Welcome Guest
The time is now 10:33 am
You last visited April 19, 2014, 10:29 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Random acts of kindness and/or charity

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 1 year ago by CinCin.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111446
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2012, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

There you go making lemon aid out of lemons again.  Do you use Polish Spring water? Roll Eyes

Seriously, I had them five gallon water bottles delivered for years.

To save money on my lottery tickets however, I got rid of that service six months ago.

Saves me $50 a month.  Hyper

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    DON'T HATE THE PLAYA HATE THE GAME
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106669
    February 22, 2011
    16290 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2012, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Seriously, I had them five gallon water bottles delivered for years.

To save money on my lottery tickets however, I got rid of that service six months ago.

Saves me $50 a month.  Hyper

Thumbs UpYou are VERY Frugal

United States
      Member #111446
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2012, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs UpYou are VERY Frugal

Frugal is as frugal does. Big Grin Angel

u$a
        United States
        Member #106669
        February 22, 2011
        16290 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2012, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Frugal is as frugal does. Big Grin Angel

Snowman12-25-12

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          8762 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2012, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Well now that the frenzy is over and all the un-won millions fantasized about aren't going to get to the charities fantasized about can we remember that one 'did' beats millions of 'gonnas'.

Any charity would rather get some kind of donation instead ofa "When I hit a jackpot" promise.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #130820
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2012, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

Well now that the frenzy is over and all the un-won millions fantasized about aren't going to get to the charities fantasized about can we remember that one 'did' beats millions of 'gonnas'.

Any charity would rather get some kind of donation instead ofa "When I hit a jackpot" promise.

I don't think anybody said that they PROMISED to do anything......Alot of people said what they would LIKE to be ABLE to do......if in fact they DID hit it big.....but nobody PROMISED anything.............and no one will

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              17419 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2012, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

The only charity that won't be getting anything because I didn't win is me since I'm my favorite charity.

* Thoses who can, do * 
              * thoses who can't, just talk *
              Roll Eyes 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                17419 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2012, 12:54 am - IP Logged

I don't think anybody said that they PROMISED to do anything......Alot of people said what they would LIKE to be ABLE to do......if in fact they DID hit it big.....but nobody PROMISED anything.............and no one will

No body ever promised anything but a lot people were talking about the acts of kindness they plan to do if they won.  I think they was just trying to create some good Kama in hope that it was bring them luck, but it didn't work because you don't have to win a lottery to do an act of kindness if you're for real.

* Thoses who can, do * 
                * thoses who can't, just talk *
                Roll Eyes 

United States
                  Member #130820
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2012, 9:00 am - IP Logged

No body ever promised anything but a lot people were talking about the acts of kindness they plan to do if they won.  I think they was just trying to create some good Kama in hope that it was bring them luck, but it didn't work because you don't have to win a lottery to do an act of kindness if you're for real.

No they were just daydreaming about stuff they could do if they did won because they could afford it.....It has nothing to do with karma....karma comes from actions not thinking about your actions, and no you don't have to win the lottery to do acts of kindness.....but boy does it help....LOL Stop being so cynical son....that's bad karma too...

RedStang's avatar - mustangstu zps4c591ef5.jpg
                    Dutchess , NY
                    United States
                    Member #121966
                    January 21, 2012
                    2305 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

There are all kinds of things you can do.

Pay for someone's gas or groceries that you see at the store.

Help an animal rescue that sends out calls for emergency funds.

Put $100 in the Salvation Army's Christmas bucket outside Walmart.

Go to the discount stores in August when school clothes and supplies buying time, and hand out $100 to random people with kids in tow.

Donate a truck load of school supplies to a school in the poor section of town or a small rural farming community. Or both.

Follow the propane truck making deliveries to rural areas and offer to pay heating costs for elderly customers.

It's all in finding the most need and filling in the spaces.

I would give the salvation army a $1000 to stop ringing that annoying bell for a day.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      15816 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2012, 11:38 am - IP Logged

There are all kinds of things you can do.

Pay for someone's gas or groceries that you see at the store.

Help an animal rescue that sends out calls for emergency funds.

Put $100 in the Salvation Army's Christmas bucket outside Walmart.

Go to the discount stores in August when school clothes and supplies buying time, and hand out $100 to random people with kids in tow.

Donate a truck load of school supplies to a school in the poor section of town or a small rural farming community. Or both.

Follow the propane truck making deliveries to rural areas and offer to pay heating costs for elderly customers.

It's all in finding the most need and filling in the spaces.

Excellent...and exactly.

Do them now if you can. You will be rewarded when you least expect it. Watch out for others and your time will

come. Give without thought of when your time will come but just know it will.

1444 6341 6901

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        15816 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2012, 11:44 am - IP Logged

This too, is good and true. I Agree!

Don't put off small things you can do now saying, when I win I'll do big things.

Do bigger things when you win. Most everyone can do small things now...some of those things don't cost anything

either.

1444 6341 6901

u$a
                          United States
                          Member #106669
                          February 22, 2011
                          16290 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2012, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I would give the salvation army a $1000 to stop ringing that annoying bell for a day.

Thats the Christmas spiritThumbs Up

u$a
                            United States
                            Member #106669
                            February 22, 2011
                            16290 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2012, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

i donate every Friday No matter if i win or not Blue Angel

11/29/2012Point of Sale DebitCBN DONATION 707-7763334 VA 2118000 888$50.00

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121750
                              January 16, 2012
                              2876 Posts
                              Posted: November 30, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Well some of us donate to our favorite charities now.  But being able to add a few zeros to the check would have been nice. I have seen very few people believe they are creating "good karma" for a  lottery win by promising to donate some of the winnings to charity.  You can judge their sincerity by asking them if they donate to these same charities now. If they do not give of their time or money now, it is unlikely they would give any if they hit it big.

Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars,

because it is his natural characteristic,

so the artist works.

by Alma  Gluck