Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:51 am
You last visited September 19, 2014, 7:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do some number combinations have better odds?

Topic closed. 5280 replies. Last post 1 year ago by rdgrnr.

Page 243 of 353
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116272
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2013, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

.......I also read the Lottery Master Guide, and have some very basic understanding of what a flag formation is.

Which incidently I think somebody said it was bogus.

Could have been RJ, he hates GH,

or maybe it was Jimmy, he wanted me to do a full treatise on wikipedia and solicit the math club for payments or something like that.

LMAO...... 

Whatever works for you Bro.

Its not that hard to be positive and encourage people to follow their dreams.

lol. lol. lol.

United States
    Member #116272
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 15, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

LMAO...... 

Whatever works for you Bro.

Its not that hard to be positive and encourage people to follow their dreams.

lol. lol. lol.

Have a good night everyone.........Sleep

jimmy4164's avatar - andy warhol.jpg
      State of Mind
      United States
      Member #93949
      July 10, 2010
      2145 Posts
      Posted: January 15, 2013, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

A sure fire way to increase your odds of winning would be to free up some of the hours you currently spend pondering your selections and spend them on a part time job, using all the money earned to buy  MORE TICKETS like those above.  Not only Boney, Mediabrat, and myself will agree that you are increasing your odds of winning something, but every mathematician in the world as well!

United States
        Member #116272
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2013, 10:31 am - IP Logged

A sure fire way to increase your odds of winning would be to free up some of the hours you currently spend pondering your selections and spend them on a part time job, using all the money earned to buy  MORE TICKETS like those above.  Not only Boney, Mediabrat, and myself will agree that you are increasing your odds of winning something, but every mathematician in the world as well!

FYI Jimmy, Im NOT looking for acceptance among the mathematician community of the world......

United States
          Member #116272
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2013, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Set of 28 for MM. Tue. Jan. 15, 2013.

01 02 03 04 06 07 10 13 14 21 25 28 29 30 32 33 34 38 39 40 41 43 44 51 52 54 55 56

bonus ball 10

3 of 5 on this draw.....

1 · 6 · 12 · 19 · 41
          Mega Ball:  14

United States
            Member #116272
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2013, 10:37 am - IP Logged

Boney hit 4 of 5 on this MM draw....................

United States
              Member #116272
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

One sure fire way to increase your odds is to........ buy a ticket SOMEDAY...........

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                5437 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

FYI Jimmy, Im NOT looking for acceptance among the mathematician community of the world......

I thought mathematical acceptance was when we first understood 5 of something is more than 1 of something; like 5 pennies are more than one penny and any 5-year-old that understands it, is generally accepted. Calculating the probability of any group of 28 numbers having a five number match is a little more complex math, but the results show there should be 1 five number match in the next 39 outcomes.

You ran a test using a group of 28 numbers and had 5 five number matches in less than 39 drawings and I understood that 28 numbers is more than 25 numbers and knew that 25 or less numbers are drawn in five consecutive matches. So there are thousands of groups of 28 numbers that will match 5 numbers every five consecutive drawings.  If my mathematical argument still doesn't prove it to them, your use of specific groups of 28 before the drawings should.

If Jimmy and others still can't believe some number combinations do get better odds, they can ask a 5-year-old why 5 pennies is more then 1 penny.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #99034
                  October 18, 2010
                  1439 Posts
                  Posted: January 16, 2013, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I thought mathematical acceptance was when we first understood 5 of something is more than 1 of something; like 5 pennies are more than one penny and any 5-year-old that understands it, is generally accepted. Calculating the probability of any group of 28 numbers having a five number match is a little more complex math, but the results show there should be 1 five number match in the next 39 outcomes.

You ran a test using a group of 28 numbers and had 5 five number matches in less than 39 drawings and I understood that 28 numbers is more than 25 numbers and knew that 25 or less numbers are drawn in five consecutive matches. So there are thousands of groups of 28 numbers that will match 5 numbers every five consecutive drawings.  If my mathematical argument still doesn't prove it to them, your use of specific groups of 28 before the drawings should.

If Jimmy and others still can't believe some number combinations do get better odds, they can ask a 5-year-old why 5 pennies is more then 1 penny.

You seem to be forgetting that statiscal analysis requires far more work than you're pointing out.  FAR more.  In fact your argument is inherently fallicious, in that you are comparing two entirely different branches of mathemtics, as if they're exactly the same concept.  They aren't even close.  Arithmetic and Statistics are just far too differnt to be compared in that manner.

Of course it's convenient for people to just over simplify things like you just did, to the point where they aren't even using the right math, but that doesn't make it correct.

Igorance is bliss, isn't it?

jimmy4164's avatar - andy warhol.jpg
                    State of Mind
                    United States
                    Member #93949
                    July 10, 2010
                    2145 Posts
                    Posted: January 16, 2013, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Could you address this please?

United States
                      Member #116272
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2013, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

You make a good point that 1 year of data is only 104 draws out of 175 million. That's why I chose to keep the bonus number as merely a "bonus" and focus on hitting 5 of 5 with 1 in 39 odds. 

As I have said many times, Mediabrats One in a 1000 blog would have required about 9.6 years to hit 5+1 using 175,000 lines per draw. I was only looking to improve slightly on the 9.6 year time horizon. 

Oopsa daisy..... Not only did I hit 5+1 in less than 39 draws, so did one of my fellow players. 

Lets just say we got lucky and call it a day...........

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        5437 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2013, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

You seem to be forgetting that statiscal analysis requires far more work than you're pointing out.  FAR more.  In fact your argument is inherently fallicious, in that you are comparing two entirely different branches of mathemtics, as if they're exactly the same concept.  They aren't even close.  Arithmetic and Statistics are just far too differnt to be compared in that manner.

Of course it's convenient for people to just over simplify things like you just did, to the point where they aren't even using the right math, but that doesn't make it correct.

Igorance is bliss, isn't it?

"In fact your argument is inherently fallicious, in that you are comparing two entirely different branches of mathemtics, as if they're exactly the same concept."

I suppose counting to 5 or 28 is a little different than dividing 3,819,816 by 98,280, but the average 8 or 9-year-old can do it and very easy too with that new invention, the calculator. We may have to ask a 14-year-old how to calculate the number of possible outcomes in 5/56 and 5/28, but after all the extremely difficult simple calculations, the average 5-year-old will tell you "5 pennies are more than 1 penny".

"Of course it's convenient for people to just over simplify things like you just did, to the point where they aren't even using the right math, but that doesn't make it correct."

Do you want to argue that 5 pennies is not more than 1 penny or that 28 numbers is not more than 25 or less numbers?

"Igorance is bliss, isn't it?"

Ronnie asked if it's possible for a group of 28 numbers to get more than 1 five number match in 39 drawings. True ignorance is saying it's not possible after being shown the mathematical facts.

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          5437 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2013, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Run a Monte Carlo simulation based on 50,000 $1 QP players playing you mythical game every day for five years and give a detailed report; maybe that will empress someone.

United States
                            Member #116272
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: January 17, 2013, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Run a Monte Carlo simulation based on 50,000 $1 QP players playing you mythical game every day for five years and give a detailed report; maybe that will empress someone.

Thank you Stack for trying to stay on topic in spite of all the disruptive posts of boney and jim.

It occurs to me that the 5 times BETTER ODDS I achieved in the 39 draw trial DID NOT include hitting the bonus number on one of those 5 of 5's which adds the 1 in 46 element to those odds........

What are the odds? lol.

United States
                              Member #116272
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2013, 10:38 am - IP Logged

In the link posted by Jimmmy april 1, 1964, he clearly stated that he has never tried to pick any winning numbers, and I think we can begin to see he and boney have the same mental and emotional issues.

What we have proven here {without dispute) is that people who TRY to pick winning numbers, can pick winning numbers which is something the doubters and haters will never comprehend from withing their lucid egg shell existence.

Page 243 of 353