Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:15 pm
You last visited August 30, 2014, 10:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery analysis software?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 2 years ago by lottoarchitect.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MA
United States
Member #89096
March 30, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2012, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know of a program that studies the algorythms used on previous drawings to help select the next draw of numbers?

I heard of one somewhere but cannot find it now.

Thanks!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    17833 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

If you know the algorithm then you can test it by using it.  It's coming up with one that's the hard part.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
    * your best chance to win a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
        Wink 

MA
      United States
      Member #89096
      March 30, 2010
      245 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2012, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply.  No, I don't have one to try.

I saw some softare a while ago that supposedly analyzed the previous drawings and the algorithm used but can't find it now.

Anyone know of such a system?

Thanks

aquariuslottery's avatar - AquariusLotteryLogo
        Vancouver BC
        Canada
        Member #96080
        August 22, 2010
        101 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2012, 12:01 am - IP Logged

What is a lottery you want to analyse?

Pick 3, Pick 4, Mega, anything else?

Aquarius

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
          Atchafalaya Basin
          United States
          Member #90218
          April 24, 2010
          10467 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2012, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the reply.  No, I don't have one to try.

I saw some softare a while ago that supposedly analyzed the previous drawings and the algorithm used but can't find it now.

Anyone know of such a system?

Thanks

Analyzing the Previous Drawing no Problem .. Any good software from Lotto Pro to Gail Howards " Smart Luck " can due that for You ..But , a software that can find the right algorithm ?? Never heard or seen such a Software !! Good Luck in your Search ..

CW4

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            17833 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2012, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Analyze enough previous drawings and put all those results together and you've got an algorithm.  Then if it produce a winning combination in a group of combinations small enough that you can afford to play them all then you've got something.

Wink 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              2908 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2012, 3:54 am - IP Logged

Defunct E.O.L. (Entertainment On Line) Lottery Tracker and Wheeler used Cumastat to review about 8 prediction methods to determine the weight of each toward the next draw.  Not only didn't it work very well, if you deleted the last draw and tested the strongest recommended methods they failed to predict the winning numbers within a sizeable reduced field.

There was another program, also defunct that tested the last draw against thousands of simple predictions methods like one up from the previous draw, the top ten winning systems for the previous draw generally failed to provide winning numbers unless you played so many it was pointless.   In back testing the program could always find a system that would have won, problem was that system never won in the next draw as far as my testing could tell.   

BobP

MA
                United States
                Member #89096
                March 30, 2010
                245 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2012, 8:26 am - IP Logged

Thanks to all who replied.  Yes, I thought there was a specific system to target the agorithms but I'll keep on using the methods on the LP to try and get some wins.

Aquarius, this is for pick 5 basically as I thought it might be easier but so far no luck.

Will keep on trying.

If anyone has some ideas I would be open to hearing them as I'm not having any luck with my GH system or Expert Lotto.

Thanks

bgonçalves
                  Brasil
                  Member #92566
                  June 9, 2010
                  1418 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2012, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Hello, meskhov, the problem is the numbers do not have a memory of past results, as has been proved here in the forum, you may want to study patterns of the past and are not numbers, then the number is or is not in default (groups numbers) to study the separate digits appear to be more profitable, and divide into 4 parts lotto to see unity, pairs and trios of each four shares, the only trend that can see past results, and their frequency in 80 % of the draws in the central range of the bell curve (the curve of probobabildades) then a lottery 49/6 4 is trying to hit the other two random numbers, we will never 100% predict a lottery, we can only get close, you know! !

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    17833 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Hello, meskhov, the problem is the numbers do not have a memory of past results, as has been proved here in the forum, you may want to study patterns of the past and are not numbers, then the number is or is not in default (groups numbers) to study the separate digits appear to be more profitable, and divide into 4 parts lotto to see unity, pairs and trios of each four shares, the only trend that can see past results, and their frequency in 80 % of the draws in the central range of the bell curve (the curve of probobabildades) then a lottery 49/6 4 is trying to hit the other two random numbers, we will never 100% predict a lottery, we can only get close, you know! !

the problem is the numbers do not have a memory of past results

I don't see that as a problem as long as players have one or track past results.

