Welcome Guest
The time is now 7:38 pm
You last visited October 30, 2014, 7:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where are the lucky spots in the rolls of 5 dollar tickets?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 2 years ago by RedStang.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
elynch2218's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
ma
United States
Member #133215
September 23, 2012
26 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2012, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Ive won one hundred dollars 4 times since march this year on 5 dollar tickets. I live in MA. Ive won 2 times on MA lottery Gold. Once on Jumbo bucks and once on Price is right. Ive noticed that its usually on a ticket between 88 to 75 but ive one 100 bucks on 003 before. I am curious if anyone has any imput on where the big winners are. I have never hit more than 100 bucks.

United States
    Member #122473
    February 1, 2012
    415 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2012, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Ive won one hundred dollars 4 times since march this year on 5 dollar tickets. I live in MA. Ive won 2 times on MA lottery Gold. Once on Jumbo bucks and once on Price is right. Ive noticed that its usually on a ticket between 88 to 75 but ive one 100 bucks on 003 before. I am curious if anyone has any imput on where the big winners are. I have never hit more than 100 bucks.

Hi,

I'm also in Mass and if you have won 100 dollars 4 times this year on 5 dollar tickets I'd say you have done very well. How often do you buy scratchers? I go through periods of not winning anything on scratchers to winning 20 dollars or just breaking even. Have won 100 dollars twice on a 5 dollar ticket but that was after playing for a few years. It always seems like a needle in a haystack finding that elusive jackpot ticket.

elynch2218's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
      ma
      United States
      Member #133215
      September 23, 2012
      26 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2012, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm also in Mass and if you have won 100 dollars 4 times this year on 5 dollar tickets I'd say you have done very well. How often do you buy scratchers? I go through periods of not winning anything on scratchers to winning 20 dollars or just breaking even. Have won 100 dollars twice on a 5 dollar ticket but that was after playing for a few years. It always seems like a needle in a haystack finding that elusive jackpot ticket.

I try to play once a week. I take a set limit of 25 bucks will buy 5 in a row and only roll winnings into more tickets without putting money with it..but the key word here is "try" as instant games are very addicting. Ive tried to pay attention to what number tickets hit and which ones dont. I have found that most of the time if i buy 5 and hit a 100 altogether in the 5 tickets i will win 110 to 115. Ive been pretty lucky on the mass lottery gold. Ive also one one hundred on the newer green ticket that im drawing a blank on right now. Ive one 100 on the price is right also. If i win 100 i will roll 25 back in hoping for a bigger jackpot and take the rest in cash. I have found that on 2 dollar tickets i dont win more than 20 and its mostly 2 or 4 bucks which is frusterating. I never play one dollars really bec the odds are terrible. I have taken a 20 dollar win and bought a 20 dollar ticket but only win my 20 or nothing at all. Ive also noticed that there is one store in particular that hits ALOT and has alot of jackpot winners. They post their winning tickets all over the front of the store..so i look at the ticket numbers and try not to buy the same ticket..since the odds of hitting on that same ticket if it was recent are slim. Ive also tried my luck on keno...ive never won big but i have payed alot of attention to the different number groups that come out alot and tried playing that way. im just trying to gather as much information as possible about the lottery system and other peoples methods and apply them to my own and see if it helps "gain" instead of lose money haha. Best of luck!

Tyler Texas
        United States
        Member #130929
        July 28, 2012
        78 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2012, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

I try to play once a week. I take a set limit of 25 bucks will buy 5 in a row and only roll winnings into more tickets without putting money with it..but the key word here is "try" as instant games are very addicting. Ive tried to pay attention to what number tickets hit and which ones dont. I have found that most of the time if i buy 5 and hit a 100 altogether in the 5 tickets i will win 110 to 115. Ive been pretty lucky on the mass lottery gold. Ive also one one hundred on the newer green ticket that im drawing a blank on right now. Ive one 100 on the price is right also. If i win 100 i will roll 25 back in hoping for a bigger jackpot and take the rest in cash. I have found that on 2 dollar tickets i dont win more than 20 and its mostly 2 or 4 bucks which is frusterating. I never play one dollars really bec the odds are terrible. I have taken a 20 dollar win and bought a 20 dollar ticket but only win my 20 or nothing at all. Ive also noticed that there is one store in particular that hits ALOT and has alot of jackpot winners. They post their winning tickets all over the front of the store..so i look at the ticket numbers and try not to buy the same ticket..since the odds of hitting on that same ticket if it was recent are slim. Ive also tried my luck on keno...ive never won big but i have payed alot of attention to the different number groups that come out alot and tried playing that way. im just trying to gather as much information as possible about the lottery system and other peoples methods and apply them to my own and see if it helps "gain" instead of lose money haha. Best of luck!

Here in Texas our $5 scatchers go from #1- #75. I have bought thousands over the past several years from $5 to $50 tickets. I have not really found any part of the roll consistently better. I have bought a few complete rolls. I have won $100 and $500 winners numerous times. I would guess 30% of my best hits were tickets #1-#10 ;40% were in the #40's and the other 30% were all over. Basically from my experience they mix them up so you can't figure out anything that works longterm.

RedStang's avatar - threefin zpsd48411ab.jpg
          Dutchess NY
          United States
          Member #121966
          January 21, 2012
          2686 Posts
          Posted: September 26, 2012, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Story about a upstate winner:

So this guy walks into a convenience store near Albany, NY. His intention is to buy a whole bunch of scratch-off tickets from the same roll. So that's what he does - He buys about 25 or so tickets called The Color Of Money, all from the same roll.

This guy just about clears the row of tickets. But he stops at the last one. He didn't buy that last ticket. Why? Well, according to him, the last ticket on the roll never wins.

So the guy walks out the store. He leaves happy, though, because one of his tickets won him $100. It was a good day for him.

That last ticket stayed on that roll for a few hours. Many customers came and went. Any one of them could have bought the ticket. But nobody did.

Then Debra O'Brien walked in. She stopped by the store to pick up a coffee and two Cashword scratch-off tickets. But her plans were derailed by the store clerk. The store clerk suggested she buy that last Color Of Money ticket instead of the Cashword tickets. Debra was skeptical. Even she believed the last ticket on the roll never wins. But she bought it anyway, at the urging of the clerk.

Then Debra scratched. "I saw the word 'jackpot' and knew immediately I hit the big one," she said. She won $1 million!

The guy that bought the 25 tickets walked out of the store happy because he won $100; it was a good day for him. Debra O'Brien walked out of the store ecstatic because she won $1 million; it was a GREAT day for her!

Now the real question is, Who's the sucker that lost out on a million dollars? I'm sure he's heard the story by now. I'm sure he realizes how close he was to winning a million dollars. I'm sure he'll never stop at the last ticket on the roll ever again. I'm sure he's kicking himself right about now. Oh well, his loss is Debra's gain.