Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:13 am
You last visited October 25, 2014, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you win and you plan to remain anonymous: You do know...

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 3 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2012, 11:25 am - IP Logged

lets say you win Powerball you havent gone and cash the ticket yet but you call to lottery office to let them know...i dont know about cell phones but you do know that there are people who listen to the state/countrys phone calls and they are not the government [who knows cell phones too]...why??? because is like computer hacking, if they listen to phone calls they can know a lot about people and about people's secrets...when you call the state lottery and tell them you have the winning ticket, is like sending cash, in this case lots of cash through the mail, someone might take it, in this case, someone might be listening...this is not new news is old news [it happens all over the world]....also you can remain very anonymous and still people can find out that you are a lottery winner by the stuffs you purchase online...like if you purchase things online your family couldnt afford before or is out of the family income before you all won the lottery...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121750
    January 16, 2012
    3284 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2012, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I am sure they get a lot of calls and a lot are really hypothetical calls or pranks.  If you win and need to call the lottery office for something, simply say you won more than $600 or had a small win and had a question.  Why disclose more? It's not like they are going to call you back and say "so when are you coming to cash in your ticket?"

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
      Denver, Co
      United States
      Member #103049
      December 29, 2010
      546 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

lets say you win Powerball you havent gone and cash the ticket yet but you call to lottery office to let them know...i dont know about cell phones but you do know that there are people who listen to the state/countrys phone calls and they are not the government [who knows cell phones too]...why??? because is like computer hacking, if they listen to phone calls they can know a lot about people and about people's secrets...when you call the state lottery and tell them you have the winning ticket, is like sending cash, in this case lots of cash through the mail, someone might take it, in this case, someone might be listening...this is not new news is old news [it happens all over the world]....also you can remain very anonymous and still people can find out that you are a lottery winner by the stuffs you purchase online...like if you purchase things online your family couldnt afford before or is out of the family income before you all won the lottery...

"someone might take it, in this case, someone might be listening..."

That one word "might" is the key....and just because someone "might" be listening does not mean that they are or they will. And just because someone "might" be listening, I'm not going to run to CNN and give them my name, address, phone, and bank account #'s and announce I have the winning ticket. I'm still going to take care to protect my identity and my anonymity regardless of what someone else 'might' try to do.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

you probably seen this in movies, scary movies...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