Wink 

bgonçalves
                      Brasil
                      Member #92566
                      June 9, 2010
                      1418 Posts
                      Posted: April 20, 2012, 11:41 am - IP Logged

hello, meskhov, past performance has no impact on anything for the future, because of the randomness of the game, you can confidently predict only a part of the result The repetition of a key event is the probability, but the total control is impossible Due to the large number of conbinaçoes, mathematics will always be 60% and 40% random   Varying this percentage,

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: April 20, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Defunct E.O.L. (Entertainment On Line) Lottery Tracker and Wheeler used Cumastat to review about 8 prediction methods to determine the weight of each toward the next draw.  Not only didn't it work very well, if you deleted the last draw and tested the strongest recommended methods they failed to predict the winning numbers within a sizeable reduced field.

There was another program, also defunct that tested the last draw against thousands of simple predictions methods like one up from the previous draw, the top ten winning systems for the previous draw generally failed to provide winning numbers unless you played so many it was pointless.   In back testing the program could always find a system that would have won, problem was that system never won in the next draw as far as my testing could tell.   

BobP

Not only didn't it work very well, if you deleted the last draw and tested the strongest recommended methods they failed to predict the winning numbers within a sizeable reduced field.

LOL garbage-ware.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          17833 Posts
                          Posted: April 20, 2012, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

BobP

they failed to predict the winning numbers within a sizeable reduced field.

That seems to be a fault in most prediction software even when they point a player in the right direction. 

For example in the last MM drawing the lowest number in the winning combination was #1 and it was in the first position of the sorted combination.  Most prediction software would probably predict the lowest and first number in tonight's sorted winning combination will be higher than #1 since of the 55 times that #1 was in the previous 711 winning combinations after the last matrix change was only followed by itself five times and the rest of the times was followed by numbers  in the range of 2-29 with #2 being the most popular.  The range of 2-29 is not a manageable field size for players playing only a few lines and while the most popular numbers often repeat, they do so less than 50% of the time.  As you can see this type of analysis isn't very helpful to the average player.

Wink 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            17833 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2012, 10:13 am - IP Logged

they failed to predict the winning numbers within a sizeable reduced field.

That seems to be a fault in most prediction software even when they point a player in the right direction. 

For example in the last MM drawing the lowest number in the winning combination was #1 and it was in the first position of the sorted combination.  Most prediction software would probably predict the lowest and first number in tonight's sorted winning combination will be higher than #1 since of the 55 times that #1 was in the previous 711 winning combinations after the last matrix change was only followed by itself five times and the rest of the times was followed by numbers  in the range of 2-29 with #2 being the most popular.  The range of 2-29 is not a manageable field size for players playing only a few lines and while the most popular numbers often repeat, they do so less than 50% of the time.  As you can see this type of analysis isn't very helpful to the average player.

As predicted, the first and lowest number was between 2 and 29, but the field was so wide knowing that didn't help much.

Wink 

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                              Member #2815
                              November 18, 2003
                              486 Posts
                              Posted: April 23, 2012, 5:52 am - IP Logged

Hi meskhov, you probably refer to my program GAT Engine discussed here

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/240293

However it doesn't use algorithms with the traditional means everyone here will jump in and say they don't work. Traditional algorithms indeed do not work because they attempt to tackle the prediction problem with elementary approaches such as hot/cold/due, delay patterns, statistics, AI or whatever. Also of course numbers do not have memory and prediction does not work under the concept of numbers having memory and this is the reason the above methods do not work and the belief it is impossible to make a prediction; they rely on numbers having memory for these approaches to work! I have already users who have won good money using this system, one particularly over the last 10 draws, he has won 4 4-hits and 2 5-hits in his 6/49 game (he plays a wheel of 12 numbers) and he is of course very excited with that performance. As you can see, there is a big distribution of opinions regarding if lotto draws can be predicted or not. Myself I say they can be predicted up to an extend and the reason I developed GAT Engine, my proof is the regular wins observed by my users. If you ask these users, their opinion is it can be predicted only if you have the right mechanism to do so. Others who try to approach the subject via hot/cold/due, statistics, AI etc will say it can't be predicted because they attempt to analyse properties that aren't in the lotto draws in first place.

If you have something to do, at least do it well...