Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:58 am
You last visited September 20, 2014, 7:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rdgrnr.

Page 226 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116272
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2013, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Seriously, I can't imagine a world without the "IF" statement.  Ronnie316 is using

conditional odds. For example IF he is able to trap the 5 correct numbers in a pool

of 29 numbers he has improved his chances of winning regardless of the odds for

the game.   

Are his methods of selection giving him an edge in the game, I could say yes or I could

say no but regardless of what one believes chance plays a role. 

The only way to change the odds is to change the matrix of the game,  Ronnie316 is

not really doing this because regardless of which numbers he removes the balls are not

removed from the hopper, RNG etc..... 

Jimboozoo in the last couple years has stumbled upon statistics and it changed his life

in such a way that he now views himself as an enlightened being.  Around 20 years ago

I wrote my first lottery program which was math based.  One of very first things I noticed

was that math was limited as far as helping me win.

Some believe they can better there chances of winning and some do not.  Is a winning

streak just a chance occurrence or is it something more.  It can't be proven one way or

the other regardless of what one believes.  Will a winning streak last forever or will it end

the next drawing?  Most if not all winning methods are based on short term patterns that

render back testing useless.  Find something that can be defined within the randomness 

of the draw and make a few calculations for it's next expected show and wait until it's in

a prime position to show and then jump in, kind of like card counting. 

Anyone interested in trying to predict something like the next lottery number set should 

do a little study into random sampling and CLT "central limit theorem."   Forget the balls

bouncing around inside a hopper and view the draw as an assortment of biased variables.

Find a bias for one variable and you have a starting point then keep adding more and more

as you find them. 

The surest way to loose is to play every game.

RL

Ronnie316 is using

conditional odds. For example IF he is able to trap the 5 correct numbers in a pool

of 29 numbers he has improved his chances of winning regardless of the odds for

the game.   

Thank you RL,

this is a very simple and straightforward observation that jim and boney refuse to acknowledge.

United States
    Member #116272
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2013, 10:58 am - IP Logged

jim and boneys efforts to disrupt and discourage lottery players is becoming more and more apparent.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      17879 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2013, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC,

Since you seem to think it matters how early someone used statistics and computers, I thought I would clarify an allusion you made in your last post.

If you were truthful in a PM over a year ago when you alluded to your age, I was programming large room-size computers in the military before you entered high school.

--Jimmy4164

Were those the computers that set in an air conditioned room that required changing the wiring on big circuit boards to program them? 

I've read today's laptop computers have more computing power than a room of those relics and are easier to program using the higher level computer languages available now days.

Don't you think that the increase in computing power have allowed the individual to think about theories that no one dared dream about back in the days you were programming?

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
      * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
           Wink 

United States
        Member #124498
        March 14, 2012
        7024 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2013, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

Were those the computers that set in an air conditioned room that required changing the wiring on big circuit boards to program them? 

I've read today's laptop computers have more computing power than a room of those relics and are easier to program using the higher level computer languages available now days.

Don't you think that the increase in computing power have allowed the individual to think about theories that no one dared dream about back in the days you were programming?

Good point RJ.  Maybe boney is still using his Commodore 64 to try and win the lottery, and thats why he has no luck.

Weren't those the same computers NORAD uses to track alien spacecraft for NASA?

It all makes sense.

Boney IS one of those reptilian chitauri interdimensional aliensConehead that love to drink human blood,Evil Looking (and jimmy might be a hybrid with one of those grey aliensConehead and his role is sidekick or vice versa) or he is from the planet X.Conehead

There is no other logical explanation for this illogical stance on the virtues of logic.

These guys are worse than that alien Rush Limbaugh.  Its like trying to debate with Judge Judy.

I think the only intention boney and jimmy have is to be so annoying so an arguement ensues whereby then Todd locks this thread.

Luckily though Ridge has withdrawn his troops.

They should go away so we can go on with our goal of winning.Idea

These guys are worse than the cops during prohibition.

jimmy4164's avatar - andy warhol.jpg
          State of Mind
          United States
          Member #93949
          July 10, 2010
          2145 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2013, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

When you say, "Don't you think that the increase in computing power have allowed the individual to think about theories that no one dared dream about back in the days you were programming?" you disappoint me.  Just when I think you're a true seeker of knowledge, you join with those intent on discrediting my remarks.  The MILS equipment I worked on early in my computing career was mentioned merely to bring RL-RANDOMLOGIC up to date.  Please note that the days of my programming started with that period and include today.

Your friends here like to dwell on the fact that >IF< they correctly select a subset of the total field of balls in [EG] a Powerball game, >THEN<, their probability of winning is greater than those of us who don't know which subset is the correct one.  You would really impress me if you would use the knowledge I'm pretty sure you have to point out to them that when they calculate their probability of selecting the correct subset, and multiply it by the one they tout, they will find themselves in the same boat as the rest of us. Smile

--Jimmy4164

United States
            Member #124498
            March 14, 2012
            7024 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2013, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

When you say, "Don't you think that the increase in computing power have allowed the individual to think about theories that no one dared dream about back in the days you were programming?" you disappoint me.  Just when I think you're a true seeker of knowledge, you join with those intent on discrediting my remarks.  The MILS equipment I worked on early in my computing career was mentioned merely to bring RL-RANDOMLOGIC up to date.  Please note that the days of my programming started with that period and include today.

