Welcome Guest
The time is now 4:30 am
You last visited April 25, 2014, 4:26 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Finally after 3 years someone hit the 1 million dollars a year for life scratch off.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 2 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ozone park
United States
Member #57042
December 15, 2007
51 Posts
Posted: January 3, 2012, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

NYS lottery is saying that the person has not gone public yet so no information is available as to who the winner is or where the ticket was purchased. It has been over 3 years since someone has won this game. There are still 3 top prizes left but there are also over 105 thousand tickets that have been destroyed because of businesses going out of business or out right robberies. 105 thousand tickets destroyed that is alot but theer is also 11 million tickets still not sold yet. But at least someone lucky has won.

Oyster Bay, New York
    United States
    Member #120729
    December 26, 2011
    26 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2012, 8:11 am - IP Logged

yeah I saw that, the person bought it somewhere on Jamaica ave iirc.

And about the destroyed tickets, how did you find out about that? I know businesses close everyday and inventory goes to waste but did you see anything first hand?

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      British Columbia
      Canada
      Member #116105
      September 4, 2011
      3373 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

$1M for Life...that's pretty sick White Bounce

how much is the cash option? Is there one? What?

"You have to be in it to win it!"

ozone park
        United States
        Member #57042
        December 15, 2007
        51 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2012, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Thanks for responding. I sent NY lottery a FOIL request and under the NYS lottery laws they are allowed to destroy all tickets that are not sold but the books are already opened when a business goes out of businees or the business changes hands. This is by law and the only way to change it is through the NYS legislation. simple as that no other way. Even if the business changes hands the owners are required to get a new lottery permit to sell the lottery tickets so all opened books that are unsold get destroyed. all books that are still sealed get resold through other businesses. ALSO there are many many robberies and burglaries in NYS and what happens is that when they steal the tickets they run and cash in the lower prize tickets as fast as they can and throw away the other ones since they cannot be cashed out and the lottery will cancel those stolen tickets as soon as they are notified of the burglary and the tickets get canceled anyway. 

With that I only inquired about the 1 million dollar a year scratch off and I almost dropped dead when they said that there was over 100 thousand destroyed tickets since the game started. There are 11 million tickets left to sell and just under 11 million tickets were sold. there were 22 million tickets printed for this game. But to hear that 105 thousand tickets were destroyed by the lottery division really struck me because they cannot say under the law if any of those destroyed tickets were the top prize tickets. and i know they know because I had an incident where I lost a ticket and I wanted to know if it had been cashed in because I never got to scratch it and all I had was the numbers on the back of the tickets which everyone can see and I sent a request with those numbers and I got a response back that it was not cashed and it was a 35 dollar winning ticket. So they do know what they are doing with these tickets. All of that was on the record in writing. Off the record I was told that the reason destroying tickets  is crucial to the selling of scratch off's is that they can keep selling the scratch offs even until the last top prize tickets is sold but f the ticlket is destroyed well than they can keep selling them until they have no more because it will never get claimed because it was destroyed. It is a huge edge that they use to sell out of their tickets. Because if they sold all the top prize tickets in the start of the game and had to take the game out they would lose money. Think about it.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95881
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2012, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for responding. I sent NY lottery a FOIL request and under the NYS lottery laws they are allowed to destroy all tickets that are not sold but the books are already opened when a business goes out of businees or the business changes hands. This is by law and the only way to change it is through the NYS legislation. simple as that no other way. Even if the business changes hands the owners are required to get a new lottery permit to sell the lottery tickets so all opened books that are unsold get destroyed. all books that are still sealed get resold through other businesses. ALSO there are many many robberies and burglaries in NYS and what happens is that when they steal the tickets they run and cash in the lower prize tickets as fast as they can and throw away the other ones since they cannot be cashed out and the lottery will cancel those stolen tickets as soon as they are notified of the burglary and the tickets get canceled anyway. 

With that I only inquired about the 1 million dollar a year scratch off and I almost dropped dead when they said that there was over 100 thousand destroyed tickets since the game started. There are 11 million tickets left to sell and just under 11 million tickets were sold. there were 22 million tickets printed for this game. But to hear that 105 thousand tickets were destroyed by the lottery division really struck me because they cannot say under the law if any of those destroyed tickets were the top prize tickets. and i know they know because I had an incident where I lost a ticket and I wanted to know if it had been cashed in because I never got to scratch it and all I had was the numbers on the back of the tickets which everyone can see and I sent a request with those numbers and I got a response back that it was not cashed and it was a 35 dollar winning ticket. So they do know what they are doing with these tickets. All of that was on the record in writing. Off the record I was told that the reason destroying tickets  is crucial to the selling of scratch off's is that they can keep selling the scratch offs even until the last top prize tickets is sold but f the ticlket is destroyed well than they can keep selling them until they have no more because it will never get claimed because it was destroyed. It is a huge edge that they use to sell out of their tickets. Because if they sold all the top prize tickets in the start of the game and had to take the game out they would lose money. Think about it.

Even if the business changes hands the owners are required to get a new lottery permit to sell the lottery tickets so all opened books that are unsold get destroyed

If this is the case, who's to say the lottery guy & the business owner arent in cahoots and scratch all the tickets before destroying them? Then if they happen to find  a big winner, they have a family member/friend "buy" the ticket or book of tickets before destroying them?

Then (for example) instead of having 100 books destroyed, they only have 99 and the other book was sold right before the business shut down?

ozone park
            United States
            Member #57042
            December 15, 2007
            51 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2012, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

true but there are some safe guards in place to prevent this but you are right anything is possible. But it is a fact that they destroy all unsold open books of scratch offs and that equals thousands in this case over 1 hundred thousand destroyed to date already.

ozone park
              United States
              Member #57042
              December 15, 2007
              51 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2012, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

also all winners are public information and we know where the tickets are bought and sold and if the business is opened or not so it would be too suspicious.

United States
                Member #97731
                September 22, 2010
                321 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2012, 3:22 am - IP Logged

This is ridiculous. I know that is why there are so many old games in Georgia that never seem to die. I never thought about the destroyed tickets, I had assumed that they were just in the back of a roll in a back woods town where very few people buy tickets. I am getting very sick of the lottery recently. Anything but $20 tickets are a joke in most cases, and you are wasting your money.

I have spent $140 on the NEW $10 ticket, 50X The Money. Even if you get just $1 and a 50X symbol, you will win $50, or $5, and you win $250. I know it is not a whole lot, but I have only won twice out of 14 tickets, and the overall odds are 1 in 3.29. I got a free ticket and $15! This is bull<snip>. I know you cant expect every 3 or 4 tickets in a row to always win, but this is a little off. I am losing at twice the average odds. It has the best odds of any Georgia ticket of winning $250, 1 in 250, just like Georgia Lottery Black has the best odds of winning $500, 1 in 498. The odds are best for those amounts, but in return you have many, many losers and small winners. I thought I would try out this ticket, but it is a big waste of money. On the other hand, there is a $10 game, Jingle Jumbo Bucks, with overall odds of 1 in 2.74 I think. You do win more frequently, but there are not many big prizes beyond $100.

I asked one guy buying Georgia Lottery Black if he had ever won the $500, and he said he had twice. I wonder how many tens of thousands he spent to win that. I  am just on a very bad losing streak right now, so I should just quit playing for a while, but in my sick, demented mind, I think I might actually win. I must say that I did win $100 on a $1 ticket once, and that was odds of 1 in 4,800 if I remember correctly, so it can happen. If I did that good on a $20 ticket I might win around $1,000, but I have spent at least $15,000 over the last two years, and the biggest winner I have to date is $300. Go me. I enter all of the second chance games, and never even win any of the cheap prizes. One day I will figure it out or quit playing. I think playing the lottery is like being a heroin addict, but at least the addict gets something for his money.

