Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:48 pm
You last visited October 24, 2014, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Changed My Life

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 2 years ago by wknightm.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130820
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2012, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

TLC is running another "Lottery changed my life marathon" this Sun. Aug 19. at 2 p.m. if anyone cares to watch, I think Ive seen them all....BTW what are some of your favorites if you ever seen the show? Her's a couple of mine....

1. Streetsweeper millionaires--The streesweepers who won and their coworkers who didnt play tried to sue for a portion of the win.

They lost and are miserable cause the one guy still works there and they have to look at his face

everyday....LOL

2. Most eligible bachleor millionaire---The old guy who won a million dollars and his stupid grown son spending his money and

talking like he's educated. Then he bought a nw camaro ss and almost wrexked b4 he got  off

the lot. LOL

Anyways those are a couple that I like....What are some of yours???

hearsetrax's avatar - 78638c467ef281febf24383e126f74b6

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    1882 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2012, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

TLC is running another "Lottery changed my life marathon" this Sun. Aug 19. at 2 p.m. if anyone cares to watch, I think Ive seen them all....BTW what are some of your favorites if you ever seen the show? Her's a couple of mine....

1. Streetsweeper millionaires--The streesweepers who won and their coworkers who didnt play tried to sue for a portion of the win.

They lost and are miserable cause the one guy still works there and they have to look at his face

everyday....LOL

2. Most eligible bachleor millionaire---The old guy who won a million dollars and his stupid grown son spending his money and

talking like he's educated. Then he bought a nw camaro ss and almost wrexked b4 he got  off

the lot. LOL

Anyways those are a couple that I like....What are some of yours???

newbies like small children ...... should be seen and not heard Twitch

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      egg harbor twp.south jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112972
      June 29, 2011
      3163 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Did it say if there were new shows ?

I have most if not all on my DVR.

Its been set to record all episodes, but it recognizes any already recorded,

then does not record it again.

Don't have a favorite, wanna see em all,

I don't think they makin any new ones, hard enough for someone to win,

then from the small group of winners, they have to convince the winners to come on the show,

I just don't want that kind of attention.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
        Member #116272
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2012, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I have not seen it, but it was talked about a couple a months ago.

wisconsin
          United States
          Member #130759
          July 23, 2012
          138 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

There's a documentary out there called "millions a lottery story" that tells the life of a few lottery winners years after they won. It takes a difefrent approach

than the show LCMY, it's more of a focus on them as people,  than what they bough with there moneyt.

The people featured in the documentary are a few of the group of lunch room ladies from Minnesota, and some old time lottery winners Curtis Sharp and Loius Eisenberg.  It's somewhat slow, but enjoyable.

BTW, if this is common knowledge on this board, forgive me.

United States
            Member #112972
            June 29, 2011
            3163 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

There's a documentary out there called "millions a lottery story" that tells the life of a few lottery winners years after they won. It takes a difefrent approach

than the show LCMY, it's more of a focus on them as people,  than what they bough with there moneyt.

The people featured in the documentary are a few of the group of lunch room ladies from Minnesota, and some old time lottery winners Curtis Sharp and Loius Eisenberg.  It's somewhat slow, but enjoyable.

BTW, if this is common knowledge on this board, forgive me.

News to me, thanks.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

wisconsin
              United States
              Member #130759
              July 23, 2012
              138 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

*Note to self, proofread before you hit post.*

Is there a way to edit your posts???

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                -Ridge Runner- Oracle of the Appalachians
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2012, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

*Note to self, proofread before you hit post.*

Is there a way to edit your posts???

You have 20 minutes to edit or delete, then the edit and delete buttons disappear.

onlymoney's avatar - stargate pyramid.jpg

United States
                  Member #128795
                  June 2, 2012
                  5031 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2012, 12:15 am - IP Logged

My favorite one is the guy who was a crack head before his windfall, but fortune didn't fare him well. He resorted back to that low life activity after his riches became reality, and at the end he bombed. His obvious and inevitable demise shortly followed. What a waste of money. What was the name of the episode? i believe he sold a lot of his art or something to get out of debt.

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                    Columbus, Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #128911
                    June 5, 2012
                    442 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2012, 5:47 am - IP Logged

I'll watch all of them again

United States
                      Member #112972
                      June 29, 2011
                      3163 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2012, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

My favorite one is the guy who was a crack head before his windfall, but fortune didn't fare him well. He resorted back to that low life activity after his riches became reality, and at the end he bombed. His obvious and inevitable demise shortly followed. What a waste of money. What was the name of the episode? i believe he sold a lot of his art or something to get out of debt.

are you talking about David Lee Edwards, the ponytail guy ?

United States
                        Member #130820
                        July 25, 2012
                        1636 Posts
                        Posted: August 15, 2012, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I did see that dognabit...it was pretty good I watched it on my vomputer...That one lunch lady who just wanted a refrigerator that made ice, she was so sweet that all she really wanted hehehe I got a kick out of it when she was so happy when it was installed.

United States
                          Member #130820
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: August 15, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I dont think the new season comes out this november like it did last year...but you never know..Anyways haymaker I thought I was the only one who recorded and kept them on my dvr...hehe I usually delete and rerecord if the one I have is in poor condition cause it's been saved so long LOL

United States
                            Member #112972
                            June 29, 2011
                            3163 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2012, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I dont think the new season comes out this november like it did last year...but you never know..Anyways haymaker I thought I was the only one who recorded and kept them on my dvr...hehe I usually delete and rerecord if the one I have is in poor condition cause it's been saved so long LOL

I save them as a type of lottery 101 class, LOL

did't know that they can deteriorate by being saved long term.

maybe I should XFR to DVD ?

lejardin's avatar - Lottery-014.jpg

United States
                              Member #118613
                              November 4, 2011
                              337 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2012, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanx for the info, I too, think I have seen them all and will watch every repeat they play.  Love to dream what it would be like to win and that can begin with tonights PB. 

The Morrisons from New York was one of my favorites.  If I recall correctly they used to run a shelter, after the win the state said they owed all kinds of money, which turned out to be untrue.  People thought since they won the money from the win, just pay it and they refused.   I agree, not guilty, they dont owe the money and fight to clear their name.

My other favorite is Brad Duke from Idaho who donates to charities and is investing to try to increase his holdings!

I would want to claim the win anonymously and if not possible, collect and get out of the state or country for a while.  And although I love to watch the shows I would never be on one!  Maybe that is why there are no new shows coming out?

Good Luck to all entered into Powerball !

US Flag Romney/Ryan November 2012