Welcome Guest
The time is now 11:57 pm
You last visited August 21, 2014, 11:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Decades of Dollars

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #112180
June 12, 2011
2 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Still no top prize winner for Decades of Dollars in any of the states since its inception in January 2011 (unless I'm mistaken).  For those playing out there, how many tickets do you usually buy at one time?  The odds are approx 1:10 million but I'm surprised nobody's won yet!  It would be nice if this was one of those rollover lotteries because the prize would be huge (like the Illinois lotto).

United States
    Member #109414
    April 12, 2011
    3 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2011, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

I only usually get one ticket per draw. It would be nice to win that top prize. Smile

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1841 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2011, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Every few weeks or so I'll drive over to Kentucky and buy 2 to 5 lines. When I win the $23,000,000 Hoosier Lotto jackpot on Wednesday, I won't need to do that anymore. lol

Big Grin

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        17804 Posts
        Posted: June 12, 2011, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Every few weeks or so I'll drive over to Kentucky and buy 2 to 5 lines. When I win the $23,000,000 Hoosier Lotto jackpot on Wednesday, I won't need to do that anymore. lol

Big Grin

Once you get use to the life style $23,000,000 can afford, you need more just to continue living that way.  That's the reason I'm planning on a fairly simple life style if win the Ohio Classic jackpot of $34,400,000 tomorrow.

* you don't need more tickets * 
        * just the right ticket * 
           Wink 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 12, 2011, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Still no top prize winner for Decades of Dollars in any of the states since its inception in January 2011 (unless I'm mistaken).  For those playing out there, how many tickets do you usually buy at one time?  The odds are approx 1:10 million but I'm surprised nobody's won yet!  It would be nice if this was one of those rollover lotteries because the prize would be huge (like the Illinois lotto).

I quit playing Decades of Dollars and Win for Life both this month. Been playing Decades since it started in Va and never got more than a free ticket. For 2 bucks a line they can keep it. Been playing WFL for a looong time and ain't won jack squat on that one either, screw 'em. I just play the Cash 5 up there now, I get lucky with that one every onest in a while.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17804 Posts
            Posted: June 12, 2011, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I quit playing Decades of Dollars and Win for Life both this month. Been playing Decades since it started in Va and never got more than a free ticket. For 2 bucks a line they can keep it. Been playing WFL for a looong time and ain't won jack squat on that one either, screw 'em. I just play the Cash 5 up there now, I get lucky with that one every onest in a while.

Ohio once had a game called Lot'O Play.  Its tickets were $2 a line and you usually won nothing and its best day was its last day when they got rid of all the prize money with larger payouts for the lower tiers  winners if no one won the jackpot.  I bought 5 lines and because there wasn't a jackpot winner I won $40 or so. 

If they had payouts like that all along, I would have played more.  Now we have Classic Lotto and I still don't win much but it's a 6/49 game which I understand and it's only a dollar a line to play so when the jackpots gets over $30M with odds of 1:14M of winning it I play and losing doesn't feel as bad.

Wink 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1841 Posts
              Posted: June 13, 2011, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

Once you get use to the life style $23,000,000 can afford, you need more just to continue living that way.  That's the reason I'm planning on a fairly simple life style if win the Ohio Classic jackpot of $34,400,000 tomorrow.

I'm actually considering taking the annuity if I was to win. I'm still pretty young at the age of 25. A $23,000,000 annuity jackpot would come to about $548,933 after taxes every year for 30 years. Someone making that much a year can afford a $3m house with an inground pool, a few nice cars, nice vacations, and still have a lot left over to pay for other stuff. Even though I wouldn't retire if I was to win on Wednesday, it certainly would be enough that I could if I wanted to.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                17804 Posts
                Posted: June 13, 2011, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like you have it all figured out.  Just noticed no jackpot winner in tonight's Classic Lotto, so I'll be playing and dreaming again Wednesday too.

Wink 

Chesapeake, VA.
                  United States
                  Member #67005
                  November 13, 2008
                  61 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I have won a few free tickets and one 3 of 6 for $10 once. I havn't played it in a while though but am also surprised that no one has won the top prize. I guess the $2 a line is scaring people away from playing?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2011, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I have won a few free tickets and one 3 of 6 for $10 once. I havn't played it in a while though but am also surprised that no one has won the top prize. I guess the $2 a line is scaring people away from playing?

I don't think the $2 a line chases people away as much as seeing no big winner week after week after week and the jackpot staying the same with all that money they're raking in. I'd like to at least see it roll once in a while, while I'm spending 2 bucks a line. (which I no longer do)

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke