Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:13 am
You last visited September 2, 2014, 9:59 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do lottery software really works?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 2 years ago by skio.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
17841 Posts
Posted: April 17, 2012, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

Most lottery software have a disclaimer that says it's for entertainment only so when players ask me do lottery software really work I don't know if they are asking is it really entertaining or does it pick winning lottery numbers. 

All I can say if your lottery software doesn't make trying to win a lottery entertaining then it doesn't work.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
* your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
    Wink 

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
    Vancouver BC
    Canada
    Member #96080
    August 22, 2010
    101 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

I would use only software that predicts winning numbers; otherwise I don't see a purpose in using such software.

If the software does predict numbers it should also do 3 other things:

1) Explain how it selects the numbers, so I can see if there is logic behind it (e.g. if they use a random numbers selection

I don't think I would need such a software, probably I can do as good drawing from my hat).

2) If the software uses some selection method based on stats it should also allow bactrack to see if its selections

were successful - before I play them.

3) I believe that in any numeric lottery (including my recent favorite Pick 3) wheels are a must for success; any software

that does not include them is basically a game of entertainment to kill the time.

Aquarius

United States
      Member #126141
      April 4, 2012
      26 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2012, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Lottery software is most like a scam, it's exactly the same as using QP's, making your own random numbers, or playing different sets of numbers. Because every number has an equal chance of coming up. Yes Nod

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        2119 Posts
        Posted: April 18, 2012, 8:35 am - IP Logged

Most lottery software have a disclaimer that says it's for entertainment only so when players ask me do lottery software really work I don't know if they are asking is it really entertaining or does it pick winning lottery numbers. 

All I can say if your lottery software doesn't make trying to win a lottery entertaining then it doesn't work.

RJOh

The best has to be one that you wrote yourself.  This way you can control how it picks the lines.

Some people have the idea that it does not make any difference how the numbers are selected,

because they all have the same odds of showing.   QP's are, in my opinion the very worst way to

play and I know many will dissagree.   What works for me may not work well for others and vice

versa.  Having some fun playing is a must regardless of what one uses even if it's pen and paper.

Some people take the odds way to seriously and need to chill.  The lottery is a game and just

because some people choose to play more aggressively, others feel the need to jump in and spout

there differences in opinion.  Everything I need to know about the odds is printed on the back of a

playslip.  A good software should hit many lower prizes keeping the cost down until the big one

with your name on it shows.  Playing more lines increases you chances but it does not decrease

the odds for the game.   Some people have a weird idea about the odds and get them confused

all the time.  If I had to pick one marble from a bag of 10 marbles then I have a one in 10 chance.

If I pick 5 from that same bag then I have 5 chances in 10 of selecting any one paticular.  Some

have tried to tell me that making 5 selections gives me no better chance then picking 1 from 10.

Each set I play removes one line from the total possibilities and so does each consective set I

play.  This is the only real 100% true way to gain advantage in the game.  Having more than one

ticket resuces the total possibilities of not matching.  In a pick 5 game each set of 5 different numbers

I play has 10 chances of matching 3 numbers.  Playing 5 lines of different numbers gives me 50 chances

of matching 3of5.  I am rambling so I will stop, some of the post I read really make me want to pull my

hair out.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.

US Flag

SergeM's avatar - alas
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123705
          February 27, 2012
          2784 Posts
          Posted: April 18, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I am always surprised how many English mistakes are done in the posts.
          Do lottery software really works? Thumbs Up

Personally I like to know what the software does.

If the program returns statistics, there is nothing wrong with it,
          unless the output wrong.

When a program proposes a choice of numbers, you can reject or keep that selection.

Vancouver BC
            Canada
            Member #96080
            August 22, 2010
            101 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2012, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I believe that lottery software, in order to be useful for playing, should do 3 things:

1) Offer several prediction methods with clear explanation how each method selects

the numbers. Personally, I would not use anything that makes "hidden" predictions.

2) Offer a selection of wheels for playing. Every numeric lottery can have wheels.

They significantly improve chances of winning - I've seen it in action in such different

lotteries as Lotto 649 and Pick 3. For me - no wheels, no play.

3) Provide a backtracking ability for all prediction methods so their performance

can be monitored at all times. Here I speak from experience as I got my a** kicked

playing without backtrack.

If the software has all these 3 features it will be most likely help in more consistent

winning. Any of the above features missing will basically render the software useless.

Have you seen many packages that meet these 3 criteria?

Aquarius

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2012, 4:15 am - IP Logged

RJOh

The best has to be one that you wrote yourself.  This way you can control how it picks the lines.

Some people have the idea that it does not make any difference how the numbers are selected,

because they all have the same odds of showing.   QP's are, in my opinion the very worst way to

play and I know many will dissagree.   What works for me may not work well for others and vice

versa.  Having some fun playing is a must regardless of what one uses even if it's pen and paper.

Some people take the odds way to seriously and need to chill.  The lottery is a game and just

because some people choose to play more aggressively, others feel the need to jump in and spout

there differences in opinion.  Everything I need to know about the odds is printed on the back of a

playslip.  A good software should hit many lower prizes keeping the cost down until the big one

with your name on it shows.  Playing more lines increases you chances but it does not decrease

the odds for the game.   Some people have a weird idea about the odds and get them confused

all the time.  If I had to pick one marble from a bag of 10 marbles then I have a one in 10 chance.

If I pick 5 from that same bag then I have 5 chances in 10 of selecting any one paticular.  Some

have tried to tell me that making 5 selections gives me no better chance then picking 1 from 10.

Each set I play removes one line from the total possibilities and so does each consective set I

play.  This is the only real 100% true way to gain advantage in the game.  Having more than one

ticket resuces the total possibilities of not matching.  In a pick 5 game each set of 5 different numbers

I play has 10 chances of matching 3 numbers.  Playing 5 lines of different numbers gives me 50 chances

of matching 3of5.  I am rambling so I will stop, some of the post I read really make me want to pull my

hair out.

RL

RL stole my reply ... and improved it. Clown

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86155
                January 30, 2010
                1418 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2012, 10:55 am - IP Logged

RJOh, commercial lottery software is only a product of the original designer's perceived method of approach to the game, okay. This is all it can be because every player see's something different in terms of their overall approach and, thus, there is no one system fits all. What you conceive as a winning approach is more than likely not incorporated into a commercial system. Then again, it just might be and this is where most players either love or hate the software they've purchased. In turn, the product receives great or terrible reviews.

In the end, though, it's really not the software's fault if it doesn't produce the expected results. Why? Well, the player is basically trying to apply their thoughts (methods) with a system that's not programmed with the said theory. Does this make sense? Only the actual player can know exactly what they want and why when it comes to these numbers. Even if the software allows the player to input certain variables, it's still programmed to generate numbers based on the original programmer's methodology.

I've personally never purchased anyone's software for two reasons: (1) Only I know what I see with numbers, and, (2) only I could develop a program which allows me to take full advantage of my thoughts.

Over the years, I've seen sooooo many threads on systems here at LP...some which seemed to work well for certain players while producing absolutely nothing for others. See what I'm saying? It's all in how a person understands the software, in regards to their pattern of thinking, which makes it or breaks it. In the end, though, you can't really criticize a person's way of thinking in terms of numbers. Why? Well, we all see everything differently for the most part...even the same numbers which are used every where. Hope this helps.

L.L.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #86155
                  January 30, 2010
                  1418 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2012, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

All I can say is, "Whoa" as I just browsed through a thread containing some information about PI and how it applies to Pick 3. For years, Pick 3 has simply boiled down to (3) positions which contain numbers ranging from (0-9). Then, (5) of each of those are (Odd) while the other (5) are Even numbers...and thus form combinations of Odd-Odd-Even, Even-Even-Odd, Even-Odd-Odd, Odd-Even-Even, Odd-Even-Odd, Even-Odd-Even, Str8 Even, and Str8 Odd...that's it.

I'm just having a really hard time understanding where PI, circumferences, radius, and so many other technical terms play any type of significant role in this game. Seriously. Numbers go hi, low, or mid-range and form the above-mentioned combinations along with sums. End of story. Maybe I over simplify this game, but it's all I can see in (0-9). 

There's no hidden crticism in this post, okay, so please don't read into it as such. I just don't know how/why Pick 3, seemingly, requires a PhD to implement a reasonable method to a simple number set.

L.L.

Vancouver BC
                    Canada
                    Member #96080
                    August 22, 2010
                    101 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

I also don't understand why people use complicated numerical acrobatics to select future numbers

(PI and relatives being a good example) while there are simple and reliable computations available

to anybody. I use frequency charts like hot, cold, repetitive, overdue, due to hit etc. and they provide

a good picture of what's currently happening in the lottery, what are the trends and what direction

they are going. How many times in our history it was proven over and over again that simpler - is

simply better. KISS applies to lotteries as well. I guess some think that if something looks more

complicated it acquires a sort of scientific glory. Silly.

Aquarius

skio's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
                      Ancona
                      Italy
                      Member #125990
                      April 1, 2012
                      570 Posts
                      Posted: April 20, 2012, 7:34 am - IP Logged

I also don't understand why people use complicated numerical acrobatics to select future numbers

(PI and relatives being a good example) while there are simple and reliable computations available

to anybody. I use frequency charts like hot, cold, repetitive, overdue, due to hit etc. and they provide

a good picture of what's currently happening in the lottery, what are the trends and what direction

they are going. How many times in our history it was proven over and over again that simpler - is

simply better. KISS applies to lotteries as well. I guess some think that if something looks more

complicated it acquires a sort of scientific glory. Silly.

Aquarius

True  Thumbs UpHurray!

...so I find my lottery earnings much useful......because spendable !!ROFL