Cincinnati
      United States
      Member #105172
      January 26, 2011
      600 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2011, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Todd, the LP administrator,  does not allow us to discuss online lottery sites.  Any mention of such in a post will be automatically deleted by the LP database.  If you have any more questions regarding why, PM (private message) Todd directly. 

I think I understand the reasoning behind this rule and even though I'm not up for online gambling myself, I normally would think this would be the place to find answers to some questions people may have. e.g. Is there reputable site offering lottery gambling or What precautions should be taken if I was to gamble online?

Seriously, not trying to break the rules ,but is there away to have the conversation without breaking them? Just to protect anyone interested in doing it? It's crossed my mind before since i'm epilteptic and dont get around as easily as others. I'm lucky and have someone and do get out everyday, but one day I may not. Then what?

I know it's not LP's responsibility to provide the information for the protection of people wanting to gamble online but it would be a very kind service to allow a forum on the discussion while not allowing the use of particulair sites.

Big Smile

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
        Nova Scotia
        Canada
        Member #9934
        December 27, 2004
        762 Posts
        Posted: February 10, 2011, 11:40 am - IP Logged

I don't see any problem with discussing what sites are legitimate and what sites are not for lottery gambling..We need to be educated in order to choose wisely!

If a lottery site was financially risky for me to use, I sure wouldn't mind knowledge about it beforehand..!I Agree!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

Maybe pumpi will help out..tiggs is sure he would know..Whenever tiggs has a problem he asked pumpi what to do..His rocketship is due back anytime soon..

Pure luck

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
            Indiana
            United States
            Member #48725
            January 7, 2007
            1841 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I've noticed it's almost always a new member who asks about these types of sites.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              17740 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2011, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't see any problem with discussing what sites are legitimate and what sites are not for lottery gambling..We need to be educated in order to choose wisely!

If a lottery site was financially risky for me to use, I sure wouldn't mind knowledge about it beforehand..!I Agree!

USAMega (LP sister page with a link on the left of this page), has an online site where lotteries can be played.  I'm sure other sites would love to have the free advertisement that an open discussion about them could generate.  In the past, people joined LP just to freely promote their own websites which didn't help anyone but themselves.

* you don't need more tickets * 
              * just the right ticket * 
                 Wink 

joshuacloak's avatar - avatar 23415.gif

United States
                Member #32537
                February 12, 2006
                639 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2011, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

i just noticed todd changed the market place,      it use to like to a site that just sold usa lotto tickets

now its some lotto site that sells world wide it seems

however something on that site makes me thing its the must legit one yet

"See Your Ticket" oooooooo nice choice todd,

sense cross selling begin, must everyone but a few states can play both big games, so a world wide lotto site makes more sense

thro at 6 usd bucks per ticket for like a euro millions ticket, am in shock at exchange rates with site markup LOL

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  21448 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

i just noticed todd changed the market place,      it use to like to a site that just sold usa lotto tickets

now its some lotto site that sells world wide it seems

however something on that site makes me thing its the must legit one yet

"See Your Ticket" oooooooo nice choice todd,

sense cross selling begin, must everyone but a few states can play both big games, so a world wide lotto site makes more sense

thro at 6 usd bucks per ticket for like a euro millions ticket, am in shock at exchange rates with site markup LOL

Indeed, please click through one of the links there and try them out.  They even offer a ticket scan service for many games, guarateeing the ticket was purchased for you.

You can use a regular credit card too.

To try it, go to www.usamega.com, and click on the game of your choosing in the marketplace section on the right side.  Go through the purchase process all the way through payment, and see how easy it is.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

megamanX's avatar - mega man_x_sprite-9629.jpg
                    Pocatello, Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #105623
                    February 3, 2011
                    59 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2011, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

the Ohio classic lotto is looking real good right now. I have a cousin living in Ohio, maybe I can get her to buy me some tickets. Anyone know if I have to pay the 6 percent Ohio state income tax if I win? Oh well, I probably won't have to worry about it, 14 million to one says I won't win.

Pocatello, Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #105623
                      February 3, 2011
                      59 Posts
                      Posted: February 11, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Indeed, please click through one of the links there and try them out.  They even offer a ticket scan service for many games, guarateeing the ticket was purchased for you.

You can use a regular credit card too.

To try it, go to www.usamega.com, and click on the game of your choosing in the marketplace section on the right side.  Go through the purchase process all the way through payment, and see how easy it is.

I clicked on the link and I tried to sign up for an account. If you are in the USA and you don't have an American Express credit card, you're SOL.

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
                        Winnipeg
                        Canada
                        Member #14974
                        May 7, 2005
                        3260 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2011, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I clicked on the link and I tried to sign up for an account. If you are in the USA and you don't have an American Express credit card, you're SOL.

what happened to betslips?

I'm an N.S.A.

A Numerical Statistics Analyst.

Pocatello, Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #105623
                          February 3, 2011
                          59 Posts
                          Posted: February 13, 2011, 12:52 am - IP Logged

betslips doesn't offer  the games I want to play, the ohio classic lotto and the canadian 6/49. Both are a 1 in 14 million odds and their jackpots are over $20 mil.

Jack-C's avatar - us
                            San Diego, CA
                            United States
                            Member #61467
                            May 24, 2008
                            27521 Posts
                            Posted: February 13, 2011, 1:08 am - IP Logged

When the law went into effect that made internet gambling illegal in the United States, Todd stopped promoting and allowing discussion of those services.  Yes, some people still use them, but those of us that don't wish to break the law are keeping an eye on HR2267.  If it passes, then perhaps we can go back to betting online. My bank and the 3 credit unions that I belong to stopped accepting money destined for any of the betting services.  They also would not allow the money I had already won be transfered to me.  I had a heck of a time getting my money, but I did.  I had to pay a premium to get it, but it was better than not having my money.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              21448 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2011, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Nothing happened to Betslips, as far as I know.  I checked out the new site and was very happy with everything, including the vast selection of games, the price, the payment options, and the ability to get a scanned image of the purchased ticket.  When I evaluate a service, the most important factor is assurance that the ticket was purchased, and I don't think it gets better than that.

As for the comment earlier about them only taking Amex, I know that's just very wrong.  They have a lot of different payment options, which is another reason I like them.  They are easy to do business with.

So, if you're up for this kind of thing, or curious to see how it works, go to www.usamega.com, and click one of the colorful marketplace liks/blocks on the right.

The first order is totally free -- they refund the entire price back to you.  So I'm not sure what the risk is in trying.

P.S. Powerball is now over $100 million -- a great time to check it out.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!