Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:48 pm
You last visited September 18, 2014, 11:45 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida $3 Million Winner Now Wins $10 Million BDB Scratch Ticket

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Zippy123.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
Jacksonville Florida
United States
Member #23018
October 6, 2005
734 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2011, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

The same person who won the $3 million top prize in the Florida $3,000,000 Monopoly scratch game in November 2010 has now won the $10 million top prize in the Florida Billion Dollar Blockbuster scratch game ... now that's luck (or a LOT of tickets bought).

Imagine scratching a ticket to find it's a $10 million dollar winner ... actually, $1 million would be cool too :)

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95881
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2011, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Yea I saw that earlier and was like "DAYUM"...Thats crazy. I'm sure dude buys a ton of tickets though. Considering he is able to bank roll himself with a huge prior win only 5 months ago.

Good for him. Ive always said once I win $1 Mill, Ill stop playing

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
      Nashville, TN
      United States
      Member #86740
      February 9, 2010
      478 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Was it Richard Lustig?

Congrats to who ever it was! I hope I can find and utilize their secret!

Port st lucie, FL
        United States
        Member #110279
        April 29, 2011
        34 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2011, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Sounds Fishy to me like he knows someone that works for the lottery. It's just like the guy from port Charlotte won 1Mil and 10Mil on the BDB. To me it might be luck or he might of had help.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
          Jacksonville Florida
          United States
          Member #23018
          October 6, 2005
          734 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2011, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

No, it wasn't Lustig who was also lucky (although not as lucky as this current double winner) and is trying to cash on the luck by claiming a strategy. It all comes down to luck as far as the major prizes.

News Release: http://flalottery.com/inet/currentNewsContent.do?searchID=196888

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #104438
            January 14, 2011
            2193 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Sounds Fishy to me like he knows someone that works for the lottery. It's just like the guy from port Charlotte won 1Mil and 10Mil on the BDB. To me it might be luck or he might of had help.

I agree they must have hints on delivery times and locations of big winners. He probably spends tons but do you think he would risk 1 person getting lucky and buying that ticket instead of him ? I think this guy cleared out the area and bought every BDB roll there was to buy.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95881
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: May 10, 2011, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I agree they must have hints on delivery times and locations of big winners. He probably spends tons but do you think he would risk 1 person getting lucky and buying that ticket instead of him ? I think this guy cleared out the area and bought every BDB roll there was to buy.

I agree James. I think its just a matter of this guy buying tons of tickets daily. I mean he won $3 Million 5 months ago, so he has the extra cash to spend. Even if he bought a roll a day at $1,000, that would be roughly $150,000 that he's spent, less his winings.

I think this is a matter of him just buying from the right store at the right time. If he was buying tons of rolls every week, the real luck comes from him picking the right store.

The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95881
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: May 10, 2011, 11:48 am - IP Logged

P.S. -  Just heard on another site (from someone who lives close to the store where he purchased this ticket), that this guy spends upwards of $6,000 per day on scratchers. Who knows how much truth there is to that rumor, but considering this guy has the $$ to do it, it could be possible.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104438
                  January 14, 2011
                  2193 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2011, 12:52 am - IP Logged

I got directed over to the Mr Lucky lotto forums. Nice to hear the winner write about his winnings was a great read here is the link

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_lottery/2011/05/panhandle-man-wins-second-huge-scratchoff-prize.html/comment-page-1#comment-4929

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #111958
                    June 6, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

HI James,

I am a newbie here and am getting caught up on past posts. 

I have always wondered about this.  Does the lotto know which rolls contain the winning tickets and where they are in their release stage(s)?  If it is truly random (other than the control over printing a certain amount of winners on a single roll) why is it that certain towns sell more big winners than other towns? 

For example,  the top five selling towns in Massachusetts are: Boston (which makes sense given it's volume), Quincy (which happens to be the home town of the Treasurer), Worcester (another large city), Medford and Methuen. 

All towns in the top ten for selling big prizes are more industrial towns (with the exception of Boston).  One store in Methuen sells the most lotto tickets in the state and has sold 4 $1 Million prize tickets. 

With the exception of Boston and Worcester, these are not the largest cities / towns in the state.  Do you think it makes more sense to buy your tickets from the towns that have produced the most winners (I am talking 1 Million dollar prizes at a minimum)?  Do the stores really want to sell winning tickets?  I would imagine that they would because they receive money and bragging rights but what if they don't because then they lose business?  I personally don't buy from a store that has already sold a winner ($1 million).  So wouldn't it cut into their business to produce a winner? 

Does the store know when they have received a winner in one of their rolls only they don't know which roll?  Is it truly random?  Twice here in Ma I have heard of the same person winning the $1 million prize a year after they won their first million dollar prize.  I bought 200 $20 tickets over the weekend - the first roll I won $1240 and the second roll I won $1300.  Can lightening really strike twice? 

Thank you and be well - Zippy