Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:10 am
You last visited July 24, 2014, 10:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Check your own Lottery Tickets

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Money 20bags2014.jpg
343/433/334
United States
Member #81314
October 16, 2009
9781 Posts
Posted: August 28, 2011, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/morning-rush-best-morning_n_938041.html?1314388095#s340436&title=Fox__Friends

Clerk tears up winning lottery ticket worth $10,000.00

Analysis:  The examination and evaluation of the relevant information to select the best course of action from among various alternatives.Type

“If the future doesn't come toward you, you have to go fetch it”

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5350 Posts
    Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I just don't understand some people. Why the heck would you even buy a ticket If you don't know how to check the ticket yourself? I check my scratch-off like 5 times over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I used to find winning tickets that were left on the lottery station a couple of times. Some people are just too dumb to play. They should stay away from the lottery.

A funny off topic story, I played a funny prank a few months ago in Florida. I won 100 bucks on a scratch and the clerk gave me the winning ticket back to me after it was cashed. She never stamped it or anything, so no one knew it was already cashed in...lol

I took it back to work in the lounge area where there are about 20 people. I left the ticket on the table to see the reactions...It was the funniest thing ever. One guy looked at it and started to ask others to make sure he wasn't seeing things, then he said how dumb the guy was to leave a winning ticket there...He pocketed the ticket. But before I left for a ride, I told him about the gag so he wouldn't waste time going to the store for nothing....But it was fun while it lasted...

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Money 20bags2014.jpg
      343/433/334
      United States
      Member #81314
      October 16, 2009
      9781 Posts
      Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I just don't understand some people. Why the heck would you even buy a ticket If you don't know how to check the ticket yourself? I check my scratch-off like 5 times over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I used to find winning tickets that were left on the lottery station a couple of times. Some people are just too dumb to play. They should stay away from the lottery.

A funny off topic story, I played a funny prank a few months ago in Florida. I won 100 bucks on a scratch and the clerk gave me the winning ticket back to me after it was cashed. She never stamped it or anything, so no one knew it was already cashed in...lol

I took it back to work in the lounge area where there are about 20 people. I left the ticket on the table to see the reactions...It was the funniest thing ever. One guy looked at it and started to ask others to make sure he wasn't seeing things, then he said how dumb the guy was to leave a winning ticket there...He pocketed the ticket. But before I left for a ride, I told him about the gag so he wouldn't waste time going to the store for nothing....But it was fun while it lasted...

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo@ Joker, that was a cruel joke, lmaoooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah, people should check their tickets themselves, instead of having other people do it for them, that's crazy.  And, it's the people that rarely play that win the big jackpots, this is just my opinion.

Good Luck.

Analysis:  The examination and evaluation of the relevant information to select the best course of action from among various alternatives.Type

“If the future doesn't come toward you, you have to go fetch it”

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
        California
        United States
        Member #112368
        June 17, 2011
        661 Posts
        Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

Why the heck would you even buy a ticket If you don't know how to check the ticket yourself?

I buy Poker Scratch Off on occasions even though I don't know how to play Poker. I do it because the game is quite new, has plenty of top prizes still available and has good odds. But I will never give it to the clerk if I don't know how much I win. What I do is entering the ticket number at my state lottery website replay program. If it is rejected, I know that I have a winner and then I scan it with do it yourself lottery scanner available in all lottery retailers. I do this twice at two different locations before cashing the ticket.

A funny off topic story, I played a funny prank a few months ago in Florida.

Have you ever tricked your friend with one of those fake lottery tickets? Every ticket is a winner for 10,000 dollars but the back of the ticket said that in order to redeem the ticket, you have to go to the North Pole and redeem it from Santa Claus.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5350 Posts
          Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Why the heck would you even buy a ticket If you don't know how to check the ticket yourself?

I buy Poker Scratch Off on occasions even though I don't know how to play Poker. I do it because the game is quite new, has plenty of top prizes still available and has good odds. But I will never give it to the clerk if I don't know how much I win. What I do is entering the ticket number at my state lottery website replay program. If it is rejected, I know that I have a winner and then I scan it with do it yourself lottery scanner available in all lottery retailers. I do this twice at two different locations before cashing the ticket.

Have you ever tricked your friend with one of those fake lottery tickets? Every ticket is a winner for 10,000 dollars but the back of the ticket said that in order to redeem the ticket, you have to go to the North Pole and redeem it from Santa Claus.

So you'd rather go to one place to see If it's rejected or not, then go to two other locations to see what the winner was, instead of learning Poker and checking it yourself, thus eliminating wasted time and wasted trips?

Okie Dokie.....Crazy

United States
            Member #75358
            June 1, 2009
            5350 Posts
            Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

• NO I havent, but I did watch videos on youtube with people going berserk when they realized they were winners...LOLReport abuse
              redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
              California
              United States
              Member #112368
              June 17, 2011
              661 Posts
              Posted: August 28, 2011, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

So you'd rather go to one place to see If it's rejected or not, then go to two other locations to see what the winner was, instead of learning Poker and checking it yourself, thus eliminating wasted time and wasted trips?

Okie Dokie.....Crazy

Only two stores not three. The one where I check whether a ticket is a winning ticket or not is not a physical store. It's a website.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 28, 2011, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

You won't find a bigger red flag than a clerk throwing your ticket away after checking it to see if it's a winner.

I always check my own tickets before handing them to a clerk to cash in (now) and woe be to the clerk that throws my ticket away, winner or no winner.

I just hope it's a man cuz it'll be Bedtime for Bonzo, Goodnight Irene and Goodbye Mr. Chips.

I had that happen once when I first started playing and didn't know any better. I've also had it happen twice since then and caught them throwing away winners to retrieve themselves later. I got the tickets back. I also caught em cheating my wife out of the full amount won. I got that back too.

The next time it's gonna be boom, boom, out go the lights.

Cuz Ridgey don't play dat no mo.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke