Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:33 am
You last visited October 21, 2014, 9:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Replay/2nd chance drawings for scratchers

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 2 years ago by inittowin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Los Angeles, CA
United States
Member #97912
September 26, 2010
278 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2012, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

California has 2nd chance drawings for scratchers. For example, with a scratcher game with the top prize of $100,000, they'll have a drawing for an identical prize. All you have to do to enter is input the unique code from your losing scratcher

Do other states have these as well? Anyone here ever win or know someone who's won a second chance drawing?

Also, what do you guys think of taking losing tickets out of the trash and using them to enter these drawings? My local grocery store has a lotto ticket/scratcher vending machine and there's a trash can right next to it which contains almost exclusively losing tickets/scratchers. Sometimes people just leave their losing scratchers on a table or something, and I'll take those no question lol. I think I might be a little self conscious about reaching into the trash though lol. It's a pretty busy store and it's right by the entrance

Miami, Florida
    United States
    Member #111799
    June 2, 2011
    555 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2012, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

California has 2nd chance drawings for scratchers. For example, with a scratcher game with the top prize of $100,000, they'll have a drawing for an identical prize. All you have to do to enter is input the unique code from your losing scratcher

Do other states have these as well? Anyone here ever win or know someone who's won a second chance drawing?

Also, what do you guys think of taking losing tickets out of the trash and using them to enter these drawings? My local grocery store has a lotto ticket/scratcher vending machine and there's a trash can right next to it which contains almost exclusively losing tickets/scratchers. Sometimes people just leave their losing scratchers on a table or something, and I'll take those no question lol. I think I might be a little self conscious about reaching into the trash though lol. It's a pretty busy store and it's right by the entrance

Florida has 2nd chance drawings from time to time, and I myself have taken tickets from the waste can in order to enter them! Ha!  But I didn't win, so I'm not dumpster diving anymore!!!

Honestly though, there are some regular guys on here who have entered COUNTLESS tickets into these 2nd chance drawings without winning anything. My take on it is that the Lotter Commission knows that a second chance drawing is a psychological advantage because they get to put out so many duds, but we the players don't really register it as a complete loss because we "think" we still have a shot at winning. For me, 2nd chance drawings only allow the lottery to issue more and more losing tickets while the players think that we have an extra opportunity. It's like putting the spoiled fruit out for half price.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104438
      January 14, 2011
      2194 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2012, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Ive never won anything from 2nd chance games and I had TONS of entress when Heat and Magics tickets were out. several people won 5-6 times each in a drawing, crazy !!! Those particulars scratchers have worse odds then regular games so now I avoid them.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

GA
        United States
        Member #110382
        May 2, 2011
        4786 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2012, 12:38 am - IP Logged

I won 10,000 in a second chance drawing about 2 years ago.

San Diego
          United States
          Member #46705
          September 23, 2006
          55 Posts
          Posted: August 30, 2012, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I enter them as I get them. Just entered 40 of them. I found one two weeks ago for 6.00 that someone disgarded and didn't scan properly. May be only 6.00 but I discovered it while entering replay scratchers during commercials. People don't have computers or want to take the time to do them. I get them together and enter them while watching the news. Keeps my fingers loose and one day I might hit one larger than 6.00.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
            Chicago,IL.
            United States
            Member #2902
            November 29, 2003
            1308 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2012, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I won a second chance drawing last year here in IL. but that was before they allowed you to enter online. before the 2nd chance draw was strictly via mail and they would pull your name out of a drum. now i wonder how the winner is chosen because i guess by law they still allow mail in entries as well as the on-line entry. i wonder if they take those mail in and put those numbers into a computer database with the other entries.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
              If you don't like it, spit it out!
              United States
              Member #4756
              May 23, 2004
              3101 Posts
              Posted: September 11, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Ive never won anything from 2nd chance games and I had TONS of entress when Heat and Magics tickets were out. several people won 5-6 times each in a drawing, crazy !!! Those particulars scratchers have worse odds then regular games so now I avoid them.

I agree James.

What most people forget is that the 2nd chance winning money is also created from that ticket sale.

So, it is less payout on the scratch tickets to pay for the second game.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!

Patience & a progressive wagering plan WILL make you $$$!