Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:57 am
You last visited September 20, 2014, 3:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Quick Picks

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by maximumfun.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Jacksonville, Florida
United States
Member #129280
June 14, 2012
20 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2012, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

If you play a bonus number game and pick your own numbers in the white balls, but you select QP for the bonus ball. You happen to hit the jackpot. Is this considered a QP win and labeled as so by the lottery Association?

United States
    Member #111446
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2012, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

If you play a bonus number game and pick your own numbers in the white balls, but you select QP for the bonus ball. You happen to hit the jackpot. Is this considered a QP win and labeled as so by the lottery Association?

Although it's only a partial QP, I believe it would still be considered a QP win.

Other giant brains should be weighing in soon to confirm that however.  Conehead Conehead Conehead

Great question LotOfJack!!!

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

United States
      Member #124621
      March 16, 2012
      1476 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2012, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

#1 i have a tiny brain... and most of it is unused... but here is my 1/2 a cent worth of info...

I can only say what RI would do... I asked and they said if a qp function is used at all it is considered qp... (but we are an odd little state... so I have NO idea how anywhere else would handle it)

and welcome to LotteryPost LOJ!

United States
        Member #111446
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2012, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

#1 i have a tiny brain... and most of it is unused... but here is my 1/2 a cent worth of info...

I can only say what RI would do... I asked and they said if a qp function is used at all it is considered qp... (but we are an odd little state... so I have NO idea how anywhere else would handle it)

and welcome to LotteryPost LOJ!

Your much to modest about your brain Max! It is far better to have a tiny brain with some usage, then a huge brain with none.

Thank you for weighing in Max.  I believe two votes is almost a majority here at LP.

THEREFORE: Let it be known across the lands far and wide, as well as over all WWW's, that a partial QP is most definetely considered a winning QP.

Jacksonville, Florida
          United States
          Member #129280
          June 14, 2012
          20 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2012, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replys. A friend of mine will only play QP's and he said something like 75% (no ideal on this figure) of winners are QP's. It just got me thinking if the lottery Association does this, that the statistics would be skewed.

In Florida here, the winners are listed if QP or not. I have something to say to him now on that regard.

Thanks

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            5438 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replys. A friend of mine will only play QP's and he said something like 75% (no ideal on this figure) of winners are QP's. It just got me thinking if the lottery Association does this, that the statistics would be skewed.

In Florida here, the winners are listed if QP or not. I have something to say to him now on that regard.

Thanks

It would probably be a self pick because you filled out a playslip. And the PB website guesstimates 70% to 80% of both sales and winners are QPs.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-064.jpg

United States
              Member #124621
              March 16, 2012
              1476 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2012, 1:40 am - IP Logged

It would probably be a self pick because you filled out a playslip. And the PB website guesstimates 70% to 80% of both sales and winners are QPs.

Stack could be right...