Your friends here like to dwell on the fact that >IF< they correctly select a subset of the total field of balls in [EG] a Powerball game, >THEN<, their probability of winning is greater than those of us who don't know which subset is the correct one.  You would really impress me if you would use the knowledge I'm pretty sure you have to point out to them that when they calculate their probability of selecting the correct subset, and multiply it by the one they tout, they will find themselves in the same boat as the rest of us. Smile

--Jimmy4164

Will the proper study of mankind is books.  But some of us are more well read in books.

You guys still have not explained the lotto in terms of the schrodinger equations.

Physical chemists measure these probabilities everyday.  No mention of Einstein

Einstinian theory proves the lottery can be anticipated.Yawn

You guys are starting to bore me.YawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawnYawn

United States
              Member #116272
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

--Jimmy4164

No one denies the overall theme that you are fixated on Jim. The problem is that reality dictates boney plays ONLY on nights like Nov. 28, 2012 where he could have used my "subset" for 10 times BETTER ODDS

United States
                Member #116272
                September 7, 2011
                20244 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2013, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Good point RJ.  Maybe boney is still using his Commodore 64 to try and win the lottery, and thats why he has no luck.

Weren't those the same computers NORAD uses to track alien spacecraft for NASA?

It all makes sense.

Boney IS one of those reptilian chitauri interdimensional aliensConehead that love to drink human blood,Evil Looking (and jimmy might be a hybrid with one of those grey aliensConehead and his role is sidekick or vice versa) or he is from the planet X.Conehead

There is no other logical explanation for this illogical stance on the virtues of logic.

These guys are worse than that alien Rush Limbaugh.  Its like trying to debate with Judge Judy.

I think the only intention boney and jimmy have is to be so annoying so an arguement ensues whereby then Todd locks this thread.

Luckily though Ridge has withdrawn his troops.

They should go away so we can go on with our goal of winning.Idea

These guys are worse than the cops during prohibition.

Thats funny LottoBoner..........................

United States
                  Member #116272
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

On this specific, individual, particular, lone and singular night I was playing with BETTER ODDS. Can anyone deny the reality of this simple truth without convoluting it into a book chapter from a mad scientist?

01 02 03 04 05 09 10 12 14 15 16 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 29 31 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 42 43 46 47 51 52 54 55 56 57 58

Wednesday, November 28, 2012              05 · 16 · 22 · 23 · 29      06                  $587.5 Million

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2013, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

RL-RANDOMLOGIC,

Since you seem to think it matters how early someone used statistics and computers, I thought I would clarify an allusion you made in your last post.

If you were truthful in a PM over a year ago when you alluded to your age, I was programming large room-size computers in the military before you entered high school.

--Jimmy4164

I love how libs, who all hate the military, always claim to have been in it when seeking credibility.

Fail.

United States
                      Member #116272
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I love how libs, who all hate the military, always claim to have been in it when seeking credibility.

Fail.

I Agree! He looks like a round peg trying to go into a square hole.....................

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        2126 Posts
                        Posted: January 7, 2013, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

I think I still have the picture of me standing beside the space shuttle Columbia

just after mission STS1, it does not mean that I was the pilot.  Just asking but what

did you do in that room filled with computers?   I remember in the early 80's when

the Air Force computerized it's bench stock to eliminate fraud.  No more $400.00

toilet sets and $600.00 hammers.    I was part of that team which was partnered

with Wang.  We also had room sized mainframes with tape drives, I think my personal

laptop has more power.  I am sorry to hear that you are so old but I can't  help you there.

I also don't understand what the true age thing is all about.  I have however gotten a

couple years older since that time but I am sure I have not caught up with you.  It's a 

shame that you never continued your programming skills as it might give you something

to play around with.  Just for the record, I have no problem with statistics at all, I just don't

like you.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          17879 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2013, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

--Jimmy4164

Discrediting yours or anybody else's remarks isn't part of my agenda and neither is supporting them.

I come to LP to read and consider what other players are doing to improve their odds of winning and occasionally make a comment, not to rehash the logic that some have been preaching for years as good reasons to not play the lotteries.

Lottery players know the odds of winning but that isn't going to change their minds about playing.

Plenty of >if< and >then< in the logic of the members in this thread don't make their ideas less worthy than yours, they just have to find a way to apply their logic to their games and I think that's possible with the computing power of their home computer.

* you don't need more tickets, just the right ticket * 
                          * your best chance at winning a lottery jackpot is to buy a ticket * 
                               Wink 

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            2126 Posts
                            Posted: January 7, 2013, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Discrediting yours or anybody else's remarks isn't part of my agenda and neither is supporting them.

I come to LP to read and consider what other players are doing to improve their odds of winning and occasionally make a comment, not to rehash the logic that some have been preaching for years as good reasons to not play the lotteries.

Lottery players know the odds of winning but that isn't going to change their minds about playing.

Plenty of >if< and >then< in the logic of the members in this thread don't make their ideas less worthy than yours, they just have to find a way to apply their logic to their games and I think that's possible with the computing power of their home computer.

I Agree!

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.

US Flag

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              5438 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2013, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

Read your post above again.  I used the construction, Either / Or.  I don't KNOW what category you fall into.  However, I seem to recall you said you were a former casino worker, which, for me, supports the idea that you are a believer.  On the other hand, your posting content, patterns, and your longevity here, might suggest the fee for service alternative. Smile

--Jimmy4164

Nope never worked in a casino, but owned some casino stock. These forums are free though some members claim some of the numbers are theirs. Coin Toss worked in casinos and and several members claim ownership to certain numbers and number combinations.

Page 226 of 353