I guess I need to do what I used to when I consistently made a profit: record all purchases in an Excel Spreadsheet, with one sheet for each game you play. I put the roll number, ticket number, where I bought it, and whether I won or lost, and how much I won. I found that I literally won twice as often at one store than another. I very rarely go to that store, and if i do I almost always lose. The store is filled with professional gamblers and I think clerks that play too. You buy three $20 tickets in a row, and by the time you are done scratching the third one, when you get to the counter the numbers are off by two, i.e you are expecting number four, but it is number six, so you say <snip> it and leave. Some <snip> stole my win. I want to do illegal things to obtain lottery tickets, and the only reason that I do not is because the tickets would be cancelled, and I would probably end up in jail. That is how much contempt I have for the lottery right now. To say I am very disillusioned with the lottery is a gross understatement.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

ozone park
                  United States
                  Member #57042
                  December 15, 2007
                  51 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2012, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Carrl under the F.O.I.L.  act every lottery is public information. They have to tell you if they destroy tickets or not. most lotterys do this because iut will allow them to sell tidkets longer

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    2977 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2012, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

This is ridiculous. I know that is why there are so many old games in Georgia that never seem to die. I never thought about the destroyed tickets, I had assumed that they were just in the back of a roll in a back woods town where very few people buy tickets. I am getting very sick of the lottery recently. Anything but $20 tickets are a joke in most cases, and you are wasting your money.

I have spent $140 on the NEW $10 ticket, 50X The Money. Even if you get just $1 and a 50X symbol, you will win $50, or $5, and you win $250. I know it is not a whole lot, but I have only won twice out of 14 tickets, and the overall odds are 1 in 3.29. I got a free ticket and $15! This is bull<snip>. I know you cant expect every 3 or 4 tickets in a row to always win, but this is a little off. I am losing at twice the average odds. It has the best odds of any Georgia ticket of winning $250, 1 in 250, just like Georgia Lottery Black has the best odds of winning $500, 1 in 498. The odds are best for those amounts, but in return you have many, many losers and small winners. I thought I would try out this ticket, but it is a big waste of money. On the other hand, there is a $10 game, Jingle Jumbo Bucks, with overall odds of 1 in 2.74 I think. You do win more frequently, but there are not many big prizes beyond $100.

I asked one guy buying Georgia Lottery Black if he had ever won the $500, and he said he had twice. I wonder how many tens of thousands he spent to win that. I  am just on a very bad losing streak right now, so I should just quit playing for a while, but in my sick, demented mind, I think I might actually win. I must say that I did win $100 on a $1 ticket once, and that was odds of 1 in 4,800 if I remember correctly, so it can happen. If I did that good on a $20 ticket I might win around $1,000, but I have spent at least $15,000 over the last two years, and the biggest winner I have to date is $300. Go me. I enter all of the second chance games, and never even win any of the cheap prizes. One day I will figure it out or quit playing. I think playing the lottery is like being a heroin addict, but at least the addict gets something for his money.

I guess I need to do what I used to when I consistently made a profit: record all purchases in an Excel Spreadsheet, with one sheet for each game you play. I put the roll number, ticket number, where I bought it, and whether I won or lost, and how much I won. I found that I literally won twice as often at one store than another. I very rarely go to that store, and if i do I almost always lose. The store is filled with professional gamblers and I think clerks that play too. You buy three $20 tickets in a row, and by the time you are done scratching the third one, when you get to the counter the numbers are off by two, i.e you are expecting number four, but it is number six, so you say <snip> it and leave. Some <snip> stole my win. I want to do illegal things to obtain lottery tickets, and the only reason that I do not is because the tickets would be cancelled, and I would probably end up in jail. That is how much contempt I have for the lottery right now. To say I am very disillusioned with the lottery is a gross understatement.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

If you are spending $7000+ each year on the lottery, I suggest you lay off the scratchers. Play Pick 3 or Pick 4 if your state has Pick 4. The odds are much, much better, and it's great entertainment. Personally, I play all the jackpot games in my state, and I play the Pick 4 game . I still lose more than I win, but I limit my play to $1 per draw except PB and MM, I play $2 per draw on those.

You can play just a few bucks on your state jackpot game and be in the hunt for millions. Yeah the odds are really high, but where are you with the scratchers? In my opinion, the scratchers are for folks that want instant gratification. I like the online games because I like the anticipation of the draw coming up. Think about it and quit the scratchers for a while and work the Pick 3 to start, see how you do.

Good luck!